Windows 10: 145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved

Discus and support 145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi , my problem is i am missing 145gb from probably old windows 10 upgrade files in System Files . i am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1903 (OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JohnDoumba, Sep 30, 2019.

1. 145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved

Hi , my problem is i am missing 145gb from probably old windows 10 upgrade files in System Files .

i am running Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.356). Original OS was a clean install on a new pc and a Samsung NVme 500gb ssd around mid-February 2019 , so no Windows.old file. I have also deleted windows.edb indexing file which i had moved to D: drive and was around 70gb , so this 145gb must be something else. I have disabled hibernation , i have deleted all restore points and set system protection to minimum size (also tried disabling-turning off it just in case) , i keep 4gb as virtual memory

i have tried all the tips you have recommended on similar issues (Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup ,sfc /scannow , Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth , sfc /scannow , Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase) and still nothing happen. Just before i wrote this msg i tried turning off indexing and search properties on all my hdd's still the problem persists

WinDirStat shows 75,3gb should be my total C:\Drive usage , then a 7-8gb system files + 4gb virtual memory + 4,5gb system protection should be the typical usage. What can i do to avoid to fresh windows install ? i have tons of vst installed and folders set up just as i wanted so i can get some work done , it would really save my life if you can give me a solution without having to do a clean re-install. Thank you all

145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved [​IMG]

:)

JohnDoumba, Sep 30, 2019

2. No space on hard drive due to system reserved patition and installer files

Hi Ruth,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system files or memory full. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• What is the exact error message?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of your hard drive status.

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article of Andre Da Costa:
    How to free up disk space in Windows
    . It contains troubleshooting steps and explanation pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Sep 30, 2019
  4. 145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved

System and Reserved Files are taking too much space. 350GB

Hello,

The system and reserved files may continue to consume space due to a certain service log that could add to your system as a result of multiple operations. At this moment, we suggest that you run
    CHKDSK command prompt by following the steps below:

• Plug in your external hard drive, USB drive or memory card to PC.
    • Open Command Prompt; then, press Windows key + X button and select the
      Command Prompt (Admin) option.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdskE: /f /r. Here, you should replace E with the drive letter of your external hard drive or USB device.

Note: This operation will run CHKDSK to check and repair file system corruption, errors, corruptions or bad sectors on the external hard drive or USB disk.

It is also advisable to manually delete files in C:\Windows\Logs\CBS. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Clean Up Component-Based Servicing logs

Let us know the result and progress of your troubleshooting.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved

1. 145gb Missing Hard Drive Space due to System & Reserved - Similar Threads - 145gb Missing Hard

2. Why is System and Reserved Taking up so much hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is System and Reserved Taking up so much hard drive space?: I have a new computer a couple of weeks old, and it's become slow, slow, slow. So, in taking a look around I find that System and Reserved is taking up almost 40 GB of hard drive space. Why? Do I need Reserved, and if so, what for? 40 GB is almost 2/3 of used space...it seems...
  3. Why is System and Reserved Taking up so much hard drive space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is System and Reserved Taking up so much hard drive space?: I have a new computer a couple of weeks old, and it's become slow, slow, slow. So, in taking a look around I find that System and Reserved is taking up almost 40 GB of hard drive space. Why? Do I need Reserved, and if so, what for? 40 GB is almost 2/3 of used space...it seems...
  4. How to access system reserved hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access system reserved hard drive: I can't see the files inside the hard drive of my laptop when connecting it on another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-system-reserved-hard-drive/53c15eeb-2b66-4b49-b8cd-03f02394a72a
  5. How to access system reserved hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access system reserved hard drive: I can't see the files inside the hard drive of my laptop when connecting it on another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-system-reserved-hard-drive/53c15eeb-2b66-4b49-b8cd-03f02394a72a
  6. How to access system reserved hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Hard drive space shortage -- due to Dropbox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive space shortage -- due to Dropbox?: I'm getting messages that my hard drive is full. However 34.9 GB seems to be in a folder \Users\...\Dropbox. I thought Dropbox was in the cloud. Is this really space used on my local C drive? What, if anything, can/should I do to free up space?...
  8. Missing Space in System Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Space in System Drive: A month ago i have updated my windows 10 version to 2004. Post the update, there was a folder named windows.old which was consuming space in my C-Drive an SSD of about 238 GB roughly about 18-20GB, and its obvious that this folder is available in my system drive post an...
  9. Space on System Reserved E

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Space on System Reserved E: I keep getting every few minutes a warning that I am out of disk space on system reserved E. I have seen on the page ( I don't know what to call it ), but the icon for system reserved E shows a complete red line, it's full. I don't know how to get rid of the problem and get...
  10. Missing internal hard drive space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing internal hard drive space: I have a 500GB internal hard drive but only 1.45GB free space. The folder inside only occupying 95.5GB. There are no hidden files. Where is my 345.5GB free space? Help needed desperately. [img] 68209