Windows 10: 10074 Did Not Pickup My Apps and Files from Windows 7

Discus and support 10074 Did Not Pickup My Apps and Files from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Back when I installed 9926, I had the opportunity do have it pick up all my apps and files from Win 7 when I installed it from an ISO flash drive. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Apr 28, 2015.

1. JJG10 Win User

10074 Did Not Pickup My Apps and Files from Windows 7

Back when I installed 9926, I had the opportunity do have it pick up all my apps and files from Win 7 when I installed it from an ISO flash drive. It did so just wonderfully and as I went through 10061 via the Windows Update route and each time all those apps and files were still in place. I was one happy camper.

I just downloaded the esd for 10074, made an iso file and ran it on 10061. I did not offer me the opportunity to keep my apps and folders. I can easily restore an 10061 Paragon image if there is a chance the 10074 iso will offer the 'keep my apps and files' choice. Can that be done? I really am in no position to reinstall every thing under 10074 and any subsequent builds including the RTM.

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Apr 28, 2015

2. password expiring notice

Todd-S-88 reply was helpful! I found out that only Windows 10 Pro comes with the Local Group Policy Editor! I download the gpedit.msc file and I was unable to open it on my desktop! I will contact Microsoft to see if this app is available for Windows 10
    Home 10074! Microsoft did not include this file with the Windows 10 Home upgrades!

WilliamAndersonUB, Apr 28, 2015
  3. went to win 10 from win 7 and my notepad did not copy correct

I had many entrys in version 7 windows notepad

when I converted to windows 10 it only copied 2 members

MichaelNeason, Apr 28, 2015
  4. Winuser Win User

I did a upgrade with the ISO from within Build 10061 and was given the option to keep everything. So far everything is working OK.

Winuser, Apr 29, 2015
  5. JJG10 Win User
    Thank you.

I will restore 10061 and then run the ISO and see if it picks the stuff up. One thing for sure is that it didn't do it from Win 7. I hope the RTM, or what ever the final version is called, will allow me to upgrade from Win 7 as the 9926 ISO did.

If it doesn't do it then it is a deal breaker for me until I absolutely have to make the switch for some reason.

Thanks again.

JJG10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 10074 Did Not Pickup My Apps and Files from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - 10074 Did Pickup

2. Add Drag And Drop Files from Taskbar Like Windows 7 did.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Drag And Drop Files from Taskbar Like Windows 7 did.: Please, Add Drag And Drop from Taskbar start menu Like Windows 7. Why did you remove that? Even windows 10 lacks it... It is so useful to speed up editing process in many apps. Like i search an audio from the search bar of the taskbar and i can drag and drop it to my needs....
  3. Add Drag And Drop Files from Taskbar Like Windows 7 did.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Drag And Drop Files from Taskbar Like Windows 7 did.: Please, Add Drag And Drop from Taskbar start menu Like Windows 7. Why did you remove that? Even windows 10 lacks it... It is so useful to speed up editing process in many apps. Like i search an audio from the search bar of the taskbar and i can drag and drop it to my needs....
  4. Filter fan buzz from microphone pickup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Filter fan buzz from microphone pickup: Hi, my laptop's fan is creating a very annoying sound that my microphone is picking up and passing on to the people I talk to. Is there a way to filter this frequency so that my outgoing audio signal is free of this sound? Thanks! submitted by /u/MegaMegaSuper [link]...
  5. Build 10074 Mail App emojis gone?

in Browsers and Email
    Build 10074 Mail App emojis gone?: I updated to build 10074 today and noticed that along with the redesigned mail app that the emojis have seemed to disappear? I am not sure if they changed this or if this is an individual problem. This was also not mentioned in the changelog. Thanks 5771
  6. Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add POP3 Account to Mail App in 10074: I may be trying to do something impssible but when I try to add any one of several pop3 accounts I have with Cox.net I am told by the Mail App "I couldn't find info for that account." I tried doing this by opening the Mail App,Add Account, Other Account and then entering the...
  7. Mail app broken in 10074

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app broken in 10074: First old messages disappeared. Now the mail account disappeared. Nothing in settings under account lets me try and add an account. I can use the web version of live.com so I still get mail, but can anyone tell me how to fix this? Neal Van Eck 5883
  8. upgrading from win 10 10074 to 10135

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrading from win 10 10074 to 10135: Where can I find the upgrade (or update) from win 10 10074 to win 10 10135? 6832
  9. No apps in Build 10074

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No apps in Build 10074: Hi. Was trying to access Mail in Windows 10. But it's nowhere to be found. The Apps say (empty). What happened? I went to the store. I installed it. But it still says the apps are empty. What can be done? I tried different things, like wsreset. Takes me back to the store....
  10. 10074

in Windows 10 Support
    10074: Hi. I have just installed 10074. Is that the latest preview. Thanks 6418