Windows 10: 12 GB Installed only 4 GB usable?

Discus and support 12 GB Installed only 4 GB usable? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Just installed my new RAM and took a look at system to see that I only have 4 GB usable out of the 12 installed. I've done everything I thought of and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Doom, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Doom Win User

12 GB Installed only 4 GB usable?

2. Nokia 3720 shows 8 GB card as 4 GB only

Dear Listeners:

I bought a 3720 last week (in Austria), SIM-lock free, and placed an 8 GB card in it. When accessing the card via Menu, Gallery, the card shows up and says "1.5 GB free" but there is only about 1,5 GB *used* of the 8 GB.

So although the specs say that an 8 GB card is the maximum possible, it somehow ses only half of it.

The card is FAT 32, formtted on a PC.

I suppose this is a firmware problem.

Kind regards

Christoph

ChristophB---01, Feb 22, 2016
  3. grschinon Win User
    Nokia 3720 shows 8 GB card as 4 GB only

Correct.

You could try formatting the card in the phone to see if that improves things. If not, you'll have to wait for a firmware update that supports 8GB cards.

grschinon, Feb 22, 2016
  4. Kyhi Win User

What Arch x64 or x86 OS ??

x86 supports 4GB Ram...

5. Doom Win User
    x64. I'm not entirely sure when this happened though, I thought I had a full 8 last time I checked.

Doom, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. 12 GB Installed only 4 GB usable? - Similar Threads - Installed usable

2. Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only 3.45GB RAM usable out of installed 4GB RAM.: Hey, I just checked my System specs, it shows: 3.45GB ram usable out of 4GB. I surfed the net for fixes to the issue, but found only 2- the msconfig fix and BIOS fix. When i tried the msconfig fix, it still shows the same. And when i checked my UEFI BIOS, There was nothing...
  3. windows 10 was installed on my vista platform, it was slow but usable . Lately it takes 2...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 was installed on my vista platform, it was slow but usable . Lately it takes 2...: When I ask windows for help they tell me I need an activation code. Any thought's? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-was-installed-on-my-vista-platform-it/171c5a2f-15dc-485d-b2d9-7e352b047ec6
  4. Installed RAM and Usable RAM aren't the same

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installed RAM and Usable RAM aren't the same: I have 16GB of RAM installed in my computer. It shows 2x8GB in the BIOS, and when I select "properties" from This PC, I see 16.0GB under Installed memory. However, it says that only 7.93GB is usable. I have tried going into msconfig -> boot -> advanced options -> unchecking...
  5. The usable ram is less than installed ram

The usable ram is less than installed ram: Can some one help me here! I just upgraded my laptop with SSD and RAM I used to have 4GB of ram so I changed it with 8GB stick, My laptop has only one slot for RAM after changing now it is showing that the usable memory is only 6.89 GB can anyone tell me what is going on...
  6. Windows 10 Pro Memory Problem: Only half of the memory is usable after clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro Memory Problem: Only half of the memory is usable after clean install: W10 Pro Memory Problem Specs MoBo: Gigabyte 970A-D3 (rev 3.0) CPU: AMD FX-8350 GPU: MSI GTX1070 Ti 8GB RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair XMS3 2000MHz SSD: Samsung Evo 850 500GB Story PC was working fine for years. I had to leave it unused for 10 months and then I had it...
  7. I have 16gb Ram installed but I only have 7.95 usable. But my bios sees the whole 16gb but...

I have 16gb Ram installed but I only have 7.95 usable. But my bios sees the whole 16gb but...: Please can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-16gb-ram-installed-but-i-only-have-795/90430163-0e1d-444a-9e6c-49d2a57b047f
  8. Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable

Installed 4GB RAM but only 1.7GB usable: I am having issue with the RAM, I have installed 4GB Ram on windows 10, but It shows only 1.7GB is Usable and the leftover RAM is Hardware Reserved. I Tried to swap rams but didn't work. please help my PC is working very slow due to less usable RAM available, I also tried a...
  9. 8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable

8gb ram installed 2gb ram usable: i just used the recovery option in my pc and it seems that windows doesn't use all my ram i tried going to ms config and then boot setting but didn't work any other fix??...
  10. 16gb installed. Only 8gb usable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    16gb installed. Only 8gb usable.: i have tried everything, but half of my memory is hardware reserved. My Specs. Asus P7P55D Pro 16 gb ram overclocked to 2000mhz intel i5 750 GTX 650 ti https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16gb-installed-only-8gb-usable/7f4fabea-013e-40b5-9a87-ed5af0a49926

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10...12 gigs memory installed only 4 useable