Windows 10: '1394 OHCI Legacy Driver' no longer available for download

Discus and support '1394 OHCI Legacy Driver' no longer available for download in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a FireWire PCIE card on my PC, but I recently had to do a new build. I need the FireWire card for my audio interface. I used to just download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Chalcopterus, Nov 7, 2019.

1. '1394 OHCI Legacy Driver' no longer available for download

I have a FireWire PCIE card on my PC, but I recently had to do a new build. I need the FireWire card for my audio interface. I used to just download the driver from this Microsoft page. The 64 bit version. Tough it no longer appears to be available for download. What's a safe alternate place to download the legacy driver from?

Not sure if this is useful in this instance, but I'm on version 1903 of Windows 10.

:)

Chalcopterus, Nov 7, 2019

2. 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver available under Windows 10?

Will the 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver still be available under Windows 10?

This could be selected directly in Windows 7, but needed a separate download in Windows 8 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970191)

This is an absolute must for me to run my Canopus video capture card and capture my large collection of DV and SVHS tapes.

Without confirmation that this this Legacy driver will be available somehow under Windows 10, I am likely to hold off the upgrade to Windows 10, even if that means passing on the free upgrade offer ...

Willem Boom, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 ≡ (1903) PCIe Firewire card (Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP - 1394 OHCI event error).

Did you try this troubleshooting step:

Press the Windows key + R.

Enter devmgmt.msc.

Click OK.

In Device Manager, expand IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers.

Right-click on 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller.

Click Update Driver Software.

Click Browse my computer for driver software.

Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy).

Click Next.

When Windows has finished installing the driver, click Close.

Andre for Directly, Nov 7, 2019
  4. '1394 OHCI Legacy Driver' no longer available for download

Unable to install IEEE 1394 legacy driver on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Have you recently made any changes on the device prior to this issue?
    3. Which version of Windows Operating system is running on your device?
    4. Is your computer connected to domain network?

This issue might be occurring possibly due to below mentioned reasons.

1. It seems like you do not have the IEEE 1394 Host Controller plugged in properly, otherwise Windows would be able to detect it (and show "Unknown Device").
    2. Windows installed the wrong driver, thus it is appearing in a different name thus you can't use it.

What I would suggest is, download the IEEE 1394 Host Controller device from the manufacturer's website, and run the Setup file there. It should replace the wrongly installed driver.

You may also refer the suggestions from
    Wei Mao (MSFT) dated, July 30, 2015
    regarding the installation of FireWire Legacy drivers.

Please refer this blog
    from Microsoft
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

'1394 OHCI Legacy Driver' no longer available for download

1. '1394 OHCI Legacy Driver' no longer available for download - Similar Threads - '1394 OHCI Legacy

2. 1394 OHCI with JVC camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1394 OHCI with JVC camera: My 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver is 10.0.19041.1. When I try to capture a video from my camera JVC GR-D34, using AVID Ultima, I cannot seem to see the image on my capture screen. anyone has any idea ? is there a newer version I should use ?...
  3. 1394 OHCI with JVC camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1394 OHCI with JVC camera: My 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver is 10.0.19041.1. When I try to capture a video from my camera JVC GR-D34, using AVID Ultima, I cannot seem to see the image on my capture screen. anyone has any idea ? is there a newer version I should use ?...
  4. 1394 OHCI with JVC camera

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 1394 OHCI Bus controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1394 OHCI Bus controller: Hi all! so i have been facing this issue lately where my "1394 OHCI Compliant host user" has stopped working all it says is "this device cannot start code 10". with this error i cannot connect my USB with my PC, the PC doesn't even detect it. I have done everything which was...
  6. 1394 OHCI Bus controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1394 OHCI Bus controller: Hi all! so i have been facing this issue lately where my "1394 OHCI Compliant host user" has stopped working all it says is "this device cannot start code 10". with this error i cannot connect my USB with my PC, the PC doesn't even detect it. I have done everything which was...
  7. OHCI conform 1394-hostcontroller

OHCI conform 1394-hostcontroller: Ladies and gentlemen, I bought a StarTech 2 Port 1394b FireWire ExpressCard 34laptop interface card EC1394B2, including the necessary cable to connect theNikon Super Coolscan 4000ED slide scanner. The problem: The card is unfortunately not recognized as a "1394 OHCI...
  8. 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10

1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10: I need a 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10 My Video camera will not work transfering Videos to the computer unless I have a 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver for windows 10. Cant find one...
  9. Unable to install 1394 OHCI legacy drivers on windows 10

Unable to install 1394 OHCI legacy drivers on windows 10: Hello ! Let me try to explain in the clearest way possible my problem. I own a firewire sound card RME fireface 400 that i love and own since forever. I recently built a new computer but there was no firewire port on the motherboard it's 2020...i understand so i...
  10. 1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10

1394 Legacy Driver Crashing Windows 10: Hi, I have recently bought a new PC. My RME UCX Firewire interface crashes Windows 10 repeatedly, an issue which did not happen with Windows 7. I have read on numerous sites that the legacy 1394 firewire drivers will work but, having downloaded the drivers and installed them,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. legacy firewire driver windows 10

2. 1394 OHCI Legacy Driver.msi

3. 1394 firewire legacy driver for windows 10

4. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2970191,
  5. legacy 1394 windows 10,
  6. ieee 1394 legacy driver windows 10 download,
  7. legacy 1394 driver windows 10,
  8. fix missing IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers legacy,
  9. windows 10 firewire