Windows 10: 144 hz goes into 60hz mode when entering game.

Discus and support 144 hz goes into 60hz mode when entering game. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there all, i have this HUGE problem with my 144hz getting stuck onto 60hz mode when i enter my main games. I've seen so many forums writing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jesperandersen1, Aug 29, 2019.

1. 144 hz goes into 60hz mode when entering game.

Hello there all, i have this HUGE problem with my 144hz getting stuck onto 60hz mode when i enter my main games.

I've seen so many forums writing about it.. but nothing seems to be fixed? makes me wonder if you guys at microsoft is even working on it? it's been a problem since 2016..

:)

jesperandersen1, Aug 29, 2019

2. Starting GTA San Andreas reverts Refresh Rate to 60 hz

Hello everyone!

When I start GTA San Andreas my monitor reverts to 60 hz. Before starting the game it's 144 hz and after quitting the game it's 144 hz again. To fix this in the game I must minimize the game and then change it in the control panel, but how can I fix it permanently?
    I want to force the game to run in 144 hz. It should be possible because I didn't have this problem prior to reinstallation.

hubbabubba69, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Margusx Win User
    I have annoyng issue with pixels per second at 60Hz

Issue affects only 60Hz on monitor while 100 - 144 is good

Seems like at 60Hz not pass thru more then 480 pixels per second to stay eyecandy left to right right to left if i go for speed up to manage 960 pixels per second all look ugly while 100-144 Hz no issues at even go over 1000 pixels per second.

Idk its very annoying issue.

Margusx, Aug 29, 2019
  4. ege212 Win User

144 hz goes into 60hz mode when entering game.

Can't change screen refresh rate to 144 Hz

So i just got a new monitor (msi optix ag32c) and windows 10 doesn't let me change the refresh rate of the screen over 60 hertz?!

I asked from msi that why i cant change it to 144 hz and they said that i need to shut down my computer and remove the power cord and hdmi cable and wait 1 min and i tried that like 5 times but it didnt work. The monitor also doesnt have any drivers for
    user download so windows 10 says that its a "generic pnp display".

So please dont comment " just right click on desktop and click advanced display settings."

Note: I am using HDMI and not DisplayPort and msi said that HDMI can only support 144 hz with this monitor.

ege212, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

144 hz goes into 60hz mode when entering game.

1. 144 hz goes into 60hz mode when entering game. - Similar Threads - 144 goes 60hz

2. my laptop screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate it was working properly few days ago but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate it was working properly few days ago but...: my laptop has two refresh rate 60 hz and 144 hz it was functioning properly but few days ago screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate , when i switched to 60 hz by external display it is woking but not working on 144 hz refresh rateI have Asus duf dash f15 laptop with intel...
  3. my laptop screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate it was working properly few days ago but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate it was working properly few days ago but...: my laptop has two refresh rate 60 hz and 144 hz it was functioning properly but few days ago screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate , when i switched to 60 hz by external display it is woking but not working on 144 hz refresh rateI have Asus duf dash f15 laptop with intel...
  4. my laptop screen goes black on 144 hz refresh rate it was working properly few days ago but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor going black on 144 hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor going black on 144 hz: Hey, i just bought a new PC with a 4070Ti gigabyte aero edition, when i connected it to my 2 monitors, 1 is 144 hz odyssey g5 and other one is 60, the 144 went completely black and the 60 one kept going on and off. i bought new cables the 144 hz is connected with 2.1 hdmi....
  6. Monitor going black on 144 hz

Monitor going black on 144 hz: Hey, i just bought a new PC with a 4070Ti gigabyte aero edition, when i connected it to my 2 monitors, 1 is 144 hz odyssey g5 and other one is 60, the 144 went completely black and the 60 one kept going on and off. i bought new cables the 144 hz is connected with 2.1 hdmi....
  7. Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode: I have a Dell XPS 15in, 2 in 1. After resetting my computer in full and reinstalling Windows 11, I cannot enter tablet mode by flipping around my laptop screen. When I flip the screen hinge, and it fully is in tablet mode, the screen instantly goes black, with no input from...
  8. Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode

Screen goes black when laptop enters 2 in 1 mode: I have a Dell XPS 15in, 2 in 1. After resetting my computer in full and reinstalling Windows 11, I cannot enter tablet mode by flipping around my laptop screen. When I flip the screen hinge, and it fully is in tablet mode, the screen instantly goes black, with no input from...
  9. Games are switching resolution when entering fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are switching resolution when entering fullscreen mode: Hi I have a problem where When I open a game like apex legends or fortnite, My monitor resolution jumps up to 3840 by 2160 witch is only supported as 30 htz. But I want my games to run at 1920 by 1080 at 144htz because that is my monitors refresh rate. Does anyone know...
  10. 144 hz monitor good for gtx 1650?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    144 hz monitor good for gtx 1650?: Hey I have a question, I have a gtx 1650 do you think I should get a 144 hz monitor since I mainly play competitive games / esports titles like fortnite / csgo / rainbow six siege etc.. My specs: Msi Gtx 1650 4gb 8 GB RAM ddr4 I3 7100 No ssd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when going fullscreen in a game my monitor goes from 144 hz to 60hz

2. why does it say im on 60hz when i have 144