Windows 10: 1013X PC freezes when idle

Discus and support 1013X PC freezes when idle in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; See my system description. One possibly critical thing that isn't listed: my boot drive is an Intel 750 NVME add-in device, with the most recent NVME... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobkn, Jun 11, 2015.

1. bobkn Win User

1013X PC freezes when idle

See my system description. One possibly critical thing that isn't listed: my boot drive is an Intel 750 NVME add-in device, with the most recent NVME drivers installed. (They don't officially support Win 10, I believe.)

Under 10130 X64, the PC would freeze at random times. That includes times when no applications were open. The screen would freeze, and the PC wouldn't respond to the reset button. (Had to shut the machine down with the power switch.) I believe that a fan (probably the CPU fan) speeds up audibly.

I tried 10134 and 10135 as well, all clean installs. No difference.

Also: under 10135, attempting to do a restart usually fails. The restart screen comes up, but the animation runs longer than my patience. It doesn't fail every time. I doubt that this is connected with the above problem, but I don't know that it is not.

On some shutdowns, I've gotten a delay because of some battery related software. Odd, as it's a desktop system: no battery.

Any suggestions? I may have to go back to 8.1, if I can't get a more stable OS situation. No great loss, but it'd cut into my nerd cred.

:)

bobkn, Jun 11, 2015

2. pc freezes when left idle

The pc freezes when left idle. Even the mouse wouldn't move. Looked at event viewer, nothing looks abnormal in it. It's definitely not hard drive because I recently replaced it with a new one. Does anyone have a solution to this?

mayank deshpande, Jun 11, 2015
  3. pc freezes when left idle

tried chkdisk. came out clean

mayank deshpande, Jun 11, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

6 hours, 25 views, zero comments.

I guess this ain't the right forum to request troubleshooting suggestions. C'est tres triste.

bobkn, Jun 12, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Maybe not, but I'm willing to bet you won't find another forum with this many dedicated and knowledgeable volunteers!
    This product isn't even released yet, we haven't got everything figured out! (yet) *Wink
    It's a work in progress, and so are the issues that come along with it.
    Somebody will come along with some suggestions sooner or later.
    Or, MS will drop a new Build and your troubles may be over! *Smile

Edwin, Jun 12, 2015
  6. bobkn Win User
    Yeah. I've played with beta versions of Windows before, back through Win 7, or maybe Vista. Not that I ever knew much about what I was doing; I'm no software developer.

Fingers crossed that a new build is released (or leaks) soon that is closer to GA quality.

I admit that the "Windows 10 sucks!" "Does not!" "Does too" sort of threads, I can live without.

bobkn, Jun 12, 2015
  7. Fafhrd Win User
    First let Microsoft know you are having difficulties. They can only fix issues they know about!

I'd hazard a guess that there are problems with the chipset drivers which are in charge of many of the power features.

Go to your motherboard manufacturer and see if they have an update for Windows 8.1 etc.

Failing that, try the 32-bit Windows 10 version, and see if the problem persists, and let us know how you get on.

Perhaps the next release will fix things.

Fafhrd, Jun 12, 2015
  8. bobkn Win User

The chipset drivers that I'm using are the latest from Intel. (No official Win 10 support.) The graphics drivers are the nVidia WHQL ones for Win 10.

The X86 version? Might be an interesting experiment, but not the best use of 32GB of DDR4.

I hoped for a Registry mod or some other work-around, but I didn't expect one. I haven't sent feedback to MS. I could, but I might have to go back to 10130, rather than admitting to piracy.

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 1013X PC freezes when idle - Similar Threads - 1013X freezes idle

2. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  3. Computer freezes when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes when idle: Hello,Ive been experiencing a very wierd issue on my computer. Whenever i boot up and let my computer run idle, the screen will freeze and i wont be able to do anything but hold down power and restart it. Sometimes it will freeze after 4 minutes, sometimes after running idle...
  4. Windows 11 Freeze When Idle

Windows 11 Freeze When Idle: PC is set to never sleep. Almost every morning when arriving to my PC it allows me to wake the screens with the mouse but everything is frozen. My clock widget rainmeter appears to have been working right up the the wake moment. All other processes freeze in the state shown....
  5. Gaming PC freezes only when idle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming PC freezes only when idle.: Ever since I've gotten my current PC I've had an issue. The machine plays games perfectly and I've had no issues playing games at maxed out settings.However, the problem with this PC is that it will just randomly freeze when IDLE. The PC has never frozen when I'm playing a...
  6. Gaming PC freezes only when idle.

Gaming PC freezes only when idle.: Ever since I've gotten my current PC I've had an issue. The machine plays games perfectly and I've had no issues playing games at maxed out settings.However, the problem with this PC is that it will just randomly freeze when IDLE. The PC has never frozen when I'm playing a...
  7. Gaming PC freezes only when idle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. PC getting freezed when idle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC getting freezed when idle: this is random, not usual My windows 1909 What's the actual reason for such random freezing, submitted by /u/hard2resist [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgm3q2/pc_getting_freezed_when_idle/
  9. Computer Hard Freezes when idle

Computer Hard Freezes when idle: So, this issue occurred when my mother was using the computer while a game was saving. She told me that it shut off by itself, and saying that it turned black and rebooted. So, the main reason that's going on is that I've been experiencing my computer hard freezing when I...
  10. Windows freezes when left idle

Windows freezes when left idle: Hi. I just wanna ask why does my laptop freezes when i left it idle? It's just randomly freezes and restart then when i left it untouch it's frozen again. Imusing windows 10 1709...