Windows 10: 15 GBs used by system and reserved?

Discus and support 15 GBs used by system and reserved? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've done everything other online sources told me to do, i cleaned the disk, but there is no windows update thing for windows 10. Why does it take up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kitloin, Oct 22, 2018.

1. kitloin Win User

15 GBs used by system and reserved?

I've done everything other online sources told me to do, i cleaned the disk, but there is no windows update thing for windows 10. Why does it take up so much space

:)

kitloin, Oct 22, 2018

2. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 22, 2018
  3. Anthony Gal, Oct 22, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Need to move/fix location of System Reserved partition

Lothar,

You will do multiple steps with Partition Wizard Free:

1. Shrink C: drive partition by 100 gb with the 100gb free at the end of it.
    2. "Resize/move" system reserved partition by removing all the free space in front of it (which should be 100gb after step 1), add the same free space to the end of it.
    3. Expand the F: drive partition into the 100gb free space which should now be at the front of it after step 2.

NavyLCDR, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

1. 15 GBs used by system and reserved? - Similar Threads - GBs used system

2. System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Reserved: This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday it jumped from 39.6 to 40.6 on just on storage self check in hp appso i need help...
  3. System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Reserved: This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday it jumped from 39.6 to 40.6 on just on storage self check in hp appso i need help...
  4. System & Reserved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved: Hello, My system & reserved is taking up 67 Gbs is this normal? Thanks, Owen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reserved/266958ca-14a0-443d-8338-787466d90ada
  5. System Reserved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Reserved: Can anyone tell me what ‘System Reserved’ is in the Optimise drives window? I have just did a complete clean install of Windows 10 and finished doing all the updates. I always finish up an installation with a ‘check drive for errors’ and an Optimise the drive and I saw...
  6. System and Reserved

System and Reserved: For some odd reason it says on my laptop that it has 970GBs in System files is this something that can be fixed so I can have more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved/ec3c362e-ef97-4d90-826d-937510903cdc
  7. System and reserved taking 175 Gbs HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System and reserved taking 175 Gbs HELP: My friend has a 500 GB SSD and the system and reserved are taking 175 GB of his storage. We have tried the chkdsk /r and did nothing, we also tried disk cleanup and did nothing, he has also reinstalled windows submitted by /u/nikstylx [link] [comments]...
  8. System Reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Reserved: My System Reserved is 100% fragmented and that it needs Optimization, however I cannot get my computer to defragment this drive. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reserved/b54f174a-dba9-4e82-a43b-223b30c3a6d7
  9. System & Reserved

System & Reserved: So the majority of my disk space is taken up by System & Reserved as shown below. [ATTACH] I tried using Disk Cleanup, but it only cleaned up 8 MB. I do have WinDirStat, but the problem is I don't know which files are safe to delete. As I keep looking up each file and...
  10. System Reserved?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Reserved?: Hi All Have been trying to find out, in Disc management why I have one HDD showing it System Reserved. I think it was my old system drive and may have had Win 7 on. Many Thanks for any help Alan [img] 27957