Windows 10: 100% HDD Usage on Brand New Dell with Windows 10

Discus and support 100% HDD Usage on Brand New Dell with Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HiA brand new Dell Vostro 3500 with a 1TB SATA 7050 Pentium Gold 4GB RAM slows down due to 100% HDD usage problem. No softwares are running. Just plain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by athaly, Jun 20, 2021.

1. athaly Win User

100% HDD Usage on Brand New Dell with Windows 10

HiA brand new Dell Vostro 3500 with a 1TB SATA 7050 Pentium Gold 4GB RAM slows down due to 100% HDD usage problem. No softwares are running. Just plain Win10 and blank screen on start up. No softwares installed. Even after removing One drive etc. All drivers updated on Windows 10 and from dell yet the HDD shows 100% utilization when CPU is just 10 %. RAM usage is 3.0GBIs this a known problem. Regardsathaly

:)

athaly, Jun 20, 2021
  2. Abie_2467 Win User

Disk Usage 100% in DELL , Windows 10

Hello ,

I recently purchased DELL inspiron with 4GB ram , HDD disk .

This pc has been running so slow since the begging , then I observed the disk usage which spins 100% , I cant Animate , open apps quickly , Run visual studio code properly, play high graphic games.

For information I have done almost all the suggested steps from internet , My last hope is Microsoft

I have taken these steps but still my pc had no change

1) disabling Superfetch , search

2) All drivers Updated

3) Set High performance

4) reinstalled Windows (2 times)

5) defragmentation ....etc

Please take this problem seriously this is my 3rd DELL Machine which has the same problem .

I have tried up to 30 steps but still my Disk usage is 100%.

Abie_2467, Jun 20, 2021
  3. 100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install

My HDD keeps spiking to 100% this morning I installed a brand new hdd as the issue was happening on previous HDD. Also a fresh windows 10 pro installation and the issue continues. I'm currently doing another fresh windows install. Hdd sticks around 1-2%
    but little tasks such as chrome or starting a download spike it up to 100% for around 5-10 minutes. Tried a lot of fixes on the net but to no avail

JoeKnowles2, Jun 20, 2021
  4. 100% HDD Usage on Brand New Dell with Windows 10

100% Usage on Secondary HDD

I'm sure that isn't a problem with my HDD. I've just bought this brand new WD 4TB HDD. And on the top of this inquiry, I mentioned that something wired is that the 100% usage jumps between HDDs. It's disk E,F,G this time and it would be disk C,D or H,L next
    time after I restart.(I have 3 Secondary Hdds).

The 100% occurs only when some applications are making use of the disk, such as file copying.

donglinyang, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

100% HDD Usage on Brand New Dell with Windows 10

1. 100% HDD Usage on Brand New Dell with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 100% HDD Usage

2. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  3. HDD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD usage at 100%: My Dell laptop's Hard Drive usage continually shoots up to 100% and can last up to 1 hour before the disk usage drops again. This happens every time work starts and I thought it was because they were updating or scanning Windows Defender, but in the middle of the day it also...
  4. brand new pc with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    brand new pc with 100% disk usage: hey i got this new brand new laptop "i5 10th gen 8gb 1tb hdd " but it has 100% disk usage i thought it was because of the windows update thing but the problem is still there even though i have no app opened and no update running in the backgroundand one thing that i think it...
  5. brand new pc with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    brand new pc with 100% disk usage: hey i got this new brand new laptop "i5 10th gen 8gb 1tb hdd " but it has 100% disk usage i thought it was because of the windows update thing but the problem is still there even though i have no app opened and no update running in the backgroundand one thing that i think it...
  6. brand new pc with 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    brand new pc with 100% disk usage: hey i got this new brand new laptop "i5 10th gen 8gb 1tb hdd " but it has 100% disk usage i thought it was because of the windows update thing but the problem is still there even though i have no app opened and one thing that i think it was the thing that caused it i bought...
  7. 100% disk usage on DELL, Windows 10

100% disk usage on DELL, Windows 10: Hi,I recently bought DELL inspiron with 4GB RAM, HDD disk.This PC has been running so slow from the start, then I observed disk usage spinning 100%, I can't animate, open applications quickly, correctly run Visual Studio code, play high graphics games.I have tried up to...
  8. Disk Usage 100% in DELL , Windows 10

Disk Usage 100% in DELL , Windows 10: Hello , I recently purchased DELL inspiron with 4GB ram , HDD disk . This pc has been running so slow since the begging , then I observed the disk usage which spins 100% , I cant Animate , open apps quickly , Run visual studio code properly, play high graphic games. For...
  9. 100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install

100% disk usage. New hdd and new windows install: My HDD keeps spiking to 100% this morning I installed a brand new hdd as the issue was happening on previous HDD. Also a fresh windows 10 pro installation and the issue continues. I'm currently doing another fresh windows install. Hdd sticks around 1-2% but little tasks such...
  10. 100% CPU Usage constantly on brand new i7 9700K

100% CPU Usage constantly on brand new i7 9700K: Hi there. In the past week my PC has developed the problem of 100% CPU usage constantly. Multiple applications and processes are trying to use the most CPU power, it's not just one. I have reinstalled windows and uninstalled display drivers to reinstall again in the hope of...