Windows 10: 12.4GB of RAM available, how to solve too many tabs slowing down PC?

Discus and support 12.4GB of RAM available, how to solve too many tabs slowing down PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I expect the tabs that I actually used recently to not be laggy, but that's not the case. I have 67.9 GB committed and 48GB of actual DDR4 RAM. I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BinaryDigit_, Jan 19, 2021.

1. 12.4GB of RAM available, how to solve too many tabs slowing down PC?

I expect the tabs that I actually used recently to not be laggy, but that's not the case. I have 67.9 GB committed and 48GB of actual DDR4 RAM. I don't feel like I have a ridiculous amount of tabs open... even closing a lot of them, it stays at 67.9GB committed and the speed is about the same. I bought 48GB of RAM to avoid this problem, I just don't understand what I have to do? Buy more RAM? I have an 8700k as well.

submitted by /u/BinaryDigit_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BinaryDigit_, Jan 19, 2021
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

I am having issue with the RAM, I have installed 4GB Ram on windows 10, but It shows only 1.7GB is Usable and the leftover RAM is Hardware Reserved. I Tried to swap rams but didn't work. please help my PC is working very slow due to less usable RAM available,
    I also tried a clean install of windows from my recovery Drive. but still facing the issue

PrathamBhalla, Jan 19, 2021
  4. 12.4GB of RAM available, how to solve too many tabs slowing down PC?

1.71gb Usable RAM of 4gb

I have Windows 10 32 bit installed in my laptop. I upgraded the memory to 2+2gb. It has two slots. BIOS Says that the RAM is 4gb Installed. But in my windows it looks different. It has 4gb, 2.98gb Usable. I try to replugging the RAM. After it, the usable
    RAM is 1.71gb of 4gb ram. I have tried to uncheck maximum memory in MsConfig, but nothing was happened. You can see the shared memory in the image below. I tried to open the bios, it says 4 gb of ram installed. My laptop is Lenovo B40-45 with AMD APU A8-6410
    Processor. How to solve the problem? Help me please

Faizz Jazadi, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

12.4GB of RAM available, how to solve too many tabs slowing down PC?

1. 12.4GB of RAM available, how to solve too many tabs slowing down PC? - Similar Threads - 4GB RAM available

2. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer: Since last year, I have been experiencing too many failed Windows Service updates. It is slowing down my computer and I can not stop it. Even my Avast anti virus has stopped working.Please help me solve this. Thank you...
  3. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer: Since last year, I have been experiencing too many failed Windows Service updates. It is slowing down my computer and I can not stop it. Even my Avast anti virus has stopped working.Please help me solve this. Thank you...
  4. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Too many browser tabs open

Too many browser tabs open: I am having slow and freezing problems with edge and firefox browsers. I started opening task manager and checking the browsers. When I open 4 windows in firefox 3 of them will tell me firefox is already running and task manager might show 10-20 running and edge sometimes...
  6. MY PC IS TOO SLOW WITH WINDOWS 10, SPECS: 4GB RAM, 2.30GHZ AMD WITH INTEGRATED GRAPHICS

MY PC IS TOO SLOW WITH WINDOWS 10, SPECS: 4GB RAM, 2.30GHZ AMD WITH INTEGRATED GRAPHICS: THE CPU IS NOT THE PROBLEM PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-too-slow-with-windows-10-specs-4gb-ram/05eda211-3a84-4918-a7f6-6decfc74ae54
  7. MY PC IS TOO SLOW WITH WINDOWS 10, SPECS: 4GB RAM, 2.30GHZ AMD WITH INTEGRATED GRAPHICS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY PC IS TOO SLOW WITH WINDOWS 10, SPECS: 4GB RAM, 2.30GHZ AMD WITH INTEGRATED GRAPHICS: THE CPU IS NOT THE PROBLEM PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-too-slow-with-windows-10-specs-4gb-ram/05eda211-3a84-4918-a7f6-6decfc74ae54
  8. MY PC IS TOO SLOW WITH WINDOWS 10, SPECS: 4GB RAM, 2.30GHZ AMD WITH INTEGRATED GRAPHICS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Web Browser Tabs (How many is too many?)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Web Browser Tabs (How many is too many?): Hi All, I'm new here, but I've had serious problems with W10 for a while and it seems to be related to how many tabs I have open in any web browser. It doesn't seem to matter which one. I've tried Chrome, FF, Edge. Just a few minutes ago Edge was using almost 10GB of RAM and...
  10. 10 is a bit slow on my 4gb ram pc..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    10 is a bit slow on my 4gb ram pc..: Atlease how much ram does it need to perform better? 55167