Windows 10: 1080p Not An Option in Display Settings

Discus and support 1080p Not An Option in Display Settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a laptop with a 4k display but because of all the pixels being rendered, it causes my battery life to be pretty bad. I want to scale down my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by senderov, Jan 31, 2019.

1. senderov Win User

1080p Not An Option in Display Settings

I have a laptop with a 4k display but because of all the pixels being rendered, it causes my battery life to be pretty bad. I want to scale down my laptop display to 1080p since 1080p is exactly 4 times fewer pixels than 4k and therefore looks the most natural. But for some reason 1080p, which is the most logical way to scale down a 4k screen, is not available as a resolution in windows settings. Can anyone explain why this is and how to fix it.

1080p Not An Option in Display Settings [​IMG]

:)

senderov, Jan 31, 2019

2. 1080p no longer an option

Hi,

Incompatible graphics driver after the update is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We suggest rolling back the graphics driver to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Display adapters to expand the list.
    • Right-click the Graphics drivers, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Roll Back Driver.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Jan 31, 2019
  4. 1080p Not An Option in Display Settings

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1080p Not An Option in Display Settings

1. 1080p Not An Option in Display Settings - Similar Threads - 1080p Option Display

2. 1080p on a 4K monitor or 1080p?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1080p on a 4K monitor or 1080p?: If I get a 4K, I'd play 1080p on it before later upgrading GPU for 4K But I hear 1080p on 4K = blurry. Or is it one of those things like 'very high shadows' v 'high shadows' where you'd need to compare screenshots to see a difference and / or care?
  3. Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust Scaling of 4k Display with 1080p Displays?: Hi, I have a 4k screen on my laptop's screen, and two 1080p monitors. I'm wondering if there is any way to rescale the 4k screen in the "Display Settings" window so that it matches in size with the other two screens. Because it's resolution is so much higher than the screens,...
  4. No "set as default" option in Display Languages

No "set as default" option in Display Languages: [ATTACH] There is only english in preferred languages place. but There isnt any other language in Display Language part. well I see that my license can only support 1 display language.. I thought its only means my other windows accounts in laptop cant use different display...
  5. 1080p

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1080p: I have a filee that is 1080p but my TV says 1080I... If I use my bluray player I get 1080P. so what is going on with my windows 10 machine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1080p/dd1b0aa3-4a5b-413f-b4aa-9e9ab844fd92
  6. Display settings and Personalize options not working.

Display settings and Personalize options not working.: Hello, when I right click on my desktop and then select Display Options or Personalize then a command prompt is showing up for milisecond and then it dissapear?......
  7. Shutdown problem on 1080p display resolution

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown problem on 1080p display resolution: For anyone who has the shutdown problem in which your screen may go off moments after you click on shut down but the computer does not actually turn off for a few minutes as indicated by the power indicator light staying on for a few minutes, you may want to try and switch...
  8. Desktop computer display shows 1080i on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.

Desktop computer display shows 1080i on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.: So my SSD recently shorted out and I had to get it replaced. After I got the replacement the display on my computer was only showing 1080i instead of 1080p. It also switches to 1080p when I'm in a game but switches back to 1080i when on my desktop. I have no idea what caused...
  9. Desktop computer display shows 1080 ti on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.

Desktop computer display shows 1080 ti on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.: So my SSD recently shorted out and I had to get it replaced. After I got the replacement the display on my computer was only showing 1080 ti instead of 1080p. It also switches to 1080p when I'm in a game but switches back to 1080 ti when on my desktop. I have no idea what...
  10. 4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop

4K monitor displaying from 1080p laptop: Hi I have a quick question (hope this is the right category). I recently purchased a Dell 4k monitor (P2415Q) to use on my Asus 1080p laptop. I did noticed that I was able to stream 4k video online fine (extended display mode), however I will be using the 4k display mainly...