Windows 10: 100% High Disk Usage Due To "SysMain Service" Running In Background

Discus and support 100% High Disk Usage Due To "SysMain Service" Running In Background in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am a windows 10 user. From past many months I am facing a issue where whenever I start working my laptop suddenly I face lag and hang issues. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Indibar Dutta, Jan 1, 2020.

1. 100% High Disk Usage Due To "SysMain Service" Running In Background

Hi, I am a windows 10 user. From past many months I am facing a issue where whenever I start working my laptop suddenly I face lag and hang issues. My system just gets hanged for few mins and I can't do anything. When it gets fixed, I go to task manager and see that my disk usage has almost reached its peak 100% and the CPU usage also increases gradually. Even the RAM usage also. And I get to see that SysMain service keeps running in the background and I don't have any control over it. It literally consumes everything and I can't work properly. For this problem to get fixed I have to always restart my laptop. Then only it gets fixed. So do you have any solution for it as to how to reduce the usage or completely stop that service? Please help because I can't work properly and the performance just reduces. Even it consumes most of my internet.

:)

Indibar Dutta, Jan 1, 2020
  2. DTYV Win User

Windows 10 - High Disk Usage - 100%

I am seeing high disk usage, often between 90 and 100%.

I have tried adjusting some settings, some help temporarily but after a restart I have the same high disk usage issue.

• Disable superfetch
    • Disable Windows Search
    • Disable Windows Update
    • Disable Geolocation Services
    • Disable Network Services
    • Manually adjust paging file size for programs and background services
    • Got rid of apps (no chrome, got rid of bloat like Amazon, etc.)
    The main user of disk usage appears to be Service Host Local System 13 and it uses anywhere between .5 and 10 MB.

Below is a snip of the task manager. Computer is Dell Inspiron 15 - 3000 series. 4 GB RAM, 64 bit operating system and AD A4 processor if that helps.

Any ideas on how to resolve the high disk usage issue permanently?

100% High Disk Usage Due To "SysMain Service" Running In Background 5fe3aca9-96e4-4f07-a8e2-c40d4c2b50c7.jpg

DTYV, Jan 1, 2020
  3. hanging due high disk usage

i have using my device since 3moths about from one one month the is hanging much due to high disk usage

and the disk usage is always 99% or 100%

and windows update is getting upto 45% and its failing

Swaroopseemakurti, Jan 1, 2020
  4. 100% High Disk Usage Due To "SysMain Service" Running In Background

Extremely high (100%) Disk Usage - Windows 10

Hello,

From sometime in October, after an update, there have been periods, sometimes intermittent, sometime persisting for a long time, when Disk usage spikes up to 100%, and makes a lot of things unusable.

I did some researching, and disabled a bunch of stuff, like Windows notifications, Windows search, background intelligent transfer and superfetch, even OneDrive, but even on Windows 10 version 1511, Disk usage spikes to 100%, the offending application / service
    being anything from System to memory compression to 3rd party applications...

This is becoming extremely irritating, on certain occasions, the PC has been virtually unusable due to disk usage, and Windows often displays wretched performance.

The PC is a high powered laptop, and the drivers are updated as per latest OEM specifications.

Performing a clean boot did not solve the problem. Sometimes cutting off the internet drops the high usage, but other times, it does not help either. I have run out of ideas on how to solve this issue. Chkdsk and other disk checks do not report any error.

Could anyone suggest a remedy for this? Barring a system reset...it used to work fine before an update in mid - October. Subsequent updates have had no positive results. Even this post took quite some time to type and actually post, because of the disk usage
    spike.

Thanks a lot.

tigrisofgod, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

100% High Disk Usage Due To "SysMain Service" Running In Background

1. 100% High Disk Usage Due To "SysMain Service" Running In Background - Similar Threads - 100% High Disk

2. 100% Disk usage due to System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% Disk usage due to System: As the title mentions, when I check my task manager, it says that 100% of my disk is being used due to some System Processes. It's causing my laptop to be slow and after searching around the internet, I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Would anyone know the definitive...
  3. 100% Disk usage due to System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% Disk usage due to System: As the title mentions, when I check my task manager, it says that 100% of my disk is being used due to some System Processes. It's causing my laptop to be slow and after searching around the internet, I can't seem to find a definitive answer. Would anyone know the definitive...
  4. 100% Disk usage due to System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SysMain Causing 100% Disk Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SysMain Causing 100% Disk Usage: I've a HP Pavilion g6, intel Core i5 3210M with 4GB RAM, and a Seagate Samsung Spinpoint M8 ST500LM012 500GB HDD. Its a 10 year old HDD. Recently, I discovered a option called ReadyBoost. I inserted my SD Card and formatted it to NTFS and used it for ReadyBoost. So far, I...
  6. SysMain 100% Disk Usage

SysMain 100% Disk Usage: is it safe to disable it? submitted by /u/jeccofries [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kro79f/sysmain_100_disk_usage/
  7. Disk usage is often at 100% because of the processes System and SysMain

Disk usage is often at 100% because of the processes System and SysMain: Title says it. Is there anything I can do about it? I'm on an HDD so these processes are often taking up a ton of disk usage and basically freezing the system. It has been happening for a while now, I thought it was a glitch and reinstalled windows but the problem persists....
  8. high/100% disk usage

high/100% disk usage: Ok about a week ago i noticed my pc running slow and Checked task manager seeing 100% disk it will randomly appear And disappear I've already tried many things to fix It but nothing helps does anyone know a sure fix?...
  9. High DISK 100% usage

High DISK 100% usage: Forum Curious to know if I might have a problem(s) or maybe it's just the nature of the beast. At startup the following executables are responsible to 100% disk usage thus slowing down my laptop for anywhere 3 - 14/15 minutes: Service Host: Local System (Network...
  10. 100% disk usage is incorrect and background tasks running wild

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disk usage is incorrect and background tasks running wild: So my C drive (SSD) is acting weird. Task Manager says it's running at 100% but it's only writing 2-5MB/s. The 'writing', as in the pic below is mostly Cortana doing something in Appdata. Before this it was running wild, scanning files with Windows Defender, and System even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. windows 10 freezes while disk is running wild

3. sysmain high disk usage