Windows 10: 100% usage on my secondary disk

Discus and support 100% usage on my secondary disk in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been suffering some performance problems with my computer for a while; I've had even some stuttering problems that I couldn't resolve. Now,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrianTT, Sep 17, 2021.

1. BrianTT Win User

100% usage on my secondary disk

Hi, I've been suffering some performance problems with my computer for a while; I've had even some stuttering problems that I couldn't resolve. Now, I've seen that my secondary hard drivve it's always at 100% usage: I've never noticed this because on the processes tab on the task manager I've always seen 50% usage, but if I go to the performance tab I can see that my hard drive not the ssd from which I launch my SO Is always at 100% usage as shown in this picture:I've dissable superfetch but that doesn't resolve anything. I think this may be the cause for some of my issues with my PC, is the

:)

BrianTT, Sep 17, 2021

2. 100% disk usage

The most common cause of 100% disk usage appears to be Superfetch and Prefetch, but there are also other causes. You can try disabling both these features and see if it helps.

This article provides steps to disable prefecth and superfetch:

-
    How to Fix 100% Disk Usage Error in Windows 10

Salman Patwegar, Sep 17, 2021
  3. 100% Usage on Secondary HDD

Secondary HDD sometimes running at 100%. But looking at the I/O page, I cannot see any usage of the secondary Hdd. What's weird is that every time I restart my computer, the 100% usage moves to other secondary Hdds. Such as if disk E,F,H runs at 100%,
    I restart, and maybe dick C will run at 100%. I've tried all the solutions on the internet including modifying the services and closing windows defender. But still didn't work.
    100% usage on my secondary disk e2e15a30-0233-40e8-9939-0597df6407aa.png

100% usage on my secondary disk dd11a1db-e6a0-40e5-9ad2-ef32dab400fc.png

donglinyang, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Jose Est Win User

100% disk usage and memory usage

Hi,

100% disk usage and memory usage can be caused by a software corruption, running application running on the background and malware or virus infection.

For us to properly isolate the issue and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the questions below:

• Did the issue happen after installing the Fall Creators?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Can you send us the screenshot of the Task Manager showing the 100% disk usage and memory usage?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For isolation purposes, please perform a clean boot to see if the same issue will occur. Refer to this
    article for more information on how to perform a clean boot
    in Windows.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

1. 100% usage on my secondary disk - Similar Threads - 100% usage secondary

2. 100% disk usage on secondary drive causing freezing issurs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage on secondary drive causing freezing issurs: I have 4 storage devices being 2 hdd and 2 nvme ssds the issue is with my secondary 2tb nvme drive where it will reach 100% usage as soon as I turn on my pc and start freezing around 10 minutes after I turn it on the freezes then occur every minute or so and last around 10...
  3. 100% disk usage on secondary drive causing freezing issurs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% disk usage on secondary drive causing freezing issurs: I have 4 storage devices being 2 hdd and 2 nvme ssds the issue is with my secondary 2tb nvme drive where it will reach 100% usage as soon as I turn on my pc and start freezing around 10 minutes after I turn it on the freezes then occur every minute or so and last around 10...
  4. Disk Usage 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Usage 100%: My Disk usage is constantly at 100% I've dealt with this issue in the past by disabling some windows services but i don't recall all of them. Some of which I remember are windows search, windows update, SuperfetchSysMain. The fix that i had used seemed to work but was not...
  5. Disk Usage on 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Usage on 100%: Disk usage stays on 100% on my Windows 10. The computer responses very slow. Tried solutions from google, none works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-on-100/79303ad0-4995-4095-93b4-02b59b92bc6e
  6. 100% Disk Usage

100% Disk Usage: My laptop takes 100% in HDD memory when i have Windows SO, i install previous windows 8 and the problem still going on, i got this specifications: [ATTACH] And my task manager shows this: [ATTACH] thank you for your attention.....
  7. 100% Disk Usage on Secondary Steam Games SSD

100% Disk Usage on Secondary Steam Games SSD: I have had a strange problem for over a month now and have made lots of different attempts to fix it. When starting my computer one of my SSDs runs at 100% usage slowing down the entire computer, especially file explorer even though it only has a steam library on it. I...
  8. 100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage: I reset my PC and disk usage its still on 100% I have tried everything that is on YouTube or other forums and nothing works. submitted by /u/Witeek13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxbr0g/100_disk_usage/
  9. Disk usage is 100%

Disk usage is 100%: Disk usage is 100% resulting in computer being real slow. How do I fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-usage-is-100/f94cae49-632c-4168-8aef-a0480ffe2569
  10. 100% disk usage

100% disk usage: i am using i7-7700hq processor laptop but still my laptop was loading slowly.when i checked my task manager it shows me my disk usage is 100%. so anybody help me to solve this problem...