Windows 10: 100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram

Discus and support 100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have started experiencing low frame rates after installing my new aio. My cpu and gpu will be low usage but my ram will be at 99 or 100 percent and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hamish Norman, Jan 20, 2022.

1. 100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram

I have started experiencing low frame rates after installing my new aio. My cpu and gpu will be low usage but my ram will be at 99 or 100 percent and in task manager it only shows it using 3gb of the 16gb installed in my pc. I have a B450 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.x motherboard and have my ram in the 2nd and 4th slots which is right for dual channel. I also have a 64 bit version of windows. Can someone help me?

:)

Hamish Norman, Jan 20, 2022

2. Windows 10 Using 16GB of Virtual Memory or 100% disk usage

I have 16gb of real ram. Why is Windows 10 requiring soo much virtual memory or I have 100% disk usage?

BryanMarkwell, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Disk Usage 100 Percent

Computer Specs:

CPU: i7-8700k

16GB RAM

Storage: HP EX920 m.2 SSD

Build is a year old

So for the past 3 months I've been having 100 percent disk usage when opening programs, and on startup it will remain 100 percent for quite some time.

I have a build completely identical to this one and its disk usage never jumps above 10 percent. (ever)

I've tried everything including the countless fixes (disabling superfetch etc) and even wiping the drive and reinstalling windows (multiple times).

I guess my question is; if I've reinstalled windows, wiped my drive multiple times and the problem still persists, should I assume that the drive has gone bad?

(I haven't done anything that would warrant a virus).

Thank you for your input

Tryone Darius, Jan 20, 2022
  4. 100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram

Disk Usage 100 Percent

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

[FIX] Windows 10 100 Percent Disk Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram

1. 100 percent memory use when its using only 3gb of 16gb of ram - Similar Threads - 100 percent memory

2. RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM=16GB,USED RAM=2GB,RAM USAGE 50%?: I hope you can understand my problem from the title, but let me explain a bit further.I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but this feels weird.Yes, i've tried to search a solution, but what seems most reasonable is a hardware problem so before i take it to an expert i'd...
  3. 100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram: I have started experiencing low frame rates after installing my new aio. My cpu and gpu will be low usage but my ram will be at 99 or 100 percent and in task manager it only shows it using 7gb of the 16gb installed in my pc. I have a B450 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.x motherboard and...
  4. 100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram: I have started experiencing low frame rates after installing my new aio. My cpu and gpu will be low usage but my ram will be at 99 or 100 percent and in task manager it only shows it using 7gb of the 16gb installed in my pc. I have a B450 AORUS ELITE rev. 1.x motherboard and...
  5. 100 percent memory use when its using only 7gb of 16gb of ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???: Hey everyone. I've decided to make a thread because since a few weeks I have noticed that I crash in games or when I stream It crashes even more often. I have used my laptop for 2.5 years without an issue unyil i decided to upgrade from a 250gb samsung ssd to a 1TB one, also...
  7. In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???

in Windows 10 Support
    In games 3gb ram is 50% memory. But i have 16gb in my laptop???: Hey everyone. I've decided to make a thread because since a few weeks I have noticed that I crash in games or when I stream It crashes even more often. I have used my laptop for 2.5 years without an issue unyil i decided to upgrade from a 250gb samsung ssd to a 1TB one, also...
  8. PC not using all 16GB of Ram.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not using all 16GB of Ram.: [ATTACH] I have 16GB of ram on my PC, but when only using a few GB of ram task manager shows I am using almost half of my RAM. submitted by /u/Waylenwasywas [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/exznru/pc_not_using_all_16gb_of_ram/
  9. Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can i use Windows Memory Diagnostic in 16gb of ram system ?: Can WMD/Memory test used in 16gb of ram computer ? Someone said you should run wmd/memtest if you only have 4gb of ram, if you have more than 4gb you have to use memtest86. Is it true ? I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language 1903 143941
  10. New laptop with 6GB of RAM is only using 3GB

in Windows 10 Support
    New laptop with 6GB of RAM is only using 3GB: My coworker just got a new Windows 10 Dell laptop (64bit with an i5 and 6GB of RAM) and it's running pretty slow. I checked the System Information and it says "Installed Memory (RAM): 6.00GB (3.44GB usable)" Within the Resource Monitor, the Hardware Reserved RAM is...