Windows 10: 1068 Error Service Dependency Fail

Discus and support 1068 Error Service Dependency Fail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a brand new 1 day old HP Pavilion x360. While installing Eset internet security the 1068 error code comes up with ESETs header. I called the US... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JoeV2020, Jul 17, 2020.

1. JoeV2020 Win User

1068 Error Service Dependency Fail

I have a brand new 1 day old HP Pavilion x360. While installing Eset internet security the 1068 error code comes up with ESETs header. I called the US number that comes up under the error code. They remoted into my computer and found that my operating version is high 10.0.18363. and my kernel DMA Protection is off. If I had version ...18362 there would be no problem. But for 169.00 they can turn the paid kernel DMA on and install ESET. 5year plan for 129.00. the lifetime plan will give me ESET for life and I can protect all my devices, computers and phones. Is this for real? thanks JoeV2020

:)

JoeV2020, Jul 17, 2020
  2. MrOctober Win User

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

I have an Samsung 850 EVO installed, it lets Windows do the optimization. In doing so the indexing service was disabled. But now I can't get the Streaming service to start. I get the 1068 error when trying to start it.

MrOctober, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise Edition Update from RS3 to RS4, service is not started (error 1068 the dependency service or group failed to start)

We have identified an issue upgrading Windows 10 Enterprise Edition from RS3 (1709) to RS4 (1803). After the update our Service is not started even though it is set to start Automatically. We know the application is intact because it can
    be started manually through the Services UI and performs as expected.

Supporting Data:

1. The System Event Log shows the sender is not Automatically started because it is dependent on LanmanWorkstation (Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start).
    2. The Event Logs do not show any LanmanWorkstation events and when queried the LanmanWorkstation service is running.
      1. RGS Service Dependencies are LanmanWorkstation, TermService, Winmgmt, EventLog
      2. Dependency Map
        1. Remote Procedure Call (RPC) : rpcSs(Automatic),
          1. Depends on: DCOM Service Process Launcher(automatic, no dependencies)
          2. Depends on: RPC Endpoint Mapper(automatic, no dependencies)
        2. Workstation: LanmanWorkstation(Automatic)
          1. Depends on: Network Store Interface Service who depends on NSI Proxy Service Driver
          2. Depends on: Network Store Interface Service who depends on Remote Procedure Call
          3. Depends on: SMB 2.0 MiniRedirector
          4. Dependent on this service: Remote Desktop Configuration(Manual)
          5. Dependent on this service: Our Service(Automatic)
        3. Remote Desktop Services: TermService(Manual)
          1. Depends on: Remote Procedure Call
          2. Dependent on this service: Our Service(Automatic)

My assumption is that LanmanWorkstation service is delayed starting (could be in recovery restart mode), but after it starts, the Update Service doesn't go back and start its dependent services. The only
    other service that is dependent on LanmanWorkstation is the Remote Desktop Configuration, but it’s a Manual start so we don’t see a similar failure.

I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Kelly at HP, Jul 17, 2020
  4. 1068 Error Service Dependency Fail

Windows10: Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer; Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

Windows10: Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer; Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

I searched a lot and tried few resolution steps(from below URLs), but still I am unable to start the Security Center service on Local Computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2519899

Also need steps for resetting registery editor, I doubt few registry files got modified with few installations I did previously.

Thanks in advance,

Girish

Girishcrazy, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

1068 Error Service Dependency Fail

1. 1068 Error Service Dependency Fail - Similar Threads - 1068 Error Service

2. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.: Hello there, I have recently been having issues with no list of available networks showing up and my internet settings closing right after after being opened sometimes it doesn't even open at all and just crashes my settings. Moving on, I opened services,msc to check if I had...
  3. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.: Hello there, I have recently been having issues with no list of available networks showing up and my internet settings closing right after after being opened sometimes it doesn't even open at all and just crashes my settings. Moving on, I opened services,msc to check if I had...
  4. Error: 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. “the dependency service or group failed to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “the dependency service or group failed to start: Hello Microsoft , I dont know but my internt no working so when i checked about that so i found That This is Error 1068“the dependency service or group failed to start" so When i see the solutiion of this error on support microsoft so at that place there is a file for...
  6. “the dependency service or group failed to start

“the dependency service or group failed to start: Hello Microsoft , I dont know but my internt no working so when i checked about that so i found That This is Error 1068“the dependency service or group failed to start" so When i see the solutiion of this error on support microsoft so at that place there is a file for...
  7. Workstation service not starting 1068 error

Workstation service not starting 1068 error: Hello, After I updated Windows 10 Ver 2004, I lost my network drives. While I tried to find solutions, I found out that workstation service was not working 1068 error. I read and tried a couple of solutions described here and there, but nothing worked out. I'm considering...
  8. Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start

in Windows 10 News
    Print Spooler Service Error 1068, The dependency service or group failed to start: [ATTACH] The Print Spooler Service in the Windows operating system is responsible for managing all print jobs and handles interaction with the printer, and if it ceases to run, you would be unable to print anything from your system. In such [...] This post Print Spooler...
  9. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start: I have an Samsung 850 EVO installed, it lets Windows do the optimization. In doing so the indexing service was disabled. But now I can't get the Streaming service to start. I get the 1068 error when trying to start it. 80118
  10. Dependency service or group failed to start

Dependency service or group failed to start: Hello, last night I upgraded to win 10 home from win 7. However, I noticed that I was unable to use the Start Menu Search function or open the start menu and found out I was only connected to my Local Area Connection (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller), and my...