Windows 10: 100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze

Discus and support 100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC experiences 20 second freezes when running programs, watching videos and doing basic functions that aren't significantly intensive. Resmon shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shohi, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Shohi Win User

100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze

My PC experiences 20 second freezes when running programs, watching videos and doing basic functions that aren't significantly intensive. Resmon shows that the usage of my SSD drops to zero but task manager shows 100% disk usage. I noticed that although the image freezes; when sending messages I cant still type while the freeze is ongoing and messages will still be sent, additionally while in a discord call I can still hear the other person and speak to them. All my programs are installed on the HDD, only the OS is on the SSD. My PC info is below and resmon screen captures are below:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-77E30PI
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU Default string
    Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F2, 08/08/2018
    SMBIOS Version 2.8
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    BaseBoard Product B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI-CF
    BaseBoard Version x.x
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United Kingdom
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17763.1"
    Username DESKTOP-77E30PI\"my user name"
    Time Zone GMT Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory 11.7 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 9.09 GB
    Page File Space 0 bytes
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualisation-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not InstantGo, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected, TPM is not usable
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze 10e7a181-5c37-4632-b253-b85c69a13ce2?upload=true.png 100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze 83586d09-6a05-4fc8-9184-d47031a8ceca?upload=true.png

Things I have tried:

• Disabling show me tips in notifications
    • Disabling superfetch and windows search
    • Disabling defragmentation on the ssd
    • Reducing VRAM on both drives
    • Checking drivers for updates
    • Disabling startup programs
    • Changing the powerplan
    • Checking the SSD firmware
    • Disabling windows update

This PC is newly built, the only parts I had from my old PC are the PSU, case and HDD which have never shown any problems before. The install of windows is also new, it was installed off of a USB stick and activated properly, although there seem to be two volumes on the SSD (volumes 2 and 4), 4 being the one I use.

I would appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

:)

Shohi, Dec 11, 2018

2. win 10 pro and enterprise (x64) hang for 30 sec per min with 100% ssd usage (performance recorded)

Really strange!

Whatever I try to make I get only empty traces.

What I can see:

When my SSD usage goes to 100% there are EXACTLY zero write and read or IO operations, when it finishes there is a small write and read task (read about 2-300kb and write about 20-40kb).

It is always there, just after the 100% usage drops.

I can't switch between apps, I cant type on the keyboard (whatever I type it is lost, does not appears when the usage drops)

These usageas are identical, periodical timing and form looks 95% same for all, as long as I do not make any ssd using task.... there is about 40-60 seconds delay before it starts and after it it comes like 30 sec on, 15-20 sec off..... on, off,.... on, off.

It does NOT effect the CPU or RAM

AdamMajoros, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Keano16SA Win User
    DISK USAGE (first 100%, then 0-20%)

I will check the link you provided with WIKI about this app (actually I already checked it.. but will do again).

I want to add right settings... any chance that you help me with setting up WPRUI.exe so that the results can show us what causing my problems?

I would like to start this app immediately after I boot up... and let it run for 15 minutes

Generally:

• 0-5 mins: 100% disk usage (according to task manager ACTIVE TIME)
    • after that: 0-20% disk usage (according to task manager ACTIVE TIME)

It would be helpful if you tell me which options to turn on in this app.. .considering my problem is the DISK

Keano16SA, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Kobdzio Win User

High/100% Disk Usage on Win 10

I have ASUS ROG so the issue isn't wjtb dell here :/ it's win10. It a very sad and frustrating problem that I think I will have to live with;_;

Kobdzio, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. 100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze - Similar Threads - 100% SSD Usage

2. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  3. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  4. NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze: So my PC has been hard freezing randomly. I checked task manager right before it completely locked up and it shows that my SSD is at 100% usage with 0 transfer rate. This causes a hard freeze about 98% of the time and results in a BSOD MAYBE 2% of the time. I have tried so...
  5. NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze: So my PC has been hard freezing randomly. I checked task manager right before it completely locked up and it shows that my SSD is at 100% usage with 0 transfer rate. This causes a hard freeze about 98% of the time and results in a BSOD MAYBE 2% of the time. I have tried so...
  6. Slow ssd copy paste + freezing + 100% ssd disk usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow ssd copy paste + freezing + 100% ssd disk usage: Hi, I have recently bought a new pc with original windows 10 on it. I have very slow copy paste for large files plus windows getting unresponsive. 50gb file transfer takes 1 hour on SSD while I copy from SSD to HDD it has a transfer speed of 300mb/s. Is something wrong with...
  7. 100% ssd usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% ssd usage: when i start windows i have to wait almost 5 minuted to do anything every program that i open in these 5 minutes is unresponsive, i looked everywhere for a solution but i couldn't find any, all the ones that i found like disabling superfetch didnt work for me, has anyone...
  8. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-and-ssd-usage-spiked-to-100/decd61f2-94c8-4d3a-97c2-c6392efe9f04
  9. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi my name is Kelvin, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. my pc specs is: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 AMD Ryzen 1600x 8gb ram ddr4 2666mhz Gtx 1060 here's my driver: [ATTACH]...
  10. SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds

SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds: Hi, recently I bought a SSD (Kingston SA400S37480G) and installed Windows 10 in it. But, sometimes, the Task Manager shows a 100% usage of it, even though nothing is running or the usage is very low for it to freeze. Then, I have to wait a few seconds for Windows to come...