Windows 10: 100mbs cap

Discus and support 100mbs cap in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my router is capable of pushing 300mbs download and 100mbs upload. i've had my computer for a couple of years now and this has been bugging me forever.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yummyshampoo, Sep 19, 2020.

1. 100mbs cap

my router is capable of pushing 300mbs download and 100mbs upload. i've had my computer for a couple of years now and this has been bugging me forever. when checking the ethernet cable's properties on windows 10, it shows its capped at 100mpbs, i tried unplugging and replugging the cable many times, ensuring windows is up to date and using the trouble shooter. i am pretty tech savvy abut i can't figure this out for the life of me. i've tried using the same cable on another device and it pushes the speeds no problems, i also used a usb-c to ethernet adapter on my computer and the issue still prevailed. if anyone at all knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

specs: 2070, i5 8400, 16gb ddr4 3200mhz, msi z390 gaming pro carbon

submitted by /u/yummyshampoo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yummyshampoo, Sep 19, 2020
  2. SamElad Win User

Cat killed my CAP LOCK Beep sound :-(

I've done the steps listed here before joining this forum. None of these work.
    but I do have it setup now to flash the window if I press the caps.
    I may just try the restore option and roll back drivers,,,

SamElad, Sep 19, 2020
  3. windows 10 .HOW DO I GET ON SCREEN CAPS NOTIFCATION?

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Are you referring to Caps Lock Notifications?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key

• Type Settings

• Click on Ease of
      access

• Select Hear a tone When you press Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock status as
      ON
    I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Sep 19, 2020
  4. RSJ25 Win User

100mbs cap

windows 10 .HOW DO I GET ON SCREEN CAPS NOTIFCATION?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key

• Type Settings

• Click on Ease of
      access

• Select Hear a tone When you press Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock status as
      ON
    Hi!

Ok,, so you hear a tone. Fine. But what about people who are hard of hearing?

I am, thankfully not hard of hearing, but I usually keep my speaker muted when I am working.

I think it extremely thoughtless of Microsoft to have removed the Caps Lockon screen indicator available in Windows 7.

Another example of lack of understanding that we are not all the same and do not work in exactly the same way.

Get with it Microsoft. Show some consideration.

Thank you for listening, but I am one angry user of Windows 10!

RSJ25, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

100mbs cap

1. 100mbs cap - Similar Threads - 100mbs cap

2. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  3. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  4. Turn off caps lock notification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off caps lock notification: My computer spontaneously enabled the notification for turning on/off caps lock a few days ago. I can't figure out how to turn it off- I've already looked through previous posts, but they all direct me to select settings and options that don't exist for me. I have an HP Envy...
  5. Turn off caps lock notification

Turn off caps lock notification: My computer spontaneously enabled the notification for turning on/off caps lock a few days ago. I can't figure out how to turn it off- I've already looked through previous posts, but they all direct me to select settings and options that don't exist for me. I have an HP Envy...
  6. Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10: Hi All,I have a big problem at the moment with my ethernet. It's stuck at 100Mbs when the adapter properties on speed and duplex are set at 1000Mbs. I have changed the cable and checked with another laptop that is also running windows 10 and that connects fine at 1000Mbs. I'm...
  7. Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10

Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10: Hi All,I have a big problem at the moment with my ethernet. It's stuck at 100Mbs when the adapter properties on speed and duplex are set at 1000Mbs. I have changed the cable and checked with another laptop that is also running windows 10 and that connects fine at 1000Mbs. I'm...
  8. Why is my LAN connection stuck at 100/100Mbs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Internet speed limited to 100mbs

Internet speed limited to 100mbs: Hi! I recently upgraded my internet to 1 GB/s but my PC won't handle more than 100mbs. I tried changing my internet adapter settings to 1GB Full Duplex but the status still shows 100mbs. I couldn't change that setting. So I disabled Windows firewall and this time I managed to...
  10. Marvell 88E8056 seems stuck at 100mbs

Marvell 88E8056 seems stuck at 100mbs: Been playing with my new install of 10 pro and this network adapter built into my P6T Deluxe claims to be connected at 1 gig, however actual speed appears to be 100mbs full duplex, plus it moves in chunks and stops a lot. I'm trying to transfer and video edit things from my...