Windows 10: 1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

Discus and support 1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Spoke to microsoft support and was referred to post something here to be seen by a technician as they were unable to resolve my issue. The reference... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HannahWilds, Sep 8, 2019.

1. 1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

Spoke to microsoft support and was referred to post something here to be seen by a technician as they were unable to resolve my issue. The reference number to the conversation is listed above in the subject (1482589321). In summary my old account was compromised and so I deleted it (hence it no longer exists) however I am still logged into it as an admistrator account on my laptop and would like to replace this account with a different one I have made.

:)

HannahWilds, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

replace device administrator

Hi Aryan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may follow the steps listed below to convert a standard account to an administrator account:

• Login to the existing administrator account.
    • Press ‘Win + R’ keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box:
      netplwiz
    • Highlight the standard account.
    • Click on ‘Properties’ and ‘Group Membership’.
    • Click the radio button for ‘Administrator’ and select ‘Apply’ > ‘OK’.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 8, 2019
  4. angus Win User

1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

1. 1482589321 - Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop - Similar Threads - 1482589321 Replace administrator

2. My Personal Microsoft account no longer exists and new random account replaces it on my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Personal Microsoft account no longer exists and new random account replaces it on my...: One day when I turned on my computer, the user profile picture had changed from the previous one to one ive never seen before. a drawing of a carrot. The name was still my name however when I went to check the email it had changed to something else ive never seen before. So I...
  3. My Personal Microsoft account no longer exists and new random account replaces it on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Personal Microsoft account no longer exists and new random account replaces it on my...: One day when I turned on my computer, the user profile picture had changed from the previous one to one ive never seen before. a drawing of a carrot. The name was still my name however when I went to check the email it had changed to something else ive never seen before. So I...
  4. My Personal Microsoft account no longer exists and new random account replaces it on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  6. Minecraft account no longer exists.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft account no longer exists.: When I migrated my Minecraft account I requested to change my email address associated with my Mojang account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I was given this link...
  7. admin account email no longer exists

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin account email no longer exists: The email account for the administrator of the pc no longer exists how do you update administrator account email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/admin-account-email-no-longer-exists/35f4f367-3dd5-4c87-9750-e0974b74393c
  8. Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator account useid no longer exist and needs to be changed: I no longer have the account that was setup as my microsoft administrator userid and I would like to change it from charter,net to google. Seems no way to do this without creating a new account. Former userid: charter,net no longer exists so can not verify account Want to...
  9. Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Replace administrator account (that no longer exists) from laptop: Spoke to microsoft support and was referred to post something here to be seen by a technician as they were unable to resolve my issue. The reference number to the conversation is listed above in the subject (xxxxxxxxxxx). In summary my old account was compromised and so I...
  10. Homegroup: Password from account that no longer appears to exist

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup: Password from account that no longer appears to exist: My windows 10 was set up locally only - I did not use a Microsoft account. Yesterday I set up Windows 2 step verification. I also logged in to some odds and ends as required during the day. When I turned my desktop on today I was unexpectedly prompted for my windows live...