Windows 10: 10240 edge placement

Discus and support 10240 edge placement in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone annoyed or experiencing edge always opens in other places than where you were before? *Sad 8298 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nt62, Jul 15, 2015.

1. nt62 Win User

10240 edge placement

Anyone annoyed or experiencing edge always opens
    in other places than where you were before? *Sad

:)

2. ~ How do I drag Web Page icon to Favorites Bar ? ~

You don't need to there is an Add to Favorites button in Edge (same functionality as IE but of course different placement of the buttons). And Ctrl-d works too. Then you just pick your folder: Favorites Bar

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jul 15, 2015
  3. Chefproll Win User
    N8 Loudspeaker placement -> who has done this!!!!!!!!!

Everything is bad if you seek for special situations where something does not work as good as expected.

I am not 100 % satisfied with the speaker placement, too - if I encounter special situations where the placement proves to be not optimized - e. g. if placing the N8 on a soft surface.

But in most other situations, the speaker placement turns out to be not that bad:

If you want to listen to music LOUD, the best way to achieve this is to place the speaker right close to a hard, reflective surface. This way you get more volume than with any other placement.

And: The primary use of the speaker is to act as a loudspeaker for speakerphone purposes. In this case, you'll naturally place the handset with the display up on a given surface. Works just perfect and far better than many other handsfree solutions.

So try to be a bit honest: There ARE situations where the speaker placement muffles the sound; but there are far more situations where that placement really shines.

Chefproll, Jul 15, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

10240 edge placement

If I recall that happened with previous builds as well.

BunnyJ, Jul 15, 2015
  5. z3r010 Win User
    Edge is going to take a long while until it's fully ready to be used on the net, Internet explorer had decades and 11 versions and still didn't manage it.

z3r010, Jul 15, 2015
  6. nt62 Win User
    With the removal of the watermark,
    it seems like 10240 might be as close to RTM as can be.
    Even the system winver shows 10240 as a system that is NOT A PREVIEW.

So, it seems like it still needs work.

7. nt62 Win User
    Ok. I can wait. It just seems strange that if I move the window to the bottom right corner,
    the next time it is opened, it opens @ the top left (or center) then it opens top right next time.

NOT having this issue with the desktop IE 10 on build 9200.
    Every time (desktop) IE opens in the same place.

8. Gary Win User

10240 edge placement

It is telling me to go to the store and purchase it???

9. Rocky Win User
    Purchase what?

Rocky, Jul 15, 2015
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    +1, I'm in 10240 and when I started Edge I wasn't prompted to purchase it.

BunnyJ, Jul 15, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    Edge

12. BunnyJ New Member
    What?? Care to expand on that statement a bit. I'm using 10240 and when I started Edge I was not prompted to purchase it. What did you do to get that?? Or what occurred??

BunnyJ, Jul 15, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

10240 edge placement

Just because something does not happen to you does not mean it works for everyone. Take a gander at support. See below:

10240 edge placement [​IMG]

14. BunnyJ New Member
    I was just asking so other might have a clue as to what you did or didn't do to get that issue. Can you expand on how you installed the latest build.. that might help others if not me.

Ok.. and chill out.

BunnyJ, Jul 15, 2015
  15. try going into the store and doing a refresh of your app licenses

paulsalter, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

10240 edge placement

1. 10240 edge placement - Similar Threads - 10240 edge placement

2. Will there be added taskbar placement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will there be added taskbar placement?: In window 10, I preferred to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen, going vertically along the edge of the display. Is there a plan to add this back as a feature into windows 11? I have looked, and there is no way to do it properly in windows....
  3. Will there be added taskbar placement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will there be added taskbar placement?: In window 10, I preferred to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen, going vertically along the edge of the display. Is there a plan to add this back as a feature into windows 11? I have looked, and there is no way to do it properly in windows....
  4. ICON PLACEMENT

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON PLACEMENT: How can I keep my desktop icons from rearranging when I leave the desktop or restart my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement/961f981f-0500-4968-9b89-34c4a66e461c
  5. desktop icon placement

desktop icon placement: have windows 10 on desktop computer; desktop icons won't stay where i want to place them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-placement/fb04adfa-5fb8-485a-a552-64bea6d55e4b
  6. Windows app placement

Windows app placement: I would like to open my program windows in a place on the screen that I determine. Currently they open in the upper left then I have to move them all to where I want. Also would like to be able to set places for a particular app or app group and save those settings. (Sort...
  7. Desktop symbol placement

Desktop symbol placement: I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-symbol-placement/3cf4e89c-3238-44f7-af2b-c179c09aae1f
  8. Centred windows placement

Centred windows placement: Does anyone know why windows 10 opens windows in various positions instead of placing them in the centre of the screen? On windows 7 & 8.1 the program or explorer windows were always centred in the middle of the screen but since I have upgraded to windows 10 the position...
  9. 10240

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10240: Where can I get the Windows Update 10240, it did not arrive in my Windows Update 8659
  10. 10240 will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10240 will not install: downloaded as an upgrade and installed but it keeps reverting back to 10130,it configures to 100% and restarts and boots back in to 10130 any ideas guys 8345