Windows 10: 11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and...

Discus and support 11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when my notebook updated the system got a different layout than before, the right mouse button on the desktop doesn't do anything anymore, the folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marco Aurelio Faccio, Nov 25, 2022.

1. 11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and...

when my notebook updated the system got a different layout than before, the right mouse button on the desktop doesn't do anything anymore, the folders on the desktop are no longer there, and a menu appeared on the left which is where the folders are now , how do you go back to the old layout? I already tried to remove the last update but when I restart it is installed again so nothing changes. and a horrible thing is that shortcuts like alt+f4 or win+d, alt+tab or even win+E don't work anymore. The version is KB5020615 security is KB5019966 quando meu notebook atualizou o sistema ficou com

:)

Marco Aurelio Faccio, Nov 25, 2022

2. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Hot keys

Hi,

I am Ganesh Gandhi, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

If you want to disable 'Hot keys related to Display" in Windows 10,

Kindly follow these steps.

1. Right click on desktop

2. If you see Graphics Options, you can 'disable' Hot keys in sub menu itself.

3. If you see Graphics properties, in Options and Support, you can 'disable' Hot keys.

If Hot keys (Shortcut keys) are in Multimedia keyboard, you can use software associated with it, you can enable or disable the hot keys from the keyboard itself.

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

GaneshGandhi1982, Nov 25, 2022
  4. 11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and...

Hot keys not working

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are unable to use some hot keys.

I request you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall the keyboard drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Drivers

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

b. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

c. Search for the keyboard from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted
    drivers from the computer.

d. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the keyboard and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Method 2: Perform system file checker. Follow the steps below which will help you:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.

2. In the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow.

The sfc /scannow command will scan all protected system files, and replace corrupted files with a cached copy that is located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and...

1. 11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and... - Similar Threads - 2022 update Hot

2. 11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and...: when my notebook updated the system got a different layout than before, the right mouse button on the desktop doesn't do anything anymore, the folders on the desktop are no longer there, and a menu appeared on the left which is where the folders are now , how do you go back...
  3. 11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    11/2022 update. Hot keys not working, right click on desktop do nothing anymore, files and...: when my notebook updated the system got a different layout than before, the right mouse button on the desktop doesn't do anything anymore, the folders on the desktop are no longer there, and a menu appeared on the left which is where the folders are now , how do you go back...
  4. Right click on desktop not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on desktop not working.: hi, I have noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop it gives me the loading symbol, aborts and then restarts and im not sure whats causing this, i looked into the problem scripts and found these were potential problems anyone able to help. Source Windows Explorer...
  5. Desktop Right Click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  6. Desktop Right Click not working

Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  7. Desktop Right Click not working

8. Desktop Right Click not working

9. Right click on desktop or files not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on desktop or files not working: Looking for solution about my Right Click which suddenly not working anymore... 6428
  10. Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.: I have downloaded Windows 10 as I am sure you all have. When I right-click [on a .jpg] on the desktop it takes ages to bring-up the context menu and invariably does NOT RESPOND [so my task manager tells me]. How do I fix this? 16837