1013X PC freezes when idle

Discus and support 1013X PC freezes when idle in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; See my system description. One possibly critical thing that isn't listed: my boot drive is an Intel 750 NVME add-in device, with the most recent NVME... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobkn, Jun 12, 2015.

1. bobkn Win User

See my system description. One possibly critical thing that isn't listed: my boot drive is an Intel 750 NVME add-in device, with the most recent NVME drivers installed. (They don't officially support Win 10, I believe.)

Under 10130 X64, the PC would freeze at random times. That includes times when no applications were open. The screen would freeze, and the PC wouldn't respond to the reset button. (Had to shut the machine down with the power switch.) I believe that a fan (probably the CPU fan) speeds up audibly.

I tried 10134 and 10135 as well, all clean installs. No difference.

Also: under 10135, attempting to do a restart usually fails. The restart screen comes up, but the animation runs longer than my patience. It doesn't fail every time. I doubt that this is connected with the above problem, but I don't know that it is not.

On some shutdowns, I've gotten a delay because of some battery related software. Odd, as it's a desktop system: no battery.

Any suggestions? I may have to go back to 8.1, if I can't get a more stable OS situation. No great loss, but it'd cut into my nerd cred.

:)

bobkn, Jun 12, 2015
  2. mayank deshpande Win User

pc freezes when left idle

The pc freezes when left idle. Even the mouse wouldn't move. Looked at event viewer, nothing looks abnormal in it. It's definitely not hard drive because I recently replaced it with a new one. Does anyone have a solution to this?

mayank deshpande, Jun 12, 2015
  3. mayank deshpande Win User
    pc freezes when left idle

tried chkdisk. came out clean

mayank deshpande, Jun 12, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

6 hours, 25 views, zero comments.

I guess this ain't the right forum to request troubleshooting suggestions. C'est tres triste.

bobkn, Jun 12, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Maybe not, but I'm willing to bet you won't find another forum with this many dedicated and knowledgeable volunteers!
    This product isn't even released yet, we haven't got everything figured out! (yet) *Wink
    It's a work in progress, and so are the issues that come along with it.
    Somebody will come along with some suggestions sooner or later.
    Or, MS will drop a new Build and your troubles may be over! *Smile

Edwin, Jun 12, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Yeah. I've played with beta versions of Windows before, back through Win 7, or maybe Vista. Not that I ever knew much about what I was doing; I'm no software developer.

Fingers crossed that a new build is released (or leaks) soon that is closer to GA quality.

I admit that the "Windows 10 sucks!" "Does not!" "Does too" sort of threads, I can live without.

bobkn, Jun 12, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    First let Microsoft know you are having difficulties. They can only fix issues they know about!

I'd hazard a guess that there are problems with the chipset drivers which are in charge of many of the power features.

Go to your motherboard manufacturer and see if they have an update for Windows 8.1 etc.

Failing that, try the 32-bit Windows 10 version, and see if the problem persists, and let us know how you get on.

Perhaps the next release will fix things.

Fafhrd, Jun 12, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

The chipset drivers that I'm using are the latest from Intel. (No official Win 10 support.) The graphics drivers are the nVidia WHQL ones for Win 10.

The X86 version? Might be an interesting experiment, but not the best use of 32GB of DDR4.

I hoped for a Registry mod or some other work-around, but I didn't expect one. I haven't sent feedback to MS. I could, but I might have to go back to 10130, rather than admitting to piracy.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1013X PC freezes when idle - Similar Threads - 1013X freezes idle

1. Multiple Windows 10 issues (Hard freeze/Event logs)

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Windows 10 issues (Hard freeze/Event logs): Hi I've been having issues with my laptop A lenovo ideapad 320. I've had it one month. I started experiencing hard freezes. Where everything would stop the mouse and keyboard would be frozen resulting in me having to just hold the power button and restart it. I clean...
  2. After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1803 update, from cursor drag select jump bug to freeze.: Previously had this issue: Drag selection cursor jumps down right after 1709 16922 update. After 1709 update, when trying to drag select files, cursor would jump to the screen end. Now just updated to 1803, first thing wanted to check if this bug is fixed. It is fixed, I can...
  3. Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes: As the title says, I've had this issue since around 1st the June now when a Windows update came out. What happens is that seemingly regardless if I have controllers plugged in or not, and if it's plugged in, it doesn't matter what kind of controller I plug in, the Game...
  4. Full pc freeze when playing overwatch. Error with Wdf01000.sys ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Full pc freeze when playing overwatch. Error with Wdf01000.sys ?: Hi All, This is actually the first time that i have a pc issue that i am not able to resolve. I'm a dedicated Overwatch competitive player and i am having random crashes while playing the game. my system: - Windows 10 64bit - I7 6700k - 16 Gig memory - GTX 1070 - 2x 250g...
  5. PC Freezing when gaming - Faulty PSU or MOBO

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Freezing when gaming - Faulty PSU or MOBO: Hello guys, my pc 4 years old and self build ( i didnt change any part after build it). When i try to play games my pc freezing with buzzing sound and forces me to close it. If i close my pc and try to open it again sometimes i can do it by 1-2 try but sometimes it took...
  6. PC Freezing - Faulty PSU or MOBO

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Freezing - Faulty PSU or MOBO: Hello guys, my pc 4 years old and self build ( i didnt change any part after build it). When i try to play games my pc freezing with buzzing sound and forces me to close it. If i close my pc and try to open it again sometimes i can do it by 1-2 try but sometimes it took...
  7. PC freezes randomly after few mins and sometimes with beeping sound

in Windows 10 Support
    PC freezes randomly after few mins and sometimes with beeping sound: Hello, my name is Martin and I come from Croatia. SPECS: GPU: RX 460 4GB CPU: AMD FX 6350 MOBO: AsRock 970 Pro3 RAM: Vengance Ram 16GB (1 stick holds 8gb of DDR3 Ram) CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Evo 212 Power Supply: Akyga 600W OS: WIndows 10 64bit I do have 3 PC Case fans,...
1013X PC freezes when idle solved