Windows 10: 10240 edge placement

Discus and support 10240 edge placement in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I was just asking so other might have a clue as to what you did or didn't do to get that issue. Can you expand on how you installed the latest build..... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nt62, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

10240 edge placement

I installed this build the same way that everyone did by using Windows Update. I got this issue by clicking on the Icon.

2. Gary Win User

How does one do this Paul?

On a sidenote IE does not work either.

3. Unfortunately I don't have a working 10 at the moment

but if you open up the store and go into the options for it, there should be one for Restore App Licenses (or something similar)

paulsalter, Jul 15, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

10240 edge placement

Did the upgrade work properly when you fist started it?? And did you change anything in the registry?? And are you running it on a SSD/HDD or VM??

BunnyJ, Jul 15, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    10240 edge placement [​IMG]

Thanks I will look, this just popped up

6. Gary Win User
    Yes ,no a Hard Drive

7. Gary Win User
    I reset all apps with no help, I also do not have IE. How does one do that reset windows 10 thing?

8. BunnyJ New Member

10240 edge placement

Why not re-install 10240 again and see what happens. Something might have occurred during the upgrade process.

BunnyJ, Jul 15, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    That is what I am doing Jeff, I got back to build 10166 from a Backup and everything is working. I will do this again. Thanks

10. Gary Win User
    Now I cannot update, even with the "Th1" in the reg.

11. nt62 Win User
    tablet mode solves the problem of edge window wandering (placement)

For what I like, yuk, yuk, tablet mode returns immersion to the system *Party

it also solves the problem of wandering explorer shell folder windows *cake

and app window resizing and moving *cake

Thema:

10240 edge placement

1. 10240 edge placement - Similar Threads - 10240 edge placement

2. Will there be added taskbar placement?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will there be added taskbar placement?: In window 10, I preferred to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen, going vertically along the edge of the display. Is there a plan to add this back as a feature into windows 11? I have looked, and there is no way to do it properly in windows....
  3. Will there be added taskbar placement?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will there be added taskbar placement?: In window 10, I preferred to have my taskbar on the right side of the screen, going vertically along the edge of the display. Is there a plan to add this back as a feature into windows 11? I have looked, and there is no way to do it properly in windows....
  4. ICON PLACEMENT

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON PLACEMENT: How can I keep my desktop icons from rearranging when I leave the desktop or restart my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-placement/961f981f-0500-4968-9b89-34c4a66e461c
  5. desktop icon placement

desktop icon placement: have windows 10 on desktop computer; desktop icons won't stay where i want to place them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-placement/fb04adfa-5fb8-485a-a552-64bea6d55e4b
  6. Windows app placement

Windows app placement: I would like to open my program windows in a place on the screen that I determine. Currently they open in the upper left then I have to move them all to where I want. Also would like to be able to set places for a particular app or app group and save those settings. (Sort...
  7. Desktop symbol placement

Desktop symbol placement: I WANT TO PLace symbols in a certain pattern that is prevented by predetermined lines. How do I solve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-symbol-placement/3cf4e89c-3238-44f7-af2b-c179c09aae1f
  8. Centred windows placement

Centred windows placement: Does anyone know why windows 10 opens windows in various positions instead of placing them in the centre of the screen? On windows 7 & 8.1 the program or explorer windows were always centred in the middle of the screen but since I have upgraded to windows 10 the position...
  9. 10240

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    10240: Where can I get the Windows Update 10240, it did not arrive in my Windows Update 8659
  10. 10240 will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    10240 will not install: downloaded as an upgrade and installed but it keeps reverting back to 10130,it configures to 100% and restarts and boots back in to 10130 any ideas guys 8345