Windows 10: 10130: Task Bar Problems and other issues

Discus and support 10130: Task Bar Problems and other issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Install it 2 days ago and I encountered many problems. 1) The task bar is fully unstable, no search bar (an arrow instead), time and date is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MikeMecanic, Jun 20, 2015.

1. 10130: Task Bar Problems and other issues

Install it 2 days ago and I encountered many problems.

1) The task bar is fully unstable, no search bar (an arrow instead), time and date is not showing the time correctly (it was set default to pacific time and I set it manually: -5 Canada), the keyboard icon is not shown (set 2 languages), the window icon is not showing the content (work on right click only) and to shutdown I have to press CTRL+ALT+DELETE.
    2) The boot up sequence seems to be too long: AVG is telling me that because of them it should be faster
    3) Lock screen is working only with the mouse, not able to exit with the keyboard or escape. Same apply for the password
    4) Many web radio are not working: Mute on Opera 30.0 or on Internet Explorer
    CBC Music

La Radio | NOVAPLANET

:)

MikeMecanic, Jun 20, 2015

2. Task bar and Notification Bar Issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• After changing the Settings, was taskbar working fine?

• Did you see any error message or error code on the screen?

I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Perform a sfc scan on the computer to check if there are any corruptions on the computer. Please follow the below link to perform a sfc scan on the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Method 2: The issue could occur if there is any third party conflicts on the computer.

I suggest you to place the computer in a Clean Boot and check if it helps.

To know how to place the computer in Clean Boot I suggest you to follow the below link.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Reset the computer back to Normal Mode once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 20, 2015
  3. nvcjensen Win User
    Task bar and Notification Bar Issues

I have set my task bar to Hide when not in use. Something happened and now the task bar is double row height and always shows. The notification bar is triple height and narrower. How can I get back to the single row of icons in my task bar and a wider
    notification bar?

nvcjensen, Jun 20, 2015
  4. 10130: Task Bar Problems and other issues

Firt thing I would do is uninstall AVG - it's not quite ready for Win10. Use MS Defender until RTM.

Date / Time - yep same here. Install sets it to Redmond time. Change it to your zone (Canada -5) and then sync with Internet time.

Search -> try right clicking the Taskbar and select the search option (disabled, icon, box) that you want. The options in 147 are Hidden / Show icon.

Keyboard -> same thing as search, except select Show touch keyboard

Start - yep, it's finicky in 130 ... works when it wants to work. Launch All Settings from the Notifications and Action Center, open Personalization > Start
    then toggle the switches until Start opens - it might take a few on / off toggles. I just throw one switch and test to see if Start opens, if not I'll throw another switch and test again - Start eventually opens. This issue might happen a few times until Windows settles down and there aren't many changes to Start (icon placement, pin-to-start, icon resize....)

I'm not sure about the lockscreen or web radio issues. See if uninstalling AVG helps in those areas. You might have to do some maintenance such as System File Checker (SFC) and Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
    See the following tutorials, scroll down to the OPTION listed below.

OPTION THREE SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 in:
    SFC Command

OPTION ONE Run "DISM /Cleanup-Image" tool in an Elevated Command Prompt:
    DISM - Fixing Component Store Corruption

Slartybart, Jun 20, 2015
Thema:

10130: Task Bar Problems and other issues

1. 10130: Task Bar Problems and other issues - Similar Threads - 10130 Task Bar

2. Issue with the task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the task bar: After the recent update I started having issues with my task bar, the start button icons are not opening right clicking the app won't work as well. I check the updates and I'm up to date. This happened before and fixed on it's owits own but now I need to have this fixed right...
  3. Issue with the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with the task bar: After the recent update I started having issues with my task bar, the start button icons are not opening right clicking the app won't work as well. I check the updates and I'm up to date. This happened before and fixed on it's owits own but now I need to have this fixed right...
  4. Issue with the task bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Task bar issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar issue: Even when my system is up to date I am still having issues with the taskbar not responding each time I bring my mouse curser to the bottom of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-issue/408da613-756b-4f1d-8e7f-1ed553495635
  6. Task bar issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar issue: Even when my system is up to date I am still having issues with the taskbar not responding each time I bring my mouse curser to the bottom of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-issue/408da613-756b-4f1d-8e7f-1ed553495635
  7. Problem on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem on task bar: Why i can't click on any on task bar and the that i placed on the taskbar was not there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-on-task-bar/feb38ff2-cbb2-497c-bfac-c6210b98e911
  8. TASK BAR ISSUE

in Windows 10 Customization
    TASK BAR ISSUE: IN TASK BAR WHEN POWER ICON IS ON THEN TOO ITS NOT VISIBLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-issue/4f8e3552-d8c9-47d9-9265-af7c0b7fbc6c
  9. Task bar issue

in Cortana
    Task bar issue: My task bar will not allow me to search. At times i cannot type in my search or if it lets me it will let me type 2 letters before going black. Other times it appears to be wanting to start up a circle with a partial blue illumination on it. It is frustrating as i have...
  10. Task Bar Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar Issues: Its hard to explain the issue I am having, but essentially the task bar is twice its normal height. The icons on it that represent applications I have open reside near the top, leaving blank space at the bottom. I have tried to restart the computer, play with taskbar...