Windows 10: 144hz Moniters w/ VGA?

Discus and support 144hz Moniters w/ VGA? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hey guys, I was wondering what requirements were needed to run a 144hz monitor I currently have an old, 60hz monitor that uses a VGA cable, and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by KBGaming, Apr 20, 2020.

1. KBGaming Win User

144hz Moniters w/ VGA?

Hey guys,
    I was wondering what requirements were needed to run a 144hz monitor
    I currently have an old, 60hz monitor that uses a VGA cable, and my computer doesn't have a HDMI cable port, so that's out of the equation.
    I have a HP Compaq 6200 Pro, and the only ports are VGA and displayport 1.4
    What would work best for me?

KBGaming, Apr 20, 2020

2. HP Moniter Detecting HDMI But Not VGA

Trying to set up the oculus rift, and it requires the one HDMI cable that my computer has. My HP Moniter has a VGA slot on the back, so I snagged a cable for it, and an adapter (To shift a 9pin male end to a 15 pin female) so the adapter end can an plug
    into my computer. Problem is, when I toggle the switch from HDMI to VGA, it says 'inactive', has a black screen for a bit, then switches back to HDMI. I've checked all the cables, and nothing's loose- I've even tried a factory reset and unplugging and replugging
    the entire moniter as described in the moniter's troubleshooting site. I'm still getting a black screen every time. When I pulled up device details on my computer, I couldn't see any way to toggle between the two manually, but I am concerned my system is to
    blame. Could it be the adapter? I can't seem to find anything that would fit both my moniter and my computer in the same cord. I'm running windows 10, and the hdmi for the moniter leads directly to my graphics card.

LynnJacobs1, Apr 20, 2020
  3. ChadHunt Win User
    Toshiba PC Health Moniter

So, i just recently got toshiba PC health moniter, and it wont launch. Any suggestions?

ChadHunt, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

144hz Moniters w/ VGA?

No display signal in Windows at 144hz

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are using a monitor that supports 144Hz, however you getting black screen after the sign in page.

As per the information provided by you, I have checked that the monitor supports 144Hz. However, the Sapphire RX 570 graphics card that you are using supports only up to 120Hz using the display ports. Please refer the graphic card
    specification by clicking on
    Sapphire RX 570

I suggest you to set the refresh rate for the monitor at 120Hz and check the result.

Follow these steps to change the refresh rate of the monitor.

1. Press Windows key + I.
      This will open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Display.
    4. Click on Advanced display settings.
    5. Click on Display adapter properties for Samsung monitor.
    6. Click on Monitor tab.
    7. Under Monitor Settings, use the drop-down menu to select the refresh rate and change it to 120Hz.
    8. Click on Apply button.
    9. Click on OK button.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

144hz Moniters w/ VGA?

1. 144hz Moniters w/ VGA? - Similar Threads - 144hz Moniters VGA

2. cpu no audio when connected to a moniter with vga

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu no audio when connected to a moniter with vga: my cpu is hp elitedesk and there is no sound whenever connected to hp moniterwhen i disconnect vga , there is ound in cpu like beeping ram error sound but no audio when connected to to a moniter with vga pls help me windows 11 realtek high defination audio...
  3. cpu no audio when connected to a moniter with vga

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu no audio when connected to a moniter with vga: my cpu is hp elitedesk and there is no sound whenever connected to hp moniterwhen i disconnect vga , there is ound in cpu like beeping ram error sound but no audio when connected to to a moniter with vga pls help me windows 11 realtek high defination audio...
  4. Moniters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moniters: I am searching for info on how to open 2 tabs on laptop, move one tab to separate screen & 2nd tab remain on desktop screen. I need anwsers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniters/d7ccabe2-1730-4ef4-998d-a96a39a34e68
  5. Moniters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moniters: I am searching for info on how to open 2 tabs on laptop, move one tab to separate screen & 2nd tab remain on desktop screen. I need anwsers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniters/d7ccabe2-1730-4ef4-998d-a96a39a34e68
  6. Reliability moniter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reliability moniter: Why whenever i go into the reliability monitor I always see 1-3 red X's, when i click on these X's it tells me that it was a hardware. I ran a memory diagnostic and it said nothing was wrong what is the problem. btw I'm using my pc without my gpu, I'm using a integrated...
  7. viotek moniter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    viotek moniter: Merry Christmas. My Santa hubby got me a gaming computer with viotek curved monitor for Christmas and i cant get the sound audio to work. ive done all updates. updated sound drivers trouble shooting the whole way. im connected via HDMI. i also had to activate my windows,...
  8. Moniter hz

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moniter hz: When I try to change my moniter hz from 60 to 240 it says I do not have administrive rights. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniter-hz/092fadd9-757f-48f5-9035-0d4ab592233d
  9. moniter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    moniter: I have several lines from top to bottom on my moninter , how can I clear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moniter/3b823fdc-206d-40d2-ba72-3a350b2b6c02
  10. Two moniters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two moniters: I need my mouse to move left to my monitor, instead of right. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-moniters/69f66b2a-f487-4597-8c6c-dc6d3a5121bb