Windows 10: 1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10

Discus and support 1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently bought a new PC. My RME UCX Firewire interface crashes Windows 10 repeatedly, an issue which did not happen with Windows 7. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by allengrj, Mar 1, 2020.

1. allengrj Win User

1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10

Hi, I have recently bought a new PC. My RME UCX Firewire interface crashes Windows 10 repeatedly, an issue which did not happen with Windows 7. I have read on numerous sites that the legacy 1394 firewire drivers will work but, having downloaded the drivers and installed them, every time I try to change the legacy drivers in the device manager, it crashes Windows and forces a restart. I have uninstalled and disconnected the audio interface and ensured permissions are correct to make changes to the drivers. Does anyone have any ideas regarding why Windows 10 won't allow me to swap to the legacy drivers?
    Many thanks, Guy.

:)

allengrj, Mar 1, 2020

2. Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. Which version of Windows Operating system is running on your device?
    4. Is your computer connected to domain network?

This issue might be occurring possibly due to below mentioned reasons.

1. It seems like you do not have the IEEE 1394 Host Controller plugged in properly, otherwise Windows would be able to detect it (and show "Unknown Device").
    2. Windows installed the wrong driver, thus it is appearing in a different name thus you can't use it.

What I would suggest is, download the IEEE 1394 Host Controller device from the manufacturer's website, and run the Setup file there. It should replace the wrongly installed driver.

You may also refer the suggestions from
    Wei Mao (MSFT) dated, July 30, 2015
    regarding the installation of FireWire Legacy drivers.

Please refer this blog
    from Microsoft
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 1, 2020
  3. John6528 Win User
    need 1394 legacy driver for windows 10

Have old Focusrite Saffire. Needs legacy 1394 driver. It doesn't show up in the choices in windows 10. It was there for windows 7.1 before the upgrade to 10. Upgrade must have deleted it. How can I download legacy driver and install it?

Thanks

John

John6528, Mar 1, 2020
  4. TechUlcer Win User

Installing 1394 Legacy Driver on Windows 10

I recently bought an HP Pavilion desktop and installed a StarTech 1394 firewire card so I could import ("capture") video off my Canon XH-A1s DVD video cam. I'm using the latest version of Cyberlink PowerDirector (17). In Capture mode, only audio plays (no
    video).

After reading all the posts about downloading & installing the 1394 Legacy driver to fix glitches like this, I did so. The file downloaded just fine, but when I try to open the file using Windows installer, a message pops open for about a half-second that
    says "Please wait while windows configures 1394 compliant controller. Getting required information." Then it disappears without installing the driver. When I examined the properties of the downloaded files I ran the compatibility troubleshooter which showed
    the driver as incompatible.

Any ideas on how to get the Legacy driver to install?

1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10 353d3245-dbe1-452a-af8f-3cf4abf8d1c3?upload=true.jpg

TechUlcer, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. 1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 1394 Legacy Driver

2. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  3. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY: HI,I Install a firewire pci card on my motherboard ,when i try to install legacy ieee-1394 firewire driver whit Device manager ,windows restart it before install is finished....
  4. IEEE 1394 FIREWIRE LEGACY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10

1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10: I need a 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10 My Video camera will not work transfering Videos to the computer unless I have a 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10. Cant find one...
  6. Windows 10 crashes while trying to update Firewire card to IEEE 1394 Legacy version.

Windows 10 crashes while trying to update Firewire card to IEEE 1394 Legacy version.: I bought a Firewire card to operate my M-Audio Profire 610 sound card: https://www.hepsiburada.com/alfais-4680-pci-express-pci-e-firewire-kasa-ici-kart-p-HBV00000321EQ?magaza=Evaletim I have no idea whether this product is for the sound card. I am using the 2004 update...
  7. Unable to install 1394 OHCI legacy drivers on windows 10

Unable to install 1394 OHCI legacy drivers on windows 10: Hello ! Let me try to explain in the clearest way possible my problem. I own a firewire sound card RME fireface 400 that i love and own since forever. I recently built a new computer but there was no firewire port on the motherboard it's 2020...i understand so i...
  8. '1394 OHCI Legacy Driver' no longer available for download

'1394 OHCI Legacy Driver' no longer available for download: I have a FireWire PCIE card on my PC, but I recently had to do a new build. I need the FireWire card for my audio interface. I used to just download the driver from this Microsoft page. The 64 bit version. Tough it no longer appears to be available for download. What's a safe...
  9. Installing 1394 Legacy Driver on Windows 10

Installing 1394 Legacy Driver on Windows 10: I recently bought an HP Pavilion desktop and installed a StarTech 1394 firewire card so I could import ("capture") video off my Canon XH-A1s DVD video cam. I'm using the latest version of Cyberlink PowerDirector (17). In Capture mode, only audio plays (no video). After...
  10. Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10

Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10: I have a MSI PE70 6QE and i've been trying to instal the IEEE 1394 legacy driver but it simply wont show on the device manager. The instalation also seem too quick, dunno if its related. It takes literaly half a second then it stops. ***Moved from Windows 10 / Install &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1394 legacy driver

2. windows 10 crashes when changing 1394 driver in device manager