Windows 10: 10074 Installation Feedback: Immediate Correction Must Be Applied

Discus and support 10074 Installation Feedback: Immediate Correction Must Be Applied in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Thank you for let me in free! I'm back home after 4 years on Linux. Shift with them on the arrival of Win8 for 2 reasons that are still there: will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeMecanic, May 16, 2015.

1. 10074 Installation Feedback: Immediate Correction Must Be Applied

Thank you for let me in free! I'm back home after 4 years on Linux. Shift with them on the arrival of Win8 for 2 reasons that are still there: will discuss them later. Test many Beta and Candidate Release from Win95 up to Win7 (no one test Millennium I guess).

My first impression: beautiful desktop environment (I recognize rapidly the imagination and creativity of Windows new versions setup) but many usefulness stuff. Must say that I'm pretty rusty in Windows environment...

Wish to start with installation that was a long journey. Was on Ubuntu 15.04 Final Release and mkusb allow me to built an iso image but was never able to boot-up from. The amount of files was the same on the DVD installer.

Shortly, the main problem that I got, It took me 4 attempts to reach the end of installation process: IT IS NOT WRITTEN ANYWHERE AT ANY TIME THAT THE INSTALLATION WILL RESTART FREQUENTLY AND THAT WE MUST LEAVE THE MEDIA OF INSTALLATION UNTIL THE END. A phrase like that one should be add: the system will restart a few times, please leave the (media) DVD or the Flashdrive IN until it's written done or ask to do so.

I had the impression that installer was block on 2 occasions and it wasn't the case. Plus, I thought that the installation was over and I eject the DVD: nightmare, a real McCoy one. Reinstall Ubuntu twice... try to download another version on Pirate Bay but Ubuntu wouldn't allow me to do so, yes I when there and I don't believe that such basic error can be seen in 2015.

The installer did not allow me to remain on LVM partitioning mode. Lost the fastest bootable partition that I ever run (255MB with a 4.2GB SWAP partition). Lost also HD quality minimum seting 1920 x 1080: Looks like wrong graphics drivers. Running 10074 alone. It's stable but not that quite, some time the HDD is noisy indicating saturation or too heavy load in some places.

Regards,

:)

MikeMecanic, May 16, 2015

2. I Must Be Stupid!

Hi,

Don't be scared as no one here even knows who or where you are.

To ask a question in a Technical Forum select the proper one here :

Microsoft Community - Forums

Microsoft Community

Please provide all the information we need to help us help you.

How to ask a question

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

--------------------------

If you need real time help then you will need to choose another support option.

Call Microsoft Customer Service direct - 1-800-642-7676 - hours 5 AM

til 9 PM PST time (USA) - Saturday and Sunday, 6:00 AM – 3:00 PM

PST time (USA). In Canada, call (877)568-2495.

Contact Microsoft Customer Service

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/295539

Microsoft Support - Contact Us

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support#tab0

Windows - Help & Support <- all versions (see "Trending Topic")

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/support#1TC=windows-10

Windows 10 - Search Support

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/newsearch/result.aspx?q=windows 10

Windows 8.1 - Categories

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-help#windows=windows-8

Windows 8 - How-to

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-8

Windows 7 - Categories

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/support#1TC=windows-7

Answer Desk

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

Disability Answer Desk

Accessibility Disability Answer Desk | Microsoft

For anyone outside the USA they would need to contact Microsoft Support

and/or Customer Service for the Country/Region they live in.

Global Customer Service Phone Numbers

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/13948/global-customer-service-phone-numbers

Microsoft office locations around the world (& Phone numbers)

Microsoft Worldwide Sites

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rob Brown -
    Microsoft MVP
    <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

SpiritX MS MVP, May 16, 2015
  3. I Must Be Stupid!

I am soo Totally Lost. Am Now Scared to Ask A Question or Comment about a Problem, and I don't need your sympathy!!

RobinS.Hall, May 16, 2015
  4. 10074 Installation Feedback: Immediate Correction Must Be Applied

Modified this: Lost also HD quality minimum seting 1920 x 1080: Looks like wrong graphics drivers. Running 10074 alone. It's stable but not that quite, some time the HDD is noisy, indicating saturation or too heavy load in some places.

MikeMecanic, May 17, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    Now that you've run the gauntlet, Mike, next time should be a breeze. *Smile

Although it may be easy to miss, there is a message close to the beginning of installation that says something like, "Your computer will restart several times" during the installation.

I've clean installed Windows 10 several times and it gets easier each time. Here's a link to the tutorial written by Shawn (Brink) that may make it a bit easier on you. Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Since you did have such a hard time with installation (Amazing that it installed at all, eh? Talking from experience; did the same thing), I would suggest reinstalling to iron out anything that didn't install correctly.

Good luck!

Wynona, May 17, 2015
  6. I wish to add that the installation was perfect. It's just the fact that it's a 3.6GB installation and it takes time, lots of time. Was running Ubuntu and happy to run Win10 alone. There's no mention at any time saying to leave the installer there, while it should. When to see the link. I succeed doing so. Thanks for the advices.
    Regards,

7. Wynona Win User
    Mike, I'm guessing that you didn't "update" to Windows 10 from another Windows OS.

When setting up the installatiion, did you format the hard drive or just let it install over Linux?

I'm trying to figure out why it took such a long time for your install. Mine have always taken around 30 minutes or so, which is nothing compared to the length of time it used to take for Windows.

FWIW, although it's not necessary to format the hard drive, I always do as a matter of course.

