Windows 10: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization....

Discus and support 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization.... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have this problem when trying to run a 16 bit application. I saw a previous post with a link to how to modify the registry to fix the problem but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GregOReilly, Apr 8, 2019.

1. 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization....

I have this problem when trying to run a 16 bit application. I saw a previous post with a link to how to modify the registry to fix the problem but when I clicked on the link it comes back as not found. This is not a program I run all the time so the last time it worked was in mid 2018. Can anyone helpme with this problem? The failing program is apvdd.dll.

:)

GregOReilly, Apr 8, 2019

2. C:\windows\system32\drivers\vdd\apvdd.dll An Installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL Initialization. Choose Close to terminate the application

I still have a 16 bit program that needs to run.

It has run in every version of Windows 32-bit computer up until Windows 10 1803 release which installed this month.

Receiving an error in a pop up box:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

C:\windows\system32\drivers\vdd\apvdd.dll. An Installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL Initialization.
    Choose Close to terminate the application

What do I need to do to fix the Virtual Device Driver

FrustratedUser Bill, Apr 8, 2019
  3. MS-DOS 16-bit error

Hi, HorstTruestedt

My name is Kathleen and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/305521...

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

KahtleenTasman85, Apr 8, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization....

DaveM121, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization....

1. 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization.... - Similar Threads - bit DOS Subsystem

2. Drivers per ms dos 7.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers per ms dos 7.1: Salve, volevo chiedere se fosse possibile installare drivers usb 3.0 e cd-rom su ms dos 7.1 in tal caso come e dove posso scaricarli/installarli? Grazie. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-per-ms-dos-71/80cac042-3fb3-478f-9d91-fefc2487a5eb
  3. Drivers per ms dos 7.1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers per ms dos 7.1: Salve, volevo chiedere se fosse possibile installare drivers usb 3.0 e cd-rom su ms dos 7.1 in tal caso come e dove posso scaricarli/installarli? Grazie. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-per-ms-dos-71/80cac042-3fb3-478f-9d91-fefc2487a5eb
  4. Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running a 16 bit application on windows 10 32 bit give a 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem Error: We have an application that uses 16 bit drivers to process the data it has taken in today. We get the following error when trying to open our program 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem C:\[path to program]\RPROCOUT.exe An application has attempted to load a 16-bit Dos device driver,...
  5. MS-Dos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS-Dos: How do you download MS-Dos.iso? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-dos/8fdefe74-ac15-4358-83b3-f8135c5fa4e2
  6. No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program: I'm trying to install a 16-bit program in Windows 10. The OS is 32 bit. I've enabled NTVDM. I've ticked the boxes in the compatability tab for screen res, run as admin, disable full screen. I've tried running the installer in compatabilty mode for Win 95, Win 98, XP SP2 and...
  7. enable 16-bit subsystem on windows 10 v1803 64-bit

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable 16-bit subsystem on windows 10 v1803 64-bit: does anyone know of a way to enable the 16-bit subsystem in windows 10 64-bit or is that feature 32-bit only? I don't want to emulate or virtualise a 32-bit version of windows.......
  8. MS-DOS 16-bit error

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS-DOS 16-bit error: I have been running Windows 10 and others before without problem. Suddenly, today, I get an error message when trying to run some DOS programs. The error is: 16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem Command Prompt - program config.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and...
  9. how do I run 16-bit/ms-dos applications on 64-bit windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I run 16-bit/ms-dos applications on 64-bit windows 10?: I want to run some 16-bit applications but I got this error: This app can't run on your PC and it was a 16-bit application. the same error happened when I tried to open a ms-dos application. compatibility mode won't work. what do I do to make them run?...
  10. C:\windows\system32\drivers\vdd\apvdd.dll An Installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C:\windows\system32\drivers\vdd\apvdd.dll An Installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL...: I still have a 16 bit program that needs to run. It has run in every version of Windows 32-bit computer up until Windows 10 1803 release which installed this month. Receiving an error in a pop up box: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem...