Windows 10: 120GB SSD retrofit data restore?

Discus and support 120GB SSD retrofit data restore? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have now bought a 120GB SSD for a PC and would like to reinstall Windows 10 on it. In the PC is already a 2TB full hard disk with Windows 10 and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Wiki580, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Wiki580 Win User

120GB SSD retrofit data restore?

I have now bought a 120GB SSD for a PC and would like to reinstall Windows 10 on it. In the PC is already a 2TB full hard disk with Windows 10 and I would like to upgrade the SSD. I know that cloning is not possible, so what do I have to consider if I want to upgrade the 120GB and continue to access the data on the hard drive?

Besides, is it worth making a backup from the hard disk, then formatting it and making the backup with the built-in SSD and Windows 10? Or is there any other way that I can access the data and games on the hard drive after reinstalling Windows on the SSD (after all, Windows is still on there and you can't get rid of it except formatting, right?)

:)

Wiki580, Jul 10, 2020

2. Replacing 120GB SSD with 1 TB HDD

When I first built my PC, my 120GB SSD C: drive was plenty big enough since I had a 1TB HDD D: drive. Now though I am hitting the limit of my SSD and I want to migrate to a new 1 TB HDD. I cloned and swapped and it booted, but Windows is still only seeing
    120GB of my new 1TB drive. How do I fix this?

BruceKrafft, Aug 5, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    Best 120GB SSD for OS and programs

I'm looking to replace my current 64GB SSD with a 120GB sata 3 drive, and I've love to get some opinions from everyone. Obviously I'd like to get the fastest considering they are all in the similar price range and with similar numbers, at least in sequential speeds, but I want to weigh speed against other variables, such as possible problems or bsods, longevity, and the like. In the near future, I want to get a second of whatever I do purchase for RAID 0...

I'm looking at these 3 SSD's:

Corsair Force GT 120GB
    Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120G...

ADATA s511 120GB
    ADATA S511 Series AS511S3-120GM-C 2.5" 120GB SATA ...

Patriot Pyro SE 120GB
    Patriot Pyro SE PPSE120GS25SSDR 2.5" 120GB SATA II...

I've been leaning toward the Corsair due to seemingly better numbers and the good experience I've had with my current Corsair SSD. If you all don't mind, what do you suggest I go with? I appreciate the assistance in advance

If there is a comparable drive that I missed, feel free to suggest it.

manofthem, Aug 5, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Which 120GB SSD is better?

Sandisk SSD Plus 120GB
    SSD-type 3d v-nand (MLC)
    Read 520MB/s
    Write 180MB/s *Confused 120GB SSD retrofit data restore? :confused:
    SSD-controller SandForce SF2281
    Power usage write/read 1,8W
    Tweakers

Or:

Intel 535 SSD 120GB
    SSD-type Multi Level Cell
    SSD-controller SandForce SF2281
    Read 540MB/s
    Write 480MB/s
    Power usage write/read 0,165W
    Tweakers

Thanks!

P4-630, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. 120GB SSD retrofit data restore? - Similar Threads - 120GB SSD retrofit

2. Restore data on a secondary SSD after system recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore data on a secondary SSD after system recovery: My laptop has two internal disks, one M.2 SSD for the OS and a SSD Sata for the raw data.I wanted to upgrade my primary disk type M.2 SSD, so I created a recovery unit and then replaced the old M.2 SSD by a new one.Everything was fine while recovering the system from the...
  3. Restore data on a secondary SSD after system recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore data on a secondary SSD after system recovery: My laptop has two internal disks, one M.2 SSD for the OS and a SSD Sata for the raw data.I wanted to upgrade my primary disk type M.2 SSD, so I created a recovery unit and then replaced the old M.2 SSD by a new one.Everything was fine while recovering the system from the...
  4. Restore data on a secondary SSD after system recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Restore data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore data: Hi, someone completed a factory reset on my business computer in error. I seem to have lost all my data and files. I really need to get everything back to how it was prior to the factory reset. Windows is in the process of resintalling. Is there anyway I can do this? If so,...
  6. Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore data from SSD encrypted by BitLocker: Hello, Win10 64bit system SSD/HDD had sw failure and can´t be run anymore BSOD or boot error. How can be possible to read data from SSD/HDD on other pc via adapter "sata to usb" or "nvme to usb" when harddrive is encrpted by BitLocker when is known the BitLocker key?...
  7. Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning 120gb SSD -> 250gb SSD: I'm upgrading my old 120gb SSD to a new one that's 250gb, and while I'm no stranger to cloning a disk, I've never cloned a disk to a larger disk size. I'm using the program Macrium Reflect, just for reference. If I make an image of my current 120gb SSD and apply it to the...
  8. `SSD C:drive 120GB and Local hard drive D: 2TB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    `SSD C:drive 120GB and Local hard drive D: 2TB: MY start up SSD drive keeps filling up and stops everything working due to 'LOW SPACE' How can I make the C drive just for windows start up & updates and everything else automatically go to my D drive. ? I have done everything that Win 10 suggest but cant stop it all jamming...
  9. Windows 10 on a 120GB SSD occupy 90 GBs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 on a 120GB SSD occupy 90 GBs: Hello there, i really need a help here! I changed my old hdd to a new ssd and it's a 120 gb ssd from Crucial, i used their software to clone windows 10 on the new ssd but that action left the ssd with only 5gbs left, so i decided to do a new installation from this option...
  10. High Latency with 120gb ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High Latency with 120gb ssd: Hello I am having an issue with the ssd drive I installed windows 10 on. It is an ocz trion 150 120gb ssd and I am having audio pops and dropouts when playing youtube videos or some gaming. I ran latencymon and it says it has a high interrupt to process latency when the...