Windows 10: 100 gigs of an old game stuck in Windows Apps.

Discus and support 100 gigs of an old game stuck in Windows Apps. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have over 100 gigabytes of data from Ark Survival Evolved stuck in Windowsapps. I downloaded Ark awhile ago from the windows store, didn't play it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Jake_H97, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Jake_H97 Win User

100 gigs of an old game stuck in Windows Apps.

I have over 100 gigabytes of data from Ark Survival Evolved stuck in Windowsapps. I downloaded Ark awhile ago from the windows store, didn't play it much and deleted it because it was taking up too much space. Recently I was seeing what else i could delete and found data from Wildcard studios and ultimately Ark, was still in windows apps. I tried my best but cannot seem to delete it. Help me its just useless data.

:)

Jake_H97, Jan 13, 2021

2. DiRT Rally 2.0 Stuck in Xbox app

Thank you Jeffrey,

I guess not need for step 2 as I won't run it as .ps1 script.

I tried the command, but the game is still stuck in the Xbox app, keep in mind that the game is not listed in Windows apps.

Ashraf Al-Askari, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 13, 2021
  4. 100 gigs of an old game stuck in Windows Apps.

Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

100 gigs of an old game stuck in Windows Apps.

1. 100 gigs of an old game stuck in Windows Apps. - Similar Threads - 100 gigs old

2. windows reset stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows reset stuck on 100%: my PC has been running painfully slowly for months. I tried a reset but it would not allow that so I upgraded to windows 11 which took ages it did not help with the issue of slowness but let me get a bit further with the reset. Now its stuck on preparing to reboot and...
  3. <100 Mbps on Gig network - Fixed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    <100 Mbps on Gig network - Fixed?: I just upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC. Reused the same ethernet cable, but only got about 50 Mbps, where my Win10 got about 800. My PC is plugged into a dumb gig switch. The switch is plugged into one of the 4 ports on my Google Fiber router. I also have a Synology NAS with...
  4. <100 Mbps on Gig network - Fixed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    <100 Mbps on Gig network - Fixed?: I just upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC. Reused the same ethernet cable, but only got about 50 Mbps, where my Win10 got about 800. My PC is plugged into a dumb gig switch. The switch is plugged into one of the 4 ports on my Google Fiber router. I also have a Synology NAS with...
  5. <100 Mbps on Gig network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    <100 Mbps on Gig network: I just upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC. Reused the same ethernet cable, but only got about 50 Mbps, where my Win10 got about 800. My PC is plugged into a dumb gig switch. The switch is plugged into one of the 4 ports on my Google Fiber router. I also have a Synology NAS with...
  6. <100 Mbps on Gig network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    <100 Mbps on Gig network: I just upgraded to a new Windows 11 PC. Reused the same ethernet cable, but only got about 50 Mbps, where my Win10 got about 800. My PC is plugged into a dumb gig switch. The switch is plugged into one of the 4 ports on my Google Fiber router. I also have a Synology NAS with...
  7. Xbox Game Pass BETA app is eating 90 gigs of my ssd.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Pass BETA app is eating 90 gigs of my ssd.: So I decided to download fallout 76 on the game pass yesterday onto my hard drive, but it has a problem with not being on your C drive, so I used apps and features to move it over. The moving went fine, but then the Xbox app didn't read it nor any of my installed games, now...
  8. Windows update stuck to %100

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update stuck to %100: [ATTACH] I tried to update to the new windows update for this month, but the downloading stuck to %100 for more than two hours, and I don't think it's need that much time, because it's not a big update. I tried to restart and the same problem happen once again. can anyone...
  9. Windows restart stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows restart stuck on 100%: Today i tried to restart my windows so i could free up space beacuse my pc is backed. I got to 100% when it says it will automatically restart and its been stuck like that for 5 minutes, Why? submitted by /u/Kiro551 [link] [comments]...
  10. Game stops downloading after a few gigs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game stops downloading after a few gigs: hello, So i wanted to download Forza Horizon 4 again. It download's till around 8gb, but after that it stops completely and i get a notification with: ''SATA available disk: deleted.'' I tried to restart the download, Restart my pc and then download it again. But nothing is...