Windows 10: 127.0.0.1 or localhost don't work, but ip address does?

Discus and support 127.0.0.1 or localhost don't work, but ip address does? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and having an odd issue that I can't resolve. My browser is Edge Chromium. I have a several programs running on my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Calab, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Calab Win User

127.0.0.1 or localhost don't work, but ip address does?

Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and having an odd issue that I can't resolve. My browser is Edge Chromium.

I have a several programs running on my PC that use a web based interface, each running on their own port. For example, 8081 is used by SickBeard. 8082 is used by SABnzbd.

If I specify "http://localhost:8081" or "http://127.0.0.1:8081" the web interface does not open. The web browser tells me that it is an invalid address.

If I specify "http://192.168.0.8:8081" the web interface opens fine, and works with no issues. 192.168.0.8 is the IP address hardcoded into the computer.

If I open a command prompt and ping localhost, it pings ::1:. This happens even if I disable IPv6 on my network adapter.

I can ping 127.0.0.1 fine in the command prompt.

I can TELNET to 192.168.0.1 on port 8081 and 8082, but not 127.0.0.1 on the same ports.

netstat -a has the following entries for the above mentioned ports:
    TCP 192.168.0.8:8081 Server:0 LISTENING
    TCP 192.168.0.8:8082 Server:0 LISTENING

Can someone suggest why "localhost" and 127.0.0.1 are not working?

:)

Calab, Sep 27, 2020

2. Port listener works localhost and 127.0.0.1 but not IP

How can I fix the port listener to allow any internal computer to access? Windows 2008 R2 got hit by malware script. It removed File Sharing service "Server". I telnet 135, 149, 445 on server locally (name or localhost) and it connected. If I try telnet
    from any workstation to server IP - Connect failed. I tried UNC path \\192.168.1.2 on same server machine it can't connect or see shared folders. I tried UNC path \\127.0.0.1 on server and it can see shared folders

It look like the actual IP may be re-direct somewhere??

I did netstat

TCP 0.0.0.0:445 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4

TCP [::]:445 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4

TCP 169.254.228.134:139 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4

TCP 192.168.1.2:139 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4

TCP 0.0.0.0:135 SERVER:0 LISTENING 920

TCP [::]:135 SERVER:0 LISTENING 920

TCP 0.0.0.0:5900 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4236

TCP 0.0.0.0:3389 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4296

TCP [::]:3389 SERVER:0 LISTENING 4296

TCP 0.0.0.0:5080 SERVER:0 LISTENING 2088

TCP [::]:5080 SERVER:0 LISTENING 2088

Ports that are not able to connect from any workstation but can on localhost

PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION

135/tcp filtered msrpc

139/tcp filtered netbios-ssn

445/tcp filtered microsoft-ds

Able to connect from any workstation and localhost

5080 for web service

5800 for VNC service

Ping the IP/name

Access internet

I did

• sfc /scannow - no issue
    • Re-create Server service registry
    • Matched GUID of NIC on all linkages (Bind, Export, Route)
    • Disabled/Enabled File and Printer Sharing For Microsoft in LAN Properties
    • Disabled Windows Firewall with Advanced
    • No 3rd party firewall program
    • Re-installed IPv4 driver
    • Reset Winsock and Winsock2
    • Windows Updates to current
    • Added 2nd NIC and still no go
    • Changed IP static/DHCP - nothing
    • RDP service is running
    • Verified SMBv1 and SMBv2 running together

I installed WireShark and trace and seem it say KRB5KRB_AP_ERR_SKEW and Setup Response, Error: STATUS_MORE_PROCESSING_REQUEST then Setup Response, Error: STATUS_REQUEST_NOT_ACCEPTED

I am not sure what that mean?

BrandonAVC, Sep 27, 2020
  3. ovbrk Win User
    1 and 0 don't work

The 1 and the 0 on my older Windows phone no longer work. Also, the letters on the outside edge of the screen (p and q) don't work. Thanks for suggestions

***Moved from: Other/Unknown / Email & communication***

ovbrk, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Ztruker Win User

Create outbound IP address rule for 127.0.0.1

CLick on the Windows & Security shield in the System Tray.
    Click on Firewall & Network Protection
    Click on Advanced settings near the bottom.
    Click on Outbound Rules on the left.
    Click on New Rule on the right.
    After that I don't know how you specify a IP adress.

127.0.0.1 or localhost don't work, but ip address does? [​IMG]

Ztruker, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. 127.0.0.1 or localhost don't work, but ip address does? - Similar Threads - 127 localhost don't

2. Change gpu 1 to gpu 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change gpu 1 to gpu 0: I have windows 11, when i play any game, every one or five minutes i get fps drops and some lag spikes, i dont think that my laptop has problems, when i enter to see in the process manager i see that the intelR UHD Graphics 630 it's gpu 0 and uses the 3D, when my gpu 1 NVIDIA...
  3. Change gpu 1 to gpu 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change gpu 1 to gpu 0: I have windows 11, when i play any game, every one or five minutes i get fps drops and some lag spikes, i dont think that my laptop has problems, when i enter to see in the process manager i see that the intelR UHD Graphics 630 it's gpu 0 and uses the 3D, when my gpu 1 NVIDIA...
  4. Shift + 0 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + 0 not working: Hi !Suddenly My Shift + 0 combination stopped working .Shift + 9 works ,0 works ,Shift + 0 doesn`t .I have tried to stop all apps bcs I suggested that any of them can use a hotkey shift + 0 , but I have closed everything and I have no effect .Drivers are up-to-date .Is there...
  5. Shift + 0 not working

Shift + 0 not working: Hi !Suddenly My Shift + 0 combination stopped working .Shift + 9 works ,0 works ,Shift + 0 doesn`t .I have tried to stop all apps bcs I suggested that any of them can use a hotkey shift + 0 , but I have closed everything and I have no effect .Drivers are up-to-date .Is there...
  6. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving 1 Item, 0% complete: Hi, internet. Its my first time posting here and I do NOT plan to do so in the near future. See, the problem is that I want to transfer some files from one folder to another, and only today it so happens that this error, "Moving <number> items from dir to dir " and it simply...
  7. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving 1 Item, 0% complete: Hi, internet. Its my first time posting here and I do NOT plan to do so in the near future. See, the problem is that I want to transfer some files from one folder to another, and only today it so happens that this error, "Moving <number> items from dir to dir " and it simply...
  8. Moving 1 Item, 0% complete

9. Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Static IP Address Assignment - Does Not Work: Hi. Two of my PC's are identical PC Sticks to which I need to sometimes remote in using their names and sometimes I need to remote into them using their IP addresses. They both run Win10 Pro, remote desktop is enabled and I am easily able to remote into both of them and...
  10. Windows 1 0 Reset recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1 0 Reset recovery: Hello, I recently had a problem with a company/hacker telling me I had to pay 400+ to get my key to operate my windows again after a trial period. I had also phone calls telling me the same. it warned me not to exit the screen, go to another site etc. or all would be...