Windows 10: 100% HD Drive Usage when inserting writeable CDR, DVDR

Discus and support 100% HD Drive Usage when inserting writeable CDR, DVDR in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I have been building my own machines for as long as I can remember and since upgrading to Windows 10 last year all was fine until I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChaseMCClaine, Jan 11, 2016.

1. 100% HD Drive Usage when inserting writeable CDR, DVDR

Hi All,

I have been building my own machines for as long as I can remember and since upgrading to Windows 10 last year all was fine until I tried burning a few disk to archive.

Problem:
    When inserting any writeable DVD-R, CD-R, or BR-R into the optical drive the system is stalling and then crashing.
    After checking this via Task Manager and Resource Manager the OS Drive, in my case C:\ is maxing out at 100% Disk usage.
    There is no process running as it appears that the OS is trying to read the disk yet after about 10 seconds the system stops responding and eventually system halts and I have to manually restart.

Attempts to Resolve:
    Clean install of Windows 10 Pro - 64Bit
    Different Optical Drive used (all same results)
    Only OS drive and Optical drives activated
    Open writeable disk with Windows only and Nero 2014, both same results.

I have also looked into the registry of windows and drive cache'ing.
    Also, when I burnt last with success it was with Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I've only found 100% disk usage with registry fixes which don't relate to inserting writeable disk causing the 100% usage.

Thanks in advance!

:)

ChaseMCClaine, Jan 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 unable to create recovery disc

Recovery Drive:

Right-click on Start, choose Control Panel.

In search box type in Recovery that should give you an option to create a recovery drive.

Be aware that AFAIK you need a USB stick or external drive to do that - you can't create a Recovery drive on a CDR/DVDR...

Gordon B-P, Jan 11, 2016
  3. rufao Win User
    flash player on 3250

transfer flash files from a pc to what?

its a rather open question, you can email them, put them on a usb key, put them on a cdr, put them on a dvdr etc...

you could also upload them to a website if you needed to, or saved on a network drive

rufao, Jan 11, 2016
Thema:

100% HD Drive Usage when inserting writeable CDR, DVDR

1. 100% HD Drive Usage when inserting writeable CDR, DVDR - Similar Threads - 100% Drive Usage

2. C drive 100% usage and crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive 100% usage and crash: Whenever I’m running an intense game like warzone or rust my computer will freeze and crash. I have had my task manager open before crashes and it shows my c drive spiking to 100% then my computer crashes. The most common bsod I get is Whea_uncorrectable_errorBut recently I...
  3. C drive 100% usage and crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive 100% usage and crash: Whenever I’m running an intense game like warzone or rust my computer will freeze and crash. I have had my task manager open before crashes and it shows my c drive spiking to 100% then my computer crashes. The most common bsod I get is Whea_uncorrectable_errorBut recently I...
  4. C drive 100% usage and crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. 100% Hard Drive Usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% Hard Drive Usage: I did a reset on my laptop and it took more than three hours to finish the reset. And after the reset my hard drive is taking 100% of usage allways. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-hard-drive-usage/ad56032e-8213-4046-a4c5-3c12c0d4c8db
  6. Disk Drive Usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drive Usage at 100%: HI everyone, I just recently built my first PC and it's running great except I'm consistently getting 100% disk drive usage when I start up my computer or start a new application. I didn't notice it until I opened task manager about a week after getting the PC up and running...
  7. 100% disk usage on HD except on safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage on HD except on safe mode: so i recently got a new pc and ive been having a 100% disk usage bug whenever i boot it up or just out of nowhere. I've already tried everything, like disabling superfetch, windows search, antimalware, doing a clean boot but nothing seems to work, except booting up into safe...
  8. My hard drive is at 100% usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My hard drive is at 100% usage: I tried everything online to fix it... i even reinstalled windows. What is causing this to happen? Its not constantly at 100%, but it goes up when i do basically anything, and at startup. Its causing my pc to slow down tremendously. Please help. submitted by...
  9. problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem of 100% usage of Hard Drive: Hello Dear Sir how can i solve this problem can you guide me to fix this problem please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-100-usage-of-hard-drive/3be20a83-290a-4cbd-8f49-7f7264b3fa06
  10. 2nd Drive shows 100% usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2nd Drive shows 100% usage: Hi, I'm a new member and hope you can help me with this problem. Am using Windows 10 64bit with 8 gig of ram , M5A97 R2.0 m/b with Amd FX 6300 six core cpu. 1st drive western digital green 640gb with operation system 2nd drive western digital blue 2gig with tv shows. 3rd...