Windows 10: 144Hz is not displayed MSI Optix241Cp?

Discus and support 144Hz is not displayed MSI Optix241Cp? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I bought a new monitor today, and it's not the same one: MSI Optix Mag241Cp which is supposed to be a 144hz monitor. On the bar of the monitor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ichthomas111, Jun 13, 2020.

1. 144Hz is not displayed MSI Optix241Cp?

Hey, I bought a new monitor today, and it's not the same one: MSI Optix Mag241Cp which is supposed to be a 144hz monitor. On the bar of the monitor is also 144hz, but when I call up the msi settings there is 60hz up there and in the Nvidia settings I can only select 60hz. I also bought a display port from Amazon. We bought this one

https://www.amazon.de/DisplayPort-A...s&qid=1589046956&sprefix=displ,aps,151&sr=8-3

:)

ichthomas111, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

No display signal in Windows at 144hz

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are using a monitor that supports 144Hz, however you getting black screen after the sign in page.

As per the information provided by you, I have checked that the monitor supports 144Hz. However, the Sapphire RX 570 graphics card that you are using supports only up to 120Hz using the display ports. Please refer the graphic card
    specification by clicking on
    Sapphire RX 570

I suggest you to set the refresh rate for the monitor at 120Hz and check the result.

Follow these steps to change the refresh rate of the monitor.

1. Press Windows key + I.
      This will open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Display.
    4. Click on Advanced display settings.
    5. Click on Display adapter properties for Samsung monitor.
    6. Click on Monitor tab.
    7. Under Monitor Settings, use the drop-down menu to select the refresh rate and change it to 120Hz.
    8. Click on Apply button.
    9. Click on OK button.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jun 13, 2020
  3. 144hz monitor

Hi Anoosh,

Note: Depending on graphics card, these instructions may vary.

Please go to Display Settings and try the following:

- Select the monitor from the list of displays

- Scroll down and select 'Advanced display settings'

- Select 'Display adapter proprties for Display #'

- Select 'List All Modes'

- Select desired resolution and refresh rate (1920 x 1080 @ 144hz)

If these options are not there, you may need to change them from your graphics card software (i.e NVIDIA Geforce Experience, or AMD Catalyst Control Center).

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Jun 13, 2020
  4. 144Hz is not displayed MSI Optix241Cp?

Displaying 144hz on monitor from laptop

I have a gaming laptop and I have it hooked up to a monitor that can display up to 144hz. I have the laptop and the monitor connected through a HDMI cable. It seems I get 60hz instead of 144hz as the monitor advertised. Do you know how I can fix this problem?
    Please let me know, thanks.

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XFC44CL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My monitor: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KO4518I/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

HIRENJOSHI, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

144Hz is not displayed MSI Optix241Cp?

1. 144Hz is not displayed MSI Optix241Cp? - Similar Threads - 144Hz displayed MSI

2. MSI GE76 Raider detecting 144hz at startup, flashes, than changes to 60hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI GE76 Raider detecting 144hz at startup, flashes, than changes to 60hz: Ever since I updated my new laptop from factory settings, I have been seeing a slight dip in performance. Whenever I boot up my laptop from shut down, it will boot up in 144hz, flicker, and than proceed to stay at 60hz. Every time I would have to manually set it back to...
  3. MSI GE76 Raider detecting 144hz at startup, flashes, than changes to 60hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI GE76 Raider detecting 144hz at startup, flashes, than changes to 60hz: Ever since I updated my new laptop from factory settings, I have been seeing a slight dip in performance. Whenever I boot up my laptop from shut down, it will boot up in 144hz, flicker, and than proceed to stay at 60hz. Every time I would have to manually set it back to...
  4. Laptop monitor suddenly won't display in original 144hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop monitor suddenly won't display in original 144hz: I have an Asus gaming laptop that has 144hz. I usually use an external monitor a LED TV that is 60hz as a second monitor that I plug via HDMI. It's been working great, however last night I decided to use my laptop monitor but it suddenly still displays and is stuck at 64hz so...
  5. Laptop monitor suddenly won't display in original 144hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop monitor suddenly won't display in original 144hz: I have an Asus gaming laptop that has 144hz. I usually use an external monitor a LED TV that is 60hz as a second monitor that I plug via HDMI. It's been working great, however last night I decided to use my laptop monitor but it suddenly still displays and is stuck at 64hz so...
  6. Displaying 144hz on monitor from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Displaying 144hz on monitor from laptop: I have a gaming laptop and I have it hooked up to a monitor that can display up to 144hz. I have the laptop and the monitor connected through a HDMI cable. It seems I get 60hz instead of 144hz as the monitor advertised. Do you know how I can fix this problem? Please let me...
  7. 144hz Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    144hz Monitor: I have a 144hz monitor but when i checked the monitors optimal hz it said 60hz i can change the hz to 144hz but im not sure if ill damage the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/144hz-monitor/0082459e-54d2-428d-8c07-d4ef2df1fc22
  8. No display signal in Windows at 144hz

No display signal in Windows at 144hz: So I've recently installed a new Sapphire RX 570 and was using a different Asus RX 570 before that (which broke, unrelated); please note that I did not have this issue with the Asus model nor with my old Nvidia graphics card I was using just a week ago so I have ruled out a...
  9. Can't Change The Display Resolution to 2560x1440 144hz

Can't Change The Display Resolution to 2560x1440 144hz: Hey, i just got the samsung c27hg70 monitor and I want to change my display to fit it. When I click on control panel, it doesn't have a "adjust screen resolution" option. I do have an Nvidia 1080ti with nvidia control panel and tried to change it there, but it wouldn't change...
  10. 144hz and freesync?

144hz and freesync?: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/LukeDa...7/saved/mWcHNG Proposed buildhttps://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16824475002 purchased monitor Should I go with an AMD card to take advantage of the Freesync? IS the price difference worth it? Also, will there even be screen...