Windows 10: 128Gb SSD and an internal 1 Terabyte standard hard disk help?

Discus and support 128Gb SSD and an internal 1 Terabyte standard hard disk help? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ive just got a new PC with a 128gb SSD which is the C: System drive and a 1 Terabyte Data drive which is the D: Data drive. Ive never had an SSD drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sportsfan148, Mar 4, 2019.

1. 128Gb SSD and an internal 1 Terabyte standard hard disk help?

Ive just got a new PC with a 128gb SSD which is the C: System drive and a 1 Terabyte Data drive which is the D: Data drive. Ive never had an SSD drive before so this is new to me.
    If I install games and large applications to the D: Data drive are there ever problems when a Windows feature update is forced through windows update?
    The reason I ask is....I had an unusual thing happened the other day when 1809 was forced through Windows Update. After the 1809 update My Personal Files Folders (Documents etc) which I had relocated to the D: Data drive prior to the 1809 update had set back to defaults and were relocated back to my C:Users folder. My personal folders were still however showing on the D: Data drive so no data was lost but it was no longer relocated there as previously.
    Are there ever any such issues with Games or programmes that have been installed to the D: Data drive....are they ever affected by future Windows 10 feature updates such as 1809. Or will they always still work correctly afterwards?
    This question is particularly relevant because I know it wont be long before there is another feature update released.. Windows 10 1903. If I install all my Games on my D: Data drive I want to be sure they will still work correctly afterwards?

:)

sportsfan148, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Jefrison Win User

M.2 SSD Drive With Windows 10 Listed as Disk 1 in Disk Management,

Hi, In my pc M.2 SSD with Windows 10 OS is listed as Disk 1 and not as Disk 0 in Disk Management. Also, the same drive is listed as Removable devices which is actually internal SSD.

Can anybody help me resolve this, please?

Jefrison, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Perra Win User
    Hard Rectangular Drive Could be the Hard Disk Answer to SSDs

You're probably right but until SSD's come down to a more reasonable price-level, I'm all for this kind of stuff. Can probably be a perfect stepping-stone from HDD to SSD.

If it ever gets to stores that is *Smile 128Gb SSD and an internal 1 Terabyte standard hard disk help? :)

Perra, Mar 4, 2019
  4. 128Gb SSD and an internal 1 Terabyte standard hard disk help?

Clean Installation with both internal HDD and SSD drives

Ive just got a new PC with a 128gb SSD and a 1 Terabyte Data drive. Ive never had an SSD drive before so this is new to me.
    If I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB flash drive to clean install Windows 10....what are the differences to be aware of as regards the SSD and the Media Creation Tool and the Windows 10 Clean Installation procedure?

Normally..When you boot with the flash drive with only a standard hard disc on the PC during setup you have to delete all partitions until only Unallocated Space is left..then click on next and Windows installs creating the partitions it needs.
    What is the procedure now I have an SSD drive?
    Does Windows automatically install on the SSD drive? Does Windows format and partition both the SSD drive and 1 terabyte data drive or is there something else required to be done in Disk Management when Windows has finished installing to make the data drive usable?

sportsfan148, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

128Gb SSD and an internal 1 Terabyte standard hard disk help?

1. 128Gb SSD and an internal 1 Terabyte standard hard disk help? - Similar Threads - 128Gb SSD internal

2. Device manager showing disk model is SSD 128GB and manufacture is Standard disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device manager showing disk model is SSD 128GB and manufacture is Standard disk drives: I have a Windows 11 laptop. A month ago, I has change the SSD, now device manager showing model is SSD 128GB and manufacture is Standard disk drives.Some body can help me find real manufacture and model of SSD to I update the SSD driver....
  3. Device manager showing disk model is SSD 128GB and manufacture is Standard disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device manager showing disk model is SSD 128GB and manufacture is Standard disk drives: I have a Windows 11 laptop. A month ago, I has change the SSD, now device manager showing model is SSD 128GB and manufacture is Standard disk drives.Some body can help me find real manufacture and model of SSD to I update the SSD driver....
  4. Internal SSD icon is different that the other internal disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal SSD icon is different that the other internal disks: when i finished initializing the brand new drive it appears in "This PC" as drive with a disk on top of it , like a disk drive almost can someone explain this to me ? thanks...
  5. Internal SSD icon is different that the other internal disks

Internal SSD icon is different that the other internal disks: when i finished initializing the brand new drive it appears in "This PC" as drive with a disk on top of it , like a disk drive almost can someone explain this to me ? thanks...
  6. Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.: I bought a one terabyte extrnal disk drive but I did not initialize it. The system has give it letter 'D'and describes it as 'System Reserved D'. I would like to reset it to 'Factory Condition' so I can start again and initialize properly, but I am uncertian how to go about...
  7. Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.: I bought a one terabyte extrnal disk drive but I did not initialize it. The system has give it letter 'D'and describes it as 'System Reserved D'. I would like to reset it to 'Factory Condition' so I can start again and initialize properly, but I am uncertian how to go about...
  8. Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.

9. Internal Hard disk drive Import failed. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internal Hard disk drive Import failed. Please help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vyomkhare [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mo12ce/internal_hard_disk_drive_import_failed_please_help/
  10. Crucial 128GB m4 2.5 SSD freeze after 1 hour. please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crucial 128GB m4 2.5 SSD freeze after 1 hour. please help: Hello. I just registered on this forum in hope for some help. Posted on other forums aswell, but noone has managed to find an sollution. I built my new pc a few days ago. Installed windows 7 on it and ran memory test and tests on all the disks. Everything seemed to work...