Wynona, May 17, 2015
  8. 10074 Installation Feedback: Immediate Correction Must Be Applied

In deed was running Linux. It's about the time it took. Yes! The installer ask me to format the HDD and I had no choice to do so. I wanted to run it alone anyway. The 4 hours issue is just related to a lack of information during the installation.
    All the best,

9. Wynona Win User
    OK, I hate to keep bugging you, but when you click the little window at the bottom left corner, there's a tile showing a person with the "talking" balloon beside his head. That's Windows Feedback. Click on that and tell Microsoft what you think about the lack of information during installation. Don't mince words because that's what it's there for.

Wynona, May 17, 2015
  10. I just install Intel Driver Update Utility and was able to update the graphic card. But was not able to update the chipset: failed.
    The visual rendering is now back to normal and for the better. The Chipset issue is less important for me.

MikeMecanic, May 18, 2015
  11. When back in Intel Driver Update Utility and there is nothing wrong there because I have the built in driver: the 10074 one. That"s why it was mention failed. It seems to be the case for many drivers....

MikeMecanic, May 18, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    My guess is that drivers may be an issue for some time to come. Drivers are written by companies that make particular piece of hardware and presented to MS, Some HW manufacturers are notoriously lazy to write new drivers for new windows and some even abandon their legacy products. If you find drivers for Win 8.1, don't hesitate to use them, you should be just fine with them. I found that even some drivers for Win7 work just fine on 8/8.1 and W 10.
    Also, most drivers installed with the system and updated thru MS windows updates are just pretty basic without programs for setting them right. Notable exemption as of late are drivers for Realtek audio which comes with it's control panel.

CountMike, May 18, 2015
  13. 10074 Installation Feedback: Immediate Correction Must Be Applied

Drivers were always an issue with Beta and Candidate Release in the pass 20 years. I'm running a quite and stable machine and I wont change them. I don't think that Intel is a lazy company same apply for HP. Intel was among the 2 criteria (graphics and chipset) when I choose that computer: I got 3 in one and the mobo seems to be indestructible because I installed Linus O/S more then 30 times (10.LTS up to 15.10). The other one was a noise free desktop: fans and HDD. It was the case for the pass for 4 years under Linux. It seems to be back to normal now and I'm extremely satisfied running 10074 release and among all on a free invitation.

Was happy and satisfied to find out that Intel supports Win Ten. The main problem that I was facing is that on the Linux- Windows switch, my visual rendering downgrade: Under Linux my HD monitor was set to default: 1980 x 1024 without any possibility to downgrade the resolution. When you taste ounce HD quality you don't feel to downgrade to default Win 10 setup. Further more, you avoid regular flash streaming and seek 1080p or 720p web sites.

All the best,

MikeMecanic, May 19, 2015
  14. CountMike New Member
    We'll see what happens when DirectX 12 comes into play in full. A lot of it depends on SW and game developers, they will have to make some big changes and push MS and HW makers to comply. There's simply no way to implement all of that without some good and timely cooperation between all of them.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

10074 Installation Feedback: Immediate Correction Must Be Applied

1. 10074 Installation Feedback: Immediate Correction Must Be Applied - Similar Threads - 10074 Installation Feedback

2. GPO-setting "settings visibility page" not applying correctly anymore after installation of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPO-setting "settings visibility page" not applying correctly anymore after installation of...: The installation of KB5031354 OS Build 22621.2428 causes a malfunction of the GPO-setting "settings visibility page". The value of the GPO-setting is filled with settings that are accessible for our domain users :...
  3. GPO-setting "settings visibility page" not applying correctly anymore after installation of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPO-setting "settings visibility page" not applying correctly anymore after installation of...: The installation of KB5031354 OS Build 22621.2428 causes a malfunction of the GPO-setting "settings visibility page". The value of the GPO-setting is filled with settings that are accessible for our domain users :...
  4. RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially

in Windows 10 Customization
    RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially: I have a large app for which we are waiting to configure DPI scaling. Currently, when we launch our app via RemoteApp (RDP,) the text and controls overlap. As a work around for our customers with high DPI displays, we found the best solution is to set...
  5. automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes"

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic restart on "you must restart your computer to apply these changes": is there a registry key that allows an automatic reboot on this windows message ? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-restart-on-you-must-restart-your/08212996-16b4-44ce-944e-04dcd9679e26
  6. No apps in Build 10074

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No apps in Build 10074: Hi. Was trying to access Mail in Windows 10. But it's nowhere to be found. The Apps say (empty). What happened? I went to the store. I installed it. But it still says the apps are empty. What can be done? I tried different things, like wsreset. Takes me back to the store....
  7. New install of build 10074 failed: system_thread_exception_not_handled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New install of build 10074 failed: system_thread_exception_not_handled: I was running 10049 on my laptop as a KVM guest. I hadn't gotten to see Spartan/Edge, so I wanted to upgrade. Windows update failed to install 10074, so I figured I'd just download the iso and install on a new VM. Unfortunately, I get the error...
  8. fbl_impressive Professional 10074 Will NOT Instal - Error 0x80200068

fbl_impressive Professional 10074 Will NOT Instal - Error 0x80200068: fbl_impressive Professional 10074 Will NOT Install - Error 0x80200068 5773
  9. Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c

Installation of Build 10074 on Compaq 110c: I recently decided to sacrifice the OEM XP on this mini laptop and found it quite easy and relatively successful except for some minor hiccups: 1. The video controller driver appears to be missing so I don't get the Start screen nor the Charms. On the Intel downloads site I...
  10. 10074

in Windows 10 Support
    10074: Hi. I have just installed 10074. Is that the latest preview. Thanks 6418