Windows 10: 15MAY2020 Windows Update Failure. Blue Screen of Advanced Options that Fail

Discus and support 15MAY2020 Windows Update Failure. Blue Screen of Advanced Options that Fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was warned about need to UPDATE and RESTART repeatedly so I allowed and now have no access to my OS. Blue Screen appeared to CHOOSE KEYBOARD. Then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LAURAMEDEIROS, May 21, 2020.

1. 15MAY2020 Windows Update Failure. Blue Screen of Advanced Options that Fail

I was warned about need to UPDATE and RESTART repeatedly so I allowed and now have no access to my OS.

Blue Screen appeared to CHOOSE KEYBOARD. Then 2 CHOICES ONLY. Troubleshoot OR Turn off your PC.

Troubleshoot>2 CHOICES Recovery Manager OR Advanced Options.

RECOVERY MANAGER with HP is ENDLESS LOOP offering only to install from backups located in Texas.

Advanced Options> 6 CHOICES >

1 Startup Repair which fails.

2Command Prompt which I do not understand

3 Uninstall Updates>with Uninstall latest Quality update & Uninstall latest feature update. BOTH FAIL

4 UEFI Firmware Settings. I do not understand how to use. NO NEW FIRMWARE.

5 System Restore > Results in a DIALOGUE BOX Titled "System Restore" with RED X, verbiage-Para1-"To use System Restore, you must first specify which Windows installation to restore", Para2-"Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore." NO WAY TO DO THIS AS I CANNOT GET INTO MY PC. I therefore must CLOSE the DIALOGUE BOX. THIS RESULTS IN GOING ALL THE WAY BACK OUT TO after SELECTING KEYBOARD, 2 Options of Troubleshoot OR Turn off the PC. Therefore back to TROUBLESHOOT > then ADVANCED OPTIONS.

6 FINAL CHOICE. System Image Recovery. Unsure of this PROCESS.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO BACK DOOR INTO MY OS? I DO HAVE MCAFEE which I recently searched to see complaints trying to solve my issue so I will UNINSTALL if I can ever recover my PC. I CANNOT AFFORD TIME TO REINSTALL ALL SOFTWARE as TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE. Any other options. Happily then DISABLE the UPDATE and UNINSTALLING but I need to get into my PC.

ALSO, I do not have SAFE MODE option. DO I FORCE BY STOPPING PC during STARTUP 3 times to get SAFE MODE? Even so, then I have no idea what to do

ADVANCED COVID19 Travel and Quarantine AT HOME helping elderly family. Backups at home in Texas.

:)

LAURAMEDEIROS, May 21, 2020

2. Kernel Security Check Failure Blue screen after Windows 10 creator update

Hi,

Kernel Security Check Failure error is usually due to memory, driver incompatibility or possible system data corruption. We suggest that you follow the steps suggested on the link below to help you troubleshoot your blue screen issues:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, May 21, 2020
  3. Error. Blue Screen

Hi,

In addition to the above mentioned solutions by Community members, I would like to add the following:

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, May 21, 2020
  4. 15MAY2020 Windows Update Failure. Blue Screen of Advanced Options that Fail

Blue screen issue on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• Could you please provide the make/model of your laptop?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting
    in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, May 21, 2020
Thema:

15MAY2020 Windows Update Failure. Blue Screen of Advanced Options that Fail

1. 15MAY2020 Windows Update Failure. Blue Screen of Advanced Options that Fail - Similar Threads - 15MAY2020 Update Failure

2. STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS: I need help! My Asus laptop is stuck on this inescapable advanced options blue screen where NOTHING WORKS I have windows 10 on an Asus laptopThe options are:1. Startup repair2. Startup settings 3. Command prompt 4. Uninstall updates 5. UEFI 6. System restore none of the...
  3. STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS: I need help! My Asus laptop is stuck on this inescapable advanced options blue screen where NOTHING WORKS I have windows 10 on an Asus laptopThe options are:1. Startup repair2. Startup settings 3. Command prompt 4. Uninstall updates 5. UEFI 6. System restore none of the...
  4. STUCK ON "ADVANCED OPTIONS BLUE SCREEN" NO OPTION WORKS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  6. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  7. Blue screen failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen failure: I get the blue screen failure on the shutdown. Then I install the windows 7 upgrade and I lose spider solitaire. P;easr help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-failure/20a7373d-d035-4944-a52c-d6236fdd8e07
  8. Windows update advanced options freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update advanced options freezing: I clicked on windows update advanced options and it freezes the settings. I tried searching it in the start menu of windows 10 and clicked "Windows Update Advanced Options" and it brings me to the windows update options and the same thing happens when i click advanced...
  9. Failed update and blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Failed update and blue screens: i am getting this error message: 2020-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based Systems KB4566782 - Error 0x800f0900 my laptop has also started giving me blue screens with error message "stop code MEMORY MANAGEMENT" How do i solve these?...
  10. Help with Windows Update Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Windows Update Advanced Options: I attempt to turn on automatically download updates option, and the on button switches to off without me clicking anything. I have windows 10 1803 How do I fix this, so I can be ready for the future upgrades for the windows 10 versions that come up....