Windows 10: 127.0.0.1:8080 Proxy server keeps resetting

Discus and support 127.0.0.1:8080 Proxy server keeps resetting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi UPDATE: When posting this I noticed in the instructions on the website below that RKILL was suppose to shut down when the scan was completed and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave1776, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Dave1776 Win User

127.0.0.1:8080 Proxy server keeps resetting

Hi

UPDATE:

When posting this I noticed in the instructions on the website below that RKILL was suppose to shut down when the scan was completed and I think I might have been shutting it to fast in earlier attempts and this time I let it run while I was writing the below post and by time I finished I noticed the program had in fact this time run the course and popped up with the log.

So I am going through this whole procedure again now that step one is completed to see if this in fact works this time around. If not I will update the post here.

Original post:

The other day I went to play a game that I have been playing long time and could not get logged in and while I was trying to find a solution I came across a post mentioning something on Proxy settings so I double checked something I had experienced in the past and found that this seemed to be the issue.

I went into Windows 10 settings network and internet and then proxy and low and behold I saw in the Manual proxy setup area that it was turned on and again and int he boxes were the following

So I thought OK I know how to handle this and I dug up the page I had used in the past that had detailed instructions to get rid of this and followed them again.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/vir...0.1-8080-proxy

In the past this procedure worked and got rid of the proxy setting along with this I also used Malware Bytes and between the two the system was cleaned.

This time though I am not able to get rid of this and it is always resetting back.

I have gone into the registry and deleted all references to http=127.0.0.1:8080;https=127.0.0.1:8080 and <-loopback> (typically between 2 and 8 occurrences) but every time I restart my system they return again back into the registry.

Some of the scanners say there was no threat found and others report back anywhere from 1-8 occurrences and I clean it from those programs and it returns back systems clean and safe but next start up their back again.

Any ideas how to clean this off my system short of a system restore?

Thanks
    Dave

:)

Dave1776, Apr 2, 2019
  2. SarahKong Win User

Proxy problems on my Windows 10

Oh this could be a proxy virus then because it's happening on all browsers.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-windows-se...

Also if you have a restore point I would recommend using it.

This won't hurt your files.

SarahKong, Apr 2, 2019
  3. mrbrimi Win User
    Edge keeps changing ChangeUnitGenerationNeeded "0"

My favorites stopped syncing so I read the Tutorial How to Turn On or Off Sync Favorites and Reading List in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.

I ran the reg file to turn on syncing. Gave it time but nothing happened. So I went into the registry and found that ChangeUnitGenerationNeeded was set to "0". Changed it manually to "1". Launched Edge. Went back into registry and found ChangeUnitGenerationNeeded reset to "0". Went through this a number of times using the reg file and/or manual change.

Every time I launch Edge the entry is reset to "0".

Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks

mrbrimi, Apr 2, 2019
  4. 127.0.0.1:8080 Proxy server keeps resetting

Proxy 127 virus keeps coming back.

So I have the proxy 127 virus, and it keeps recurring. It even showed up on the laptop I had before this one, and it causes everything to slow down and several sites to not load at all. I've tried disabling it from the settings menu, but it always turns
    back on. I've tried disabling all proxy connections from the registry editor, but it still comes back (and now all settings related to proxy servers seem to have disappeared from regedit). MalwareBytes always picks it up and removes it, but it always pops
    back up again. One person said the problem could have been something in my router, but when I got a new router and tried all these fixes again, nothing happened. What's left for me to do?

Dark US Marine, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

127.0.0.1:8080 Proxy server keeps resetting

1. 127.0.0.1:8080 Proxy server keeps resetting - Similar Threads - 127 8080 Proxy

2. Proxy server keeps turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proxy server keeps turning on: Hi,I wonder if someone could help me with a potential malware/unwanted program issue. I've noticed recently that in my computer's proxy settings, in 'Manual proxy setup', the 'Use a proxy server' setting continually switches back on, and displays Proxy IP address as...
  3. Proxy server keeps turning on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proxy server keeps turning on: Hi,I wonder if someone could help me with a potential malware/unwanted program issue. I've noticed recently that in my computer's proxy settings, in 'Manual proxy setup', the 'Use a proxy server' setting continually switches back on, and displays Proxy IP address as...
  4. Change gpu 1 to gpu 0

Change gpu 1 to gpu 0: I have windows 11, when i play any game, every one or five minutes i get fps drops and some lag spikes, i dont think that my laptop has problems, when i enter to see in the process manager i see that the intelR UHD Graphics 630 it's gpu 0 and uses the 3D, when my gpu 1 NVIDIA...
  5. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving 1 Item, 0% complete: Hi, internet. Its my first time posting here and I do NOT plan to do so in the near future. See, the problem is that I want to transfer some files from one folder to another, and only today it so happens that this error, "Moving <number> items from dir to dir " and it simply...
  6. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving 1 Item, 0% complete: Hi, internet. Its my first time posting here and I do NOT plan to do so in the near future. See, the problem is that I want to transfer some files from one folder to another, and only today it so happens that this error, "Moving <number> items from dir to dir " and it simply...
  7. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

8. PC Reset with Raid 0

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Reset with Raid 0: Hi there, if I configure my system to a Raid 0 using 2 nvme ssd's will I still be able to do a PC Reset? Thank you, Robert. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-reset-with-raid-0/f8b0d415-3e64-48c6-8627-e3e5608a062b
  9. Factory Reset - 0 sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Reset - 0 sound: Motherboard: TUF-Gaming B360M-E My Desktop's 2nd usb component was suffering from 'power surges' I have an IntelR USB eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 [Microsoft], 3 USB Composite Device's, and a USB Root Hub [USB 3.0]. I failed to fix the standalone issue & initiated a...
  10. Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1 0 Reset recovery: Hello, I recently had a problem with a company/hacker telling me I had to pay 400+ to get my key to operate my windows again after a trial period. I had also phone calls telling me the same. it warned me not to exit the screen, go to another site etc. or all would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 127. 0. 0. 1 :8080/Smaer

2. windows 10 127.0.0.1:8080