Windows 10: 1394 (Firewire) Driver

Discus and support 1394 (Firewire) Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the Device Manager Properties of the 1394 Host Controller, under the Driver tab, under the date, should the Driver version. If not, go to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fireberd, Aug 19, 2017.

1. spunk Win User

1394 (Firewire) Driver

In the Device Manager Properties of the 1394 Host Controller, under the Driver tab, under the date, should the Driver version. If not, go to the Details tab, take the drop down arrow under Property and choose Driver Version.
    The latest version with Windows 10 will be 10.0.15063.0

spunk, Aug 25, 2017
  2. fireberd Win User

Spunk, my original post shows a screenshot of my Device Manager, 1394 driver.
    No one has grasped what I'm asking. What version of 1394 driver is it. Is it the "legacy" driver or is it a different version?

fireberd, Aug 25, 2017
  3. Phone Man Win User
    It is not a legacy, it is a Microsoft driver. Please read my post #7.

The legacy drivers were removed and replaced with a MS driver in Windows 8.

Jim *Cool

Phone Man, Aug 25, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

1394 (Firewire) Driver

Forget it. Sorry I asked.

fireberd, Aug 25, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Did you try this?

spunk, Aug 25, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    In the past, there were 3 1394 drivers available, one was labeled "legacy". My point was, is the current version driver actually the "legacy" driver, but not called the "legacy" driver or is it one of the others. No one has addressed what the current Microsoft provided driver is. I see the documentation about now only having one driver and the 2006 date thing, but neither of those addresses what the currently provided driver is.

fireberd, Aug 25, 2017
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Wish I knew Fireberd. As you've observed, the only way to know for sure is to get all three drivers, figure out which is which, then compare with what you've got installed to see which one it matches. Perhaps you can find older versions online somewhere? I simply don't know, and apologize for my lack of further insight.
    Hope you find the information you need, then tell us about it, too.
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 27, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

1394 (Firewire) Driver

Ed, its not earthshaking if I don't find out. One of those "nice to know" things. Nothing you or others have posted leads to the answer, which apparently is only somewhere deep in Microsoft.

The current driver works perfectly, at least with my MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid recording interface, and it led me to wonder if this is actually the legacy driver. I've seen the same question on recording forums.

fireberd, Aug 27, 2017
  9. arachnaut Win User
    Fireberd, I saw your post on the Sonar forum. I know exactly what you are talking about.
    I have had the Saffire Pro 14 for some time and originally used the older legacy firewire driver.
    Some time later Focusrite recommended using the standard windows driver, if I recall correctly.
    My memory is fuzzy, but I think I switched from legacy firewire driver to the standard windows driver.
    I wish I could be more exact, but at any rate I use the one that was shown above earlier:
    MD5: AAB860A5E606B9621E130D8C29D3F305
    version: 10.0.15063.0

This one is NOT the former legacy driver which I think was in Win 7.

I think...

Sorry for not really helping.

In my case, both worked fine. I only switched when Focusrite had an update and mentioned something about the driver. It may have been during the Win7->Win8 upgrade timeframe.

arachnaut, Aug 30, 2017
  10. fireberd Win User
    Jim, I used the "new" driver in Win 8 for the Saffire Pro40 I had at the time and worked OK. When I installed Win 8 I forgot to change to legacy driver and it worked OK. According to reference docs earlier in this thread the drivers were reduced to one driver in Win 8.1, but no one knows if it was the legacy driver "renamed" or if it was a different driver.

BTW, I don't think the guy on the Sonar forum that is trying to make it work through the Thunderbolt adapters is ever going to get it working.

Jack

fireberd, Aug 30, 2017
  11. arachnaut Win User
    arachnaut, Aug 31, 2017
  12. fireberd Win User
    I wonder where they got those. The "official" Microsoft driver has a 2006 date (V10).

fireberd, Aug 31, 2017
  13. arachnaut Win User

1394 (Firewire) Driver

I don't know, but there are lots of those types of sites that accumulate drivers.
    Some of them seem to get them from vendor-supplied software delivered in finished products, like laptops and desktop driver download sites.
    I'd be pretty wary of using them without careful scrutiny, but in some cases I found them useful.

arachnaut, Aug 31, 2017
  14. arachnaut Win User
    By the way, a lot of those dates are artificial - made old so that newer ones always sort first in a list.

arachnaut, Aug 31, 2017
  15. fireberd Win User
    fireberd, Aug 31, 2017
Thema:

1394 (Firewire) Driver

1. 1394 (Firewire) Driver - Similar Threads - 1394 Firewire Driver

2. Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?: HiI trying to get some Digital8 video tapes from my Sony DCR TRV725E to my PC where i've installed a FireWire PCi interface.Microsoft ClimpChamp does not recognize the camera. I hear a 'ding' when connected and it shows up in the device manager and it also show up in...
  3. Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 11 support FireWire 1394?: HiI trying to get some Digital8 video tapes from my Sony DCR TRV725E to my PC where i've installed a FireWire PCi interface.Microsoft ClimpChamp does not recognize the camera. I hear a 'ding' when connected and it shows up in the device manager and it also show up in...
  4. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  5. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  6. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I need a 1394 firewire driver for Windows 10

I need a 1394 firewire driver for Windows 10: 1394 firewire driver for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-1394-firewire-driver-for-windows-10/f94bf1d6-4813-4631-988d-8aa024739e68
  8. Windows 10 Firewire drivers

Windows 10 Firewire drivers: Trying to find Windows 10 Firewire drivers. I can't understand why this isn't just a simple request. Instead of being directed to old threads that are defunct, why not, when I ask for Windows 10 Firewire drivers, either tell me that they are not available or give me an active...
  9. Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?

Is Firewire IEEE 1394 still supported by Windows 10 ?: Hello I have a Nikon Coolscan (Firewire connexion) that worked fine with Windows 7 I changed for a new computer with Windows 7 - 64 bits and my former IEEE 1394 Firewire adapter did not work anymore (no driver available) I searched on the web and found an adapter by Startech...
  10. Firewire (1394) for Windows 10

Firewire (1394) for Windows 10: Buongiorno a tutti, Ho un problema , ho appena inserito la scheda Firewire. Ho windows 10. Sulla gestione dispositivi compare OHCI e ho installato il drive OHCI 1394 Legacy e aggiornato. Ma quando collego il cavo dalla telecamera SONY Videocamera digitale MiniDv...