Windows 10: 16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.

Discus and support 16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi here's my specs first off: MPG X570 MSI Gaming Plus Motherboard 2x8 GB Patriot Viper 3000mhz RAM sticks AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 6 core processor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TobachNigh, Jun 15, 2020.

1. 16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.

Hi here's my specs first off:

MPG X570 MSI Gaming Plus Motherboard

2x8 GB Patriot Viper 3000mhz RAM sticks

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 6 core processor

GeForce EVGA RTX graphics card

CX750M PSU Corsair

USB 3.1 Gen 2 PCIe Allegro

Captain 240RGB V2 CPU Cooler

My problem:

I have 2x8 GB of RAM installed and my BIOS only shows 8 GB or memory it is using. But it also shows that the two 8 GB sticks are installed, 8 GB in one slot and 8 GB in the other. So it looks like it is registering it to me. But only using 8? I was looking for a way to free up the other 8 GB of ram being used for hardware, drivers, and other peripheral devices I am unsure how to take screen shots on my keyboard yet or else I would show a screen shot of the task manager showing how much space the 8 GB is taking up for this. I have tried un-clicking,clicking, maxed memory and restarting my computer. I have tried selecting no page files or what ever its called and restarting the computer. I have done a CPUID test and no errors found. I haven't yet cleaned the terminals I am going to try that. I don't know if that's the problem? I cannot find any options in my BIOS to do anything about this. I am afraid to by extra RAM as I am thinking my BIOS will swallow up another 8 GB for the hardware, drivers, and other peripheral devices just for the fun of it I have seen in other forums people having had this problem with multiple sticks. I have tried cleaning my disk catch I just installed a new hybrid HDD and a copy of windows on a USB flash-drive onto it a while ago. Windows doesn't seem to have the power to override this action that is happening. I had the same problem with my old system before I built this one but I just went into max memory and checked that and it went away. I seemed to have tried more but have forgotten. It's been a lot and am at a loss. I would like to know what I aught to do. Because basically I want to know if this is a problem for me or not? Should I just let the locked in memory sit there and be used and/or just buy extra memory sticks? Thanks!

:)

TobachNigh, Jun 15, 2020

2. how to upgrade Ram from 8 to 16 gb?

Hey Madan. This is not a Windows issue or Microsoft issue but I'll try to help.

To go from 8 GB RAM to 16 GB. You will have to actually purchase COMPATIBLE 16 GB sticks of RAM then install them. Dell Inspiron might have more information on what kind of RAM is compatible with your PC.

Getting more RAM is not a simple troubleshooting fix and if you are on a laptop, it might be impossible.

Zackary Vanosdol, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Computer only detecting 8 GB of RAM instead of 16 GB

So I recently reinstalled Windows 10 for a fresh new start. It seemed alright at first, until I found out that the new Windows 10 is only detecting 8 GB of installed Ram when I actually have 16 installed. But it keeps telling me I have only 8 GB installed.
    What should I do? Fix it from BIOS or what? I have been hours trying to fix it.

AbrahamValdes, Jun 15, 2020
  4. POMihai Win User

16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.

16 GB RAM Installed (15,9 GB Usabble)

I bought a new desktop computer with an i7 4790 and 16 BG RAM, but the computer itself uses just 15,9 gb ram.

How can i fix this?

POMihai, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it.

1. 16 GB of Ram installed hardware hijacking 8 GB of it. - Similar Threads - Ram installed hardware

2. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  3. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram: why my hardware reserved 2.0 GB ,how it decrease? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hardware-reserved-20-gb-of-the-8-gb-ram/1d8f8c02-9ca3-4c1f-9fce-36123c120d46
  4. hardware reserved 2.0 GB of the 8 GB ram

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  6. 8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    8 GB RAM, But 7.78 GB Unusable.: Hello, So I Wanted To Know if I Can Use My Unusable RAM, Or Not, Because I Have Lot's Of Work, And I Want To Use The Unusable RAM, is There any way how to do it?...
  7. I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb: I had 8gb of RAM and decided to get another 8gb of RAM. After the installation I went on task manager > processes and it says I have 16 gb of memory, but below that it says memory usage 7.9 gb. Also at the bottom it says hardware reserved 8.1 gb and in all my games its says I...
  8. More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than 6 GB of RAM of 16 GB missing: I have a fast W10 64bit 16GB RAM pc. Task Manager shows me around 900 MB used for Me as as user, no other user accounts on the pc, the list I can see also adds up to around that, "Everything" taking around 470 MB, Antimalware 140 MB, Windows Explorer 42 MB, etc., it quickly...
  9. 16 GB RAM Installed 15,9 GB Usabble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16 GB RAM Installed 15,9 GB Usabble: I bought a new desktop computer with an i7 4790 and 16 BG RAM, but the computer itself uses just 15,9 gb ram. How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/16-gb-ram-installed-159-gb-usabble/ba15b38a-8903-479e-bcf0-d5b0ead7f442
  10. 8 GB RAM installed but only 3.23 GB usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8 GB RAM installed but only 3.23 GB usable: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7 Home. And I replaced my 4 RAM sticks with 8 GB RAM but my system shows : Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (3.23 GB usable). Please advise if anyone knows how to fix this. [img] 24275