Windows 10: 1394 (Firewire) Driver

Discus and support 1394 (Firewire) Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a PCIe Firewire card installed in my desktop as my recording studio interface unit uses Firewire and USB 2.0 (MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid). My new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fireberd, Aug 19, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

1394 (Firewire) Driver

I have a PCIe Firewire card installed in my desktop as my recording studio interface unit uses Firewire and USB 2.0 (MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid). My new desktop does not have a USB 2.0 port on the rear I/O panel and the interface unit does not work well with USB 3.0 ports so I'm using the Firewire port and it is working perfectly.

A question, on older OS' we used the "Legacy" Firewire driver, rather than the default Windows installed driver, for recording studio interface units as it was the most stable and no dropouts. With my new system, I installed the Firewire card and let Windows install a driver. Windows installed "Texas Instrument 1394 OHCI Compliant Controller", driver version 10.0.15063.0 with a date of 6/21/2006 which sounds like it installed the "Legacy" driver. However, I can't find any reference to this driver and whether it is the "Legacy" driver or not. Anyone have any info?

1394 (Firewire) Driver [​IMG]

:)

fireberd, Aug 19, 2017

2. IEEE 1394 (Firewire) external drive driver for Windows 10

Does anyone know of an IEEE 1394 (Firewire) external disk drive driver that will work with Windows 10?

volkswalkerson, Aug 19, 2017
  3. After Windows 10 upgrade IEEE 1394 (firewire) gone

Hi,

Starting with Windows 7, we’ve been providing native support for a 1394 driver stack that is based on the Windows Driver Framework (WDF). And this driver stack supports the legacy 1394 (aka 1394a) and 1394b interfaces.

Refer the link below.

Announcing the availability of a standalone legacy 1394 OHCI (FireWire) package

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 19, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Aug 19, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    Thanks for the links, but neither addresses my question on what driver I actually have. Could it be the "legacy" driver? or could it be some other Microsoft 1394 driver? I saw in the one link it had been renamed for Win 8.

fireberd, Aug 19, 2017
  7. Phone Man Win User
    I have an add-on card with the same driver. The 6/21/2006 is when the 1st driver was written and is updated with each version of Windows as it shows. Here is the actually driver information.

1394 (Firewire) Driver [​IMG]

Phone Man, Aug 19, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

1394 (Firewire) Driver

Thanks for that. I have to "assume" the driver is really (still) the old "Legacy" driver.

fireberd, Aug 19, 2017
  9. Phone Man Win User
    Phone Man, Aug 19, 2017
  10. CountMike New Member
    If you look around you'll find many drivers with such old date but that doesn't mean they are that old, just that date is kept same for compatibility and tey are actually much newer. Drivers for HDDs are an example.

CountMike, Aug 20, 2017
  11. fireberd Win User
    After some consideration, I'm still at a loss to what the driver really is. In Win 7 there were 3 Firewire drivers listed. One was labeled Legacy the others were not. Windows did not install the Legacy driver by default, it had to be manually selected and installed. I don't remember the dates on them so I can't say what this driver really is. Not trying to be cantankerous, just trying to find out which one this really is (maybe no documentation available that really says what it is).

fireberd, Aug 20, 2017
  12. CountMike New Member
    Did you turn off the one on the MB in BIOS?

CountMike, Aug 20, 2017
  13. fireberd Win User

1394 (Firewire) Driver

There is no Firewire port on the motherboard.

fireberd, Aug 20, 2017
  14. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Aug 24, 2017
  15. fireberd Win User
    Thanks, Ed. That makes sense with the date. But, I'm still at a loss to which driver I actually have. The 1394 card works find, just the driver version. I don't have an old OS installed anymore so I can't look at the list of drivers and versions to compare or get a better idea.

The issue of the "legacy" driver still comes up frequently on recording forums.

fireberd, Aug 25, 2017
Thema:

1394 (Firewire) Driver

1. 1394 (Firewire) Driver - Similar Threads - 1394 Firewire Driver

2. Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?: HiI trying to get some Digital8 video tapes from my Sony DCR TRV725E to my PC where i've installed a FireWire PCi interface.Microsoft ClimpChamp does not recognize the camera. I hear a 'ding' when connected and it shows up in the device manager and it also show up in...
  3. Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?: HiI trying to get some Digital8 video tapes from my Sony DCR TRV725E to my PC where i've installed a FireWire PCi interface.Microsoft ClimpChamp does not recognize the camera. I hear a 'ding' when connected and it shows up in the device manager and it also show up in...
  4. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  5. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  6. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I need a 1394 firewire driver for Windows 10

I need a 1394 firewire driver for Windows 10: 1394 firewire driver for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-1394-firewire-driver-for-windows-10/f94bf1d6-4813-4631-988d-8aa024739e68
  8. Windows 10 Firewire drivers

Windows 10 Firewire drivers: Trying to find Windows 10 Firewire drivers. I can't understand why this isn't just a simple request. Instead of being directed to old threads that are defunct, why not, when I ask for Windows 10 Firewire drivers, either tell me that they are not available or give me an active...
  9. Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?: Hello I have a Nikon Coolscan (Firewire connexion) that worked fine with Windows 7 I changed for a new computer with Windows 7 - 64 bits and my former IEEE 1394 Firewire adapter did not work anymore (no driver available) I searched on the web and found an adapter by Startech...
  10. Firewire (1394) for Windows 10

Firewire (1394) for Windows 10: Buongiorno a tutti, Ho un problema , ho appena inserito la scheda Firewire. Ho windows 10. Sulla gestione dispositivi compare OHCI e ho installato il drive OHCI 1394 Legacy e aggiornato. Ma quando collego il cavo dalla telecamera SONY Videocamera digitale MiniDv...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft 1394 ohci driver download