Windows 10: 1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner

Discus and support 1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Would anyone out there know why Afterburner labels the top card in my SLI setup as GPU #2, when clearly the top card is doing the work ? In any game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by AddRAM, Mar 1, 2018.

1. AddRAM Win User

1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner

Would anyone out there know why Afterburner labels the top card in my SLI setup as GPU #2, when clearly the top card is doing the work ?

In any game that does not use SLI or in this shot of GPU`z the heat all comes out from the top card like it should, it`s just that AB labels it wrong.

There are no options to change anything in AB, and I will have a look in the Bios, but clearly this is just an AB glitch.

But the same version of AB reports the 980 Ti SLI setup properly on my Z170. So I`m puzzled.

I`ve Googled it, but no help.

Thanks, Brian *Smile

:)

AddRAM, Mar 1, 2018

2. BSOD new GPU related? May it be software?

Windows 10 Compilation 15063.674

New GPU GTX 1080 Ti for now no new issues

sfc /scannow

i5 6600K 4.2 GHz stable OCCT 12h ,

MSI Z170A Pro Gaming latest BIOS,

16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM,

MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X,

Corsair RM750X PSU,

256GB Samsung SSD 850EVO,

WD Blue 1TB

Multiplayer

1nterfector, Mar 1, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Suddenly Starts to Lag

I was just casually using my computer, which is running an i7-7700k and a GTX 1080 Ti, and severe lag just pops up. Basically, it took a minute for MSI Afterburner to open, every time I clicked something,
    it took around 20 seconds to respond. Afterburner reported no heavy CPU load or GPU load, and my SSD was also working fine. Had to force shut down and restart in order to fix it. This has happened about twice or three times so far, and I'm unsure of the cause.
    I've ran chkdsk /f /r and sfc /scannow in command prompt, and no errors at all. So my guess is that something is acting up with Windows 10, might be the pagefile, but there's no way I can check for that.

Flames.Liquidum, Mar 1, 2018
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Mar 1, 2018
Thema:

1. 1080 Ti SLI setup and MSI Afterburner - Similar Threads - 1080 SLI setup

2. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  3. Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error sxstrace.exe / MSI afterburner: Ahoj, stala se mi taková věc, chtěl jsem si změnit rychlost funkce GPU FAN u grafické karty, výrobce mi doporučil aplikaci MSIafterburner.Po instalaci však aplikace spustila chybovou hlášku odkazující na použití sxstrace.exeEnglish: Hello, this happened to me, I wanted to...
  4. [HELP] is it possible/worth for me to add my second 1080 Ti GPU ? (NO SLI)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    [HELP] is it possible/worth for me to add my second 1080 Ti GPU ? (NO SLI): Hi, I create this topic because i have a second unused 1080 Ti GPU and i want to know if it's possible and worth for me to add it to my system ? (NO SLI, mainly video editing usage) I apologize for my low english level and thank everyone in advance for your support ! My...
  5. How to download MSI Afterburner

in Windows 10 News
    How to download MSI Afterburner: MSI Afterburner is an excellent program for video cards, not only cards by MSI, that can best be described as an overlocking/underclocking utility for Windows with extra features baked into the application. My first review of MSI Afterburner dates back to 2010, followed by a...
  6. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  7. MSI Afterburner not retaining settings

in Windows 10 Support
    MSI Afterburner not retaining settings: My MSI AB settings are not being retained either at Windows startup or if I quit AB. I have applied the settings, saved them to profile 1 and the Windows Startup icon is green. Is there some addiotnal step I need to do? W10 64 bit 2004 163765
  8. SLI GTX 1080 FE with non FE

SLI GTX 1080 FE with non FE: I already have an Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition 8gb GDDR5x and I'd like to add a second I've seen other Nvidia GTX 1080's with GDDR5 but no X. Does that make a difference? Could I SLI with an EVGA or other brand without performance loss? 143597
  9. MSI Afterburner

MSI Afterburner: Hello Just bought a laptop with a GTX 1050 2GB. I am interested in trying to get the most out of my card. I understand overclocking will get the best results. I managed to get a +200 MHZ on core clock and a +250MHZ on memory clock. Is this good and is there any more I can do...
  10. i5 a Bottleneck for GTX 1080 SLI?

i5 a Bottleneck for GTX 1080 SLI?: I am thinking about picking up another 1080 in order to run them in SLI. The question I have is will my current i5 4690K be a bottleneck for two GTX 1080's running in SLI? CASE: CM Storm Stryker CPU: Intel i5 4690K 3.5GHz CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: MSI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my sli gpu not showing usage in msi afterburner

2. 1080 ti msi afterburner

3. sli graph in msi afterburner