Windows 10: 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

Discus and support 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ArkaChowdhury, Apr 24, 2022.

1. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the maximum resolution in my main monitor but when I put that resolution in windows the display shrinks and shifts towards left. Also in 1400 x 900 the underlines under open apps in taskbar cuts off as if the bottom border is not visible.CPU- AMD Ryzen 2600 GPU-GTX 1660 super

:)

ArkaChowdhury, Apr 24, 2022
  2. TeamK5 Win User

Black border around monitor

I tried the steps you suggested and it did not change anything regarding the black border. I am trying to come up with a better explanation, the information on my screen has a black frame around the information on my screen. The display does not go from
    corner to corner of my display monitor. There is a 1 inch thick black bar on the left and right sides and a 1/2 inch thick black bar on the top and bottom. I attached the screen shot per your request but it is only showing the information on the screen up
    to the black frame. I can get rid of the black frame by going to a lower resolution but I didn't think that is the right solution. I should be able to upgrade to windows 10 and still have the recommended resolution for my monitor.
    1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom c42c231f-af15-4761-9ce5-5f55905843b8.png

TeamK5, Apr 24, 2022
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Apr 24, 2022
  4. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

black border

Hi Adele,

For us to isolate your concern with the black border on your computer, we would like to know the following:

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of the black border.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

1. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom - Similar Threads - 1600X900 resolution shifts

2. Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen: *Sorry for my bad english*Windows 10I have an asus VG258q monitor.As the title says my screen is reflecting the top part to the bottom part.I already tried to update/uninstall my graphics drivers, monitor drivers, changing resolutions, changing monitor hz, creating new...
  3. Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen: *Sorry for my bad english*Windows 10I have an asus VG258q monitor.As the title says my screen is reflecting the top part to the bottom part.I already tried to update/uninstall my graphics drivers, monitor drivers, changing resolutions, changing monitor hz, creating new...
  4. Screen top part reflects to the bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snapping windows to the top and bottom of the screen: Hey all,As part of my setup in my office, I have one monitor rotated 180 to use in portrait mode. Something I have not been able to figure out is if you can snap a window to the top or bottom half of the screen as you would snap to the left or right on a landscape screen. Is...
  6. Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does microsoft have a hard on for 1600x900 resolution?: I used to happily enjoy 1600x900 monitor resolution. Sadly, that has disappeared from my PC. I suspect a windows 10 pro update somewhere along the way but can't pin that down with Microsoft. What's the straight skinny here about 1600x900 resolution and windows 10 pro?...
  7. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom: I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the maximum resolution in my main monitor but when I put that resolution in windows the display shrinks and shifts towards left....
  8. 1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom

in Windows 10 Customization
    1600X900 resolution shifts screen with black borders on top and bottom: I have a 2 monitor setup. One is in 1366 x 768 and other in 1440 x 900 which is my main monitor. When I installed Ubuntu I saw that 1600x900 is the maximum resolution in my main monitor but when I put that resolution in windows the display shrinks and shifts towards left....
  9. Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bottom of screen flickering the top of the screen: Hello, I am having a similar problem to this question asked, but on my surface pro 4 device's monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickering-at-the-half-bottom-of-the-screen/57e0df49-cfb1-41a5-8fb0-688fc1fead3d However none of the...
  10. BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN: Hi A black border has appeared at the left edge of my screen. It has done this before and usually turning the PC off and on again would solve the problem. however this time it refuses to leave. I have fiddled about with the display settings and it did nothing. I also...