Windows 10: 12C HID Device will not start Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.

Discus and support 12C HID Device will not start Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've tried just about every fix on the internet to try and resolve this issue for a non-functioning touchpad. In Device Manager there is only an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Irish Charlie, May 29, 2020.

1. 12C HID Device will not start Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.

I've tried just about every fix on the internet to try and resolve this issue for a non-functioning touchpad. In Device Manager there is only an option for Mouse with no mention of Touchpad.

Anyone out there with a solution or is there some ugly secret?

:)

Irish Charlie, May 29, 2020

2. touchpad not working 12c hid device cant start

need help my touchpad will not turn on. not listed i devices asus laptop driver issue 12c hid tried reinstalling natta

jeffreythedotard, May 29, 2020
  3. EdTittel Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 29, 2020
  4. titan5800 Win User

12C HID Device will not start Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, May 29, 2020
Thema:

12C HID Device will not start Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed.

1. 12C HID Device will not start Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed. - Similar Threads - 12C HID Device

2. This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    This device cannot start. Code 10 A request for the HID descriptor failed?: When are your techs going to fix the hidi2c driver fail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-device-cannot-start-code-10-a-request-for-the/b9607ac6-e64f-4c2e-ad64-659e5d08c071
  3. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: [ATTACH] so i was trying to connect my phone via USB to use the USB tether function , but then it just broke and now i have watched 3 articles and nothing helped , and i found out that one of the problems might be no generic USB hub and i attach a screenshot of my device...
  4. I2C HID Device. Code 10: A request for the HID descriptor failed.

I2C HID Device. Code 10: A request for the HID descriptor failed.: Hi, I have a Huawei Matebook D from 2017. For one year periodically the driver for the HID I2C device failed. Sometimes like magic, it comes back to work again. It always affects the touchpad accessory functions and gestures and usually, I fix this functionality with a USB...
  5. I2C HID Device. Code 10: A request for the HID descriptor failed.

I2C HID Device. Code 10: A request for the HID descriptor failed.: Hi, I have a Huawei Matebook from 2017. For one year periodically the driver for HID I2c device failed. Sometimes like magic, it comes back to work again. It always affects the touchpad accessory functions and gestures and usually, I fix this functionality with a USB mouse....
  6. device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    device descriptor request failed: [ATTACH] I need help really bad, The only USB ports not working are 2 2.0 in the back and 1 2.0 & 1 3.0 in the front. I'm going to bed soon so I will reply tomorrow but so far I have done the following: -Uninstalled the drivers and restarted my pc -Tried to update...
  7. Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device Descriptor Request Failed: Bluetooth stopped working for me as I was setting a bluetooth controller up, so I checked device manager and found no bluetooth driver, and in the USB section of device manager I found a device with the name "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). At first i...
  8. 12C HID Driver

12C HID Driver: Hi, so I've tried updating, troubleshooting, and eve wiping my tablet, but the 12C Driver still won't update properly. The troubleshooter says that the driver won't turn on. What can I do? The touchscreen won't work at all, which is kind of the point of a tablet. I didn't...
  9. Device Descriptor Request failed

Device Descriptor Request failed: Hey, I have some errors in device manager like port reset failed and device descriptor request failed.Long striy short: I have already tried all the standard answers several times. I dont know wich device is/was the one who caused the error. It coud be mine (already contected...
  10. a request for device descriptor request failed

a request for device descriptor request failed: hello guys in my device manager there is a yellow triangle on a usb device driver saying : a request for device descriptor request failed first i thought maybe 1 of my us ports not working but when i tested all ports are working even card reader but the error is still there i...