Windows 10: 16 bit system

Discus and support 16 bit system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I am trying to turn my windows 10 pc to a 16 bit system so I can play old pc video games on it. This website tells you what to do to make a 16 bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by robert 949, Feb 8, 2020.

1. 16 bit system

Hi I am trying to turn my windows 10 pc to a 16 bit system so I can play old pc video games on it. This website tells you what to do to make a 16 bit system. https://www.groovypost.com/howto/enable-16-bit-application-support-windows-10/ In to website it says Configure 16-bit Application Support in Windows 10
    16 Bit support will require enabling the NTVDM feature. To do so, press Windows key + R then type: optionalfeatures.exe then hit Enter. Expand Legacy Components then check off NTVDM and click OK. If you look at the picture on the website it shows Legacy components and below that it says Directplay and below that is NTVDM. But on my system when I do the same thing it just shows Legacy Components and then below that it says directplay but there is no NTVDM below the directplay. So I cannot check it. Thanks, for the help

:)

robert 949, Feb 8, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

No Input Devices when Installing 16-bit Program

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that when you are trying to install a 16-bit program you are unable to use the keyboard or mouse, we will look into this for you. However, we would like to know which application are you trying to install.

As you have already tried installing the program in Compatibility mode and enabled NTVDM, I suggest you to change the properties for Command Prompt and check if that allows you to install the program.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Command Prompt.
    2. Right click on the title Command Prompt and click on
      Properties.
    3. Select the checkbox for Use legacy console (requires relaunch) and click on
      OK.
    4. Close and re-open Command Prompt.
    Now, trying installing the program.

If you are using Windows 10 Pro, you can use Group Policy editor to change the settings for 16-bit applications. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type gpedit.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Now, expand Computer Configuration.
    4. Expand Administrative templates and then,
      Windows Components.
    5. Click on Application Compatibility.
    6. On the right-pane, double click on Prevent access to 16-bit applications.
    7. Click on Disabled and click on
      OK
    8. If prompted, restart the computer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on installing 16-bit applications to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Windows 10 - change from 8-bit to 16-bit

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know, if you are trying to run the program in Windows 10 as Reduced color mode from 8-bit to 16-bit, or you are trying to change the video settings within the software itself?

If you are trying to run the software in reduce color mode, you can follow the steps below.

Method 1: Change Reduced color mode through compatibility settings.

1. Right click on the program icon.
    2. Click on Properties
    3. Click on Compatibility tab.
    4. Check Reduced color mode from the settings.
    5. Change the color mode from
      8-bit color to 16-bit color

Method 2: Edit Video with Roxio.

If you are trying to change the settings within the software, I suggest you refer this article to

edit video with Roxio

If you have any further question regarding the settings on the software, I suggest you get in touch with the
    Roxio Support, for better solution.

Additional information:
    Editing and Enhancing with Roxio

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 8, 2020
  4. 16 bit system

Windows 16-bit

Dear,

I have tried to install Windows 8.1 on my Lumia 550 by entered a SD card as an installation disk and reboot but it doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me that can I install Windows on 16-bit devices as my phone and if it possible, tell me step-by-step how to do it?

Thank you for read and answered.

MinhPhan Hai, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

16 bit system

1. 16 bit system - Similar Threads - bit system

2. "Why am I unable to install updates on my 64-bit Windows 7 system despite trying various...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Why am I unable to install updates on my 64-bit Windows 7 system despite trying various...: i cannot install any update in windows 7 . my system is 64 bit . i tried all possible solution from microsoft communities . but nothing happened . i installed the update KB3102810 and KB3138612 but all time showing " your update is not applicable from your computer " i reset...
  3. "Why am I unable to install updates on my 64-bit Windows 7 system despite trying various...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Why am I unable to install updates on my 64-bit Windows 7 system despite trying various...: i cannot install any update in windows 7 . my system is 64 bit . i tried all possible solution from microsoft communities . but nothing happened . i installed the update KB3102810 and KB3138612 but all time showing " your update is not applicable from your computer " i reset...
  4. can I upgrade my all in one 1.0 gh processor and 4 bit and 1 terabyte system windows 8 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade my all in one 1.0 gh processor and 4 bit and 1 terabyte system windows 8 to...: I have an Acer Aspire Z all in one its capabilites are 4 and a tarabyte. its has a 1.90 gh processor. it runs windows 8.1 can i jump immeidiately to windows 11....
  5. can I upgrade my all in one 1.0 gh processor and 4 bit and 1 terabyte system windows 8 to...

can I upgrade my all in one 1.0 gh processor and 4 bit and 1 terabyte system windows 8 to...: I have an Acer Aspire Z all in one its capabilites are 4 and a tarabyte. its has a 1.90 gh processor. it runs windows 8.1 can i jump immeidiately to windows 11....
  6. i have a 64 bit system iwont to play a32 bit game it wont download what do i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a 64 bit system iwont to play a32 bit game it wont download what do i do: how do i play 32 bit game on a 64 bit system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-64-bit-system-iwont-to-play-a32-bit-game/020a9334-189a-4f8d-8ac6-68c5bff1c181
  7. i have a 64 bit system iwont to play a32 bit game it wont download what do i do

i have a 64 bit system iwont to play a32 bit game it wont download what do i do: how do i play 32 bit game on a 64 bit system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-64-bit-system-iwont-to-play-a32-bit-game/020a9334-189a-4f8d-8ac6-68c5bff1c181
  8. My system is not coming, even after inputting the bit locker recovery id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My system is not coming, even after inputting the bit locker recovery id: Have been trying to restart since yesterday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-is-not-coming-even-after-inputting-the/25c13f50-9e5f-4289-8bc5-06d11257094a
  9. My system is not coming, even after inputting the bit locker recovery id

My system is not coming, even after inputting the bit locker recovery id: Have been trying to restart since yesterday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-is-not-coming-even-after-inputting-the/25c13f50-9e5f-4289-8bc5-06d11257094a
  10. bit locker key is missing and cannot trace. System prompting for it. What to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bit locker key is missing and cannot trace. System prompting for it. What to do?: bit locker key is missing and cannot trace. System prompting for it. What to do? I was using MS office on it and its user id and password I have....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot run ntvdm in windows

2. How do I enable Ntvdm Windows 10 Home

3. enable NTVDM on Windows 10 Home