Windows 10: 100% usage on disk

Discus and support 100% usage on disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Try this: Too High Disk Usage Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit - Microsoft Community Otherwise that hasn't done what I'd hoped. All the significant disk usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by antmann157, Mar 28, 2017.

1. dalchina New Member

100% usage on disk

Try this:
    Too High Disk Usage Windows 8 Pro 64 Bit - Microsoft Community

Otherwise that hasn't done what I'd hoped. All the significant disk usage is shown only against system or svchost.exe.

Another thing that puzzles me is the names occurring in the task manager- which I can't see - the first 3.
    Could you show the full name? I've not seen those before.

At this stage I'm not confident of making much progress- there just seems too much going on.

You can't boot usefully to Safe Mode - is there any chance you can find a way of doing so? Borrow a simple keyboard? Try a USB2 socket?

It would help to do a clean boot. You have a lot installed I think.

dalchina, Mar 31, 2017
  2. dalchina New Member

Just wondering- how many disks do you have in your PC?
    If you look at task manager, Performance, which disks are showing significant activity?

dalchina, Mar 31, 2017
  3. I have one disk and these are the names of the processes

100% usage on disk [​IMG]

I can get another keyboard and do a clean boot.
    Once I do the clean boot I take a screenshot of my task manager or processexplorer?

antmann157, Mar 31, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

100% usage on disk

Ok, it would be good to find a situation when you do not have this problem.
    Currently I would only guess that to be in Safe Mode. Try Safe Mode rather than a clean boot- it's also easer to set up, and more basic.

Now, the names of those processes need research. A couple of them I've never seen before-- if you can find out anything about them- esp. the 4th and 5th - that would be helpful. The first is related to reports of various issues of resource use.

There are quite a few threads about Service Host: Local System on this forum, so you could search it and see if anything helps.

Please also try the suggestion first in my previous post.

Here's another (from this forum):
    Others suggest disabling superfetch.

However, I have the uneasy feeling these are fudges and don't address the real issue.

What is your build number? (Windows key + R, winver)?

I've finally noticed this in my own task manager (scroll down towards the bottom)

I can only imagine this is something introduced more recently- that MS has given different instances of svchost different names, and expanded them like this.

So there's a simpler way to monitor these than Process Explorer.

dalchina, Mar 31, 2017
  5. Sorry for the late response. This is my build number and will do the safe boot later on today

antmann157, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

100% usage on disk

1. 100% usage on disk - Similar Threads - 100% usage disk

2. Disk Usage 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100%: My Disk usage is constantly at 100% I've dealt with this issue in the past by disabling some windows services but i don't recall all of them. Some of which I remember are windows search, windows update, SuperfetchSysMain. The fix that i had used seemed to work but was not...
  3. Disk Usage on 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Usage on 100%: Disk usage stays on 100% on my Windows 10. The computer responses very slow. Tried solutions from google, none works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-on-100/79303ad0-4995-4095-93b4-02b59b92bc6e
  4. 100% Disk Usage

100% Disk Usage: My laptop takes 100% in HDD memory when i have Windows SO, i install previous windows 8 and the problem still going on, i got this specifications: [ATTACH] And my task manager shows this: [ATTACH] thank you for your attention.....
  5. %100 Disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    %100 Disk usage: I have had this issue in the past and tried many different possible solutions but the only fix was to factory reset my PC. The issue recently came back after a year and I can’t seem to fix this issue. This has caused my gaming pc to almost be unusable. Other issues I have...
  6. 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage: I reset my PC and disk usage its still on 100% I have tried everything that is on YouTube or other forums and nothing works. submitted by /u/Witeek13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxbr0g/100_disk_usage/
  7. Disk Usage 100%

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Usage 100%: Hi, My desktop is running on Windows 10. How do I resolve DISK USAGE 100% as shown in Task Manager? It has made my PC unusable. It is too too slow. kf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-100/5a00c0af-4c17-4297-8e60-8f024ae0875a"
  8. Disk 100% usage

Disk 100% usage: [ATTACH] I have 100% disk usage even tought i shouldn't, i can t fix this, someone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-100-usage/bcd0e5ed-46a8-4bfc-a3f2-87f7067e42b1
  9. Disk usage is 100%

Disk usage is 100%: Disk usage is 100% resulting in computer being real slow. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-is-100/f94cae49-632c-4168-8aef-a0480ffe2569
  10. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...