Windows 10: 128GB Micro SD cards - back up to android phone !!

Discus and support 128GB Micro SD cards - back up to android phone !! in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there with cheap (around 20 EUR / USD) 128 GB micro sized SD cards with decent read / write speed on them why not save your backup e.g macrium on to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, May 8, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

128GB Micro SD cards - back up to android phone !!

Hi there
    with cheap (around 20 EUR / USD) 128 GB micro sized SD cards with decent read / write speed on them why not save your backup e.g macrium on to one of these cards on your phone -- a 128GB size micro sd card has plenty of storage space for a windows backup, enough decent music files (flac) and space to save some critical data files without needing to store stuff in the cloud -- plus being on the phone you can email files / edit office type docs etc without even having an Internet connection so long as 4/5G signal available.

Cloud storage is no good for example if you need to restore an OS to a dead computer etc .

As an exercise though I wonder if anybody has got a smart phone with an internal micro SD card to work as a boot device -- if the computer can recognize the phone as an external storage device at boot time it might be possible ---interesting to see if it could also be made to work as a Windows to Go device via Wintousb or similar program.

The read / write speeds on these cards now plus the phone's processors have improved so hugely recently that this doesn't to me seem such a Bonkers idea !!!!

My laptop recognizes the internal card reader itself as a boot device although I've never tried using that. I've got some time to waste so I'll see if I can boot a live Linux distro from the phone's card - the distro installs easily enough on the phone card. !!

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 8, 2019
  2. dorsetknob, May 8, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Android 6.0 - W10 only sees phone data not sd card

Hi there

W10 only seems to see the internal data storage of an S5 phone (Samsung) just updated to Android V6 - and can't see the micro sd card (32GB).

Worked perfectly with Android 5.0 -- moral -- don't automatically let your phone update Android -- seems Android 6 is a bit slower too --phone takes longer to start up.

--added tried on Linux-- phone works fine - both micro SD card and internal phone storage seen as separate "Disks".

128GB Micro SD cards - back up to android phone !! [​IMG]

128GB Micro SD cards - back up to android phone !! [​IMG]

On Windows I tried both USB2 and USB 3 connections (S5 has the "double" Usb 3 type connector but you can also use a "bog standard" usb 2 connector. Didn't make any difference - micro SD card not seen.

On the phone menu I ensured MTP option was selected --there's also an option for USB 3 (faster) transfer --both worked on Linux - only the internal phone storage was seen on Windows - no micro sd card.

I have an older S3 samsung phone - used as a test --don't use it as a phone any more as it doesn't support 4G. This had Android 5 on it and that worked fine -- so not sure if it's android or Windows !!. but in either case I'd like a fix --the S5 is stil a very popular phone and with external removable micro sd card very useful too. S7 also good but don't need that yet and it's almost as much as a used car to buy !!! -- Samsung S6 though avoid. !!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 8, 2019
  4. john_ Win User

Micro sd to sd card adaptor...

Wow... That's expensive considering that the opposite adapter sells for about a dollar.

This looks much cheaper. I believe does the same job. And it should be much cheaper. If I am not mistaken these are passive adapters.

SD to Micro SD Card Extension Cable Adapter Flexible Extender Cable 24 inch Long | eBay $4.74

128GB Micro SD cards - back up to android phone !! adapter-png.png

john_, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. 128GB Micro SD cards - back up to android phone !! - Similar Threads - 128GB Micro cards

2. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    micro sd card: when i plug in my micro sd card via usb adapter, the notification sound happens. but when i go into 'my computer', it's just 'removable disk M', and can't be opened, saying please insert a disk. if i remove the micro sd card then that 'removable disk M' disappears altogether,...
  3. micro sd card

micro sd card: when i plug in my micro sd card via usb adapter, the notification sound happens. but when i go into 'my computer', it's just 'removable disk M', and can't be opened, saying please insert a disk. if i remove the micro sd card then that 'removable disk M' disappears altogether,...
  4. Micro sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Micro sd card: I bought a NUIFLASH 128gb micro card plus adapter. My laptop won't reconize the sd card. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-sd-card/211f80ed-4190-4aa7-838a-5cc0978618ed
  5. micro SD Card

micro SD Card: windows 10 won't find a micro SD Card How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-sd-card/cd22d18b-c247-427d-8981-e9cccc253c13
  6. 128GB Micro SD Card Bricked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    128GB Micro SD Card Bricked: Equipment: Samsung 128 evo micro SD MB-MP1280 MBMPDGVGHDJW-2 DCQDK00GZ635 -->Too Faded to See Properly can't be certain about the Qs/Os/0s<-- Samsung micro SD adapter 090530P AXA4A5014 Main Issues: SD card will not format into any file-system Constantly in RAW...
  7. micro sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    micro sd card: Hi. I have a Lenovo ideapad 330. what is the best micro sd card I can buy. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micro-sd-card/fd143a53-6490-41ac-a9e0-68985f3ecbd4"
  8. micro sd cards

micro sd cards: so ive recently discovered a problem on my windows 10 machine that it doesnt correctly read large micro sd cards, but does correctly pick up smaller size ones. i also have a laptop that ive check, which correctly disaplys the large mirco sd card tho. itll be nice to know why...
  9. 128GB SD card doesn't show up

128GB SD card doesn't show up: I have a Latitude 6520 Windows 10 trying to transfer pics from a Nikon D3500 SD card. Computer will read 32GB SD card but will not read 128GB SD card. 128 card does not show up at all on computer. Can someone help me with this issue. Thanks...
  10. micro sd card

micro sd card: how can you play a video from the micro sd card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/micro-sd-card/6b3649a7-4998-4708-889e-17393ae74f39