1013X PC freezes when idle

Discus and support 1013X PC freezes when idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; See my system description. One possibly critical thing that isn't listed: my boot drive is an Intel 750 NVME add-in device, with the most recent NVME... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobkn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. bobkn Win User

See my system description. One possibly critical thing that isn't listed: my boot drive is an Intel 750 NVME add-in device, with the most recent NVME drivers installed. (They don't officially support Win 10, I believe.)

Under 10130 X64, the PC would freeze at random times. That includes times when no applications were open. The screen would freeze, and the PC wouldn't respond to the reset button. (Had to shut the machine down with the power switch.) I believe that a fan (probably the CPU fan) speeds up audibly.

I tried 10134 and 10135 as well, all clean installs. No difference.

Also: under 10135, attempting to do a restart usually fails. The restart screen comes up, but the animation runs longer than my patience. It doesn't fail every time. I doubt that this is connected with the above problem, but I don't know that it is not.

On some shutdowns, I've gotten a delay because of some battery related software. Odd, as it's a desktop system: no battery.

Any suggestions? I may have to go back to 8.1, if I can't get a more stable OS situation. No great loss, but it'd cut into my nerd cred.

:)

bobkn, Jun 11, 2015
  2. mayank deshpande Win User

pc freezes when left idle

The pc freezes when left idle. Even the mouse wouldn't move. Looked at event viewer, nothing looks abnormal in it. It's definitely not hard drive because I recently replaced it with a new one. Does anyone have a solution to this?

mayank deshpande, Jun 11, 2015
  3. mayank deshpande Win User
    pc freezes when left idle

tried chkdisk. came out clean

mayank deshpande, Jun 11, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

6 hours, 25 views, zero comments.

I guess this ain't the right forum to request troubleshooting suggestions. C'est tres triste.

bobkn, Jun 12, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Maybe not, but I'm willing to bet you won't find another forum with this many dedicated and knowledgeable volunteers!
    This product isn't even released yet, we haven't got everything figured out! (yet) *Wink
    It's a work in progress, and so are the issues that come along with it.
    Somebody will come along with some suggestions sooner or later.
    Or, MS will drop a new Build and your troubles may be over! *Smile

Edwin, Jun 12, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Yeah. I've played with beta versions of Windows before, back through Win 7, or maybe Vista. Not that I ever knew much about what I was doing; I'm no software developer.

Fingers crossed that a new build is released (or leaks) soon that is closer to GA quality.

I admit that the "Windows 10 sucks!" "Does not!" "Does too" sort of threads, I can live without.

bobkn, Jun 12, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    First let Microsoft know you are having difficulties. They can only fix issues they know about!

I'd hazard a guess that there are problems with the chipset drivers which are in charge of many of the power features.

Go to your motherboard manufacturer and see if they have an update for Windows 8.1 etc.

Failing that, try the 32-bit Windows 10 version, and see if the problem persists, and let us know how you get on.

Perhaps the next release will fix things.

Fafhrd, Jun 12, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

The chipset drivers that I'm using are the latest from Intel. (No official Win 10 support.) The graphics drivers are the nVidia WHQL ones for Win 10.

The X86 version? Might be an interesting experiment, but not the best use of 32GB of DDR4.

I hoped for a Registry mod or some other work-around, but I didn't expect one. I haven't sent feedback to MS. I could, but I might have to go back to 10130, rather than admitting to piracy.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 1013X PC freezes when idle - Similar Threads - 1013X freezes idle

2. Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0x80070032 when logging on to Windows using PIN - can only login to windows...: Hello All, Thanks in advance for your replies. Yesterday I tried to login to my Dell Inspiron 15 5570 laptop but got error code 0x80070032 with message that went something along the lines of restarting and trying again. However, I was able to logon using my Microsoft...
  3. PC randomly shuts down then reboots

PC randomly shuts down then reboots: Hey, So my pc has recently been completely randomly crashing to a black screen then rebooting. It has mostly occurred when i have been playing games and i cannot seem to find what is is for the life of me. I initially thought it might be my cpu overheating as it was...
  4. My laptop lag, freeze, and got blue screen after Windows Update

My laptop lag, freeze, and got blue screen after Windows Update: So I got windows 10 installed on my laptop. It works so smooth like a charm at first. I've successfully installed all the Windows updates, but my laptop getting hotter than usual and then it lag, freeze, and got blue screen randomly after the updates. My laptop is HP P231ax...
  5. Laptop freezes, no bsod

Laptop freezes, no bsod: Hello, my windows 10 laptop has been freezing a lot recently and requires me to hard restart it. I've had this problem in May but it went away and came back the beginning of this month, I have tried resetting the pc back to factory new and had no luck....
  6. New Windows PC Temp Profile Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Windows PC Temp Profile Issue: I'm in a corate environment and one of my users had a Criticial Service Failed BSOD. We replaced the machine and upon signing in was prompted with the message "Windows can not sign into your account" and "You're using a Temporary profile". When going on the domain controller...
  7. PC crash - no digital license recorded

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC crash - no digital license recorded: I ran windows recovery on an old PC. It crashed and I got the error 0xc000000e. I originally purchased it with XP(?) and upgraded to 7. Then I got the free upgrade to 10. I have a product key for the purchased upgrade to 7, but no digital license for 10. When I verify the 7...
  8. Windows 10 Reset My PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Reset My PC: Hi, I have a couple of questions. I'm running very low on my C drive(Partitions were a mistake) and I'm not able delete anymore files in order to resolve the issue. Please answer thinking I have no idea on Windows restore. 1. My PC came with Windows 8 and IIhave upgraded...
  9. Screen turns black when when trying to load dark images

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen turns black when when trying to load dark images: It's a really weird, whenever it loads dark images like: dark setting menu, some game loading screens and things like that the screen turns black like the monitor was turned off. 116171
  10. Gifting my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gifting my PC: I have windows pc that I want to gift. I want the new owner to be able to use the programs that I've installed. However, I do not want the new owner to have access to my Microsoft account. I currently sign in with my Microsoft password. If I delete this device from my...