Windows 10: 165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

Discus and support 165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have an Acer EI322QUR monitor which is 165Hz. Today I noticed that the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz and I am not able to change it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ammar', Mar 4, 2024.

1. Ammar' Win User

165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

Hello, I have an Acer EI322QUR monitor which is 165Hz. Today I noticed that the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz and I am not able to change it in settings or NVIDIA's control panel. Something similar to this has happened before when the monitors refresh rate randomly changed back to 60Hz from 165Hz but I was able to change it back to 165Hz when that happened which I am currently not able to do. If someone could please help that would mean a lot.

:)

Ammar', Mar 4, 2024
  2. zhu jiang Win User

The extended mode refresh rate is the highest?

Hi Dave:

Thanks for your help !

Clone mode : the screens refresh rate DRR 120/60Hz the second monitor refresh rate 60Hz.

extend mode: the screens refresh rate 165Hz the second monitor refresh rate 60Hz.

the second monitor only one refresh rate 60Hz.

I want to know ,why my screen refresh rate change to 165Hz in extend mode , noway the second monitor.

thank!

zhu jiang, Mar 4, 2024
  3. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

Hello Mosken,

I fixed the issue, i dont how but the resolution had change on nvidia control panel to UHD/FHD and the monitor was stuck at 60hz, changed the resolution to normal and now im getting the 165hz.

Thank you for you help.

Best regards and happy new year!

Egzon Aliu, Mar 4, 2024
  4. 165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

Hello everyone,

I have an Acer Nitro EI242QRP which is a 165hz monitor, I previously had Windows 11 before facing this issue, I just got back to Windows 10 and I see that my refresh rate is stuck at 65Hz, this never happened before. When I first bought the monitor I was stuck at 144Hz but that was because I needed a DP cable to DP on both sides to get 165Hz and never had any problems until now that I downgraded to Windows 10. I updated the graphic drivers to the latest still same problem. Changed the cable to another DP still same issue. Any ideas on how I can fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Egzon Aliu, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

1. 165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz - Similar Threads - 165Hz monitors refresh

2. Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: I just bought a brand new LG Ultrawide 1440p monitor capable of up to 160Hz, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get a higher option than 60Hz. I've updated my Iris Xe and the LG drivers with no luck. I have a Surface Laptop 4 connected to a Thinkpad USB-C Gen 1 docking...
  3. Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just got a new monitor and the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: I just bought a brand new LG Ultrawide 1440p monitor capable of up to 160Hz, and no matter how hard I try I cannot get a higher option than 60Hz. I've updated my Iris Xe and the LG drivers with no luck. I have a Surface Laptop 4 connected to a Thinkpad USB-C Gen 1 docking...
  4. 165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz

165Hz monitors refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz: Hello, I have an Acer EI322QUR monitor which is 165Hz. Today I noticed that the refresh rate is stuck at 60Hz and I am not able to change it in settings or NVIDIA's control panel. Something similar to this has happened before when the monitors refresh rate randomly changed...
  5. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz: Hello everyone, I have an Acer Nitro EI242QRP which is a 165hz monitor, I previously had Windows 11 before facing this issue, I just got back to Windows 10 and I see that my refresh rate is stuck at 65Hz, this never happened before. When I first bought the monitor I was stuck...
  6. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz: Hello everyone, I have an Acer Nitro EI242QRP which is a 165hz monitor, I previously had Windows 11 before facing this issue, I just got back to Windows 10 and I see that my refresh rate is stuck at 65Hz, this never happened before. When I first bought the monitor I was stuck...
  7. Monitor Refresh Rate stuck at 60Hz

8. Any refresh rate above 60hz horizontal lines on monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any refresh rate above 60hz horizontal lines on monitor: HelloMy last question/posting was about a problem I was having where a constant black screen was covering most of the desktop except for a small strip at the very top of my monitor that was clear.After following suggestions posted as answers to the question I ended up...
  9. Screen refresh rate changing from 165hz to 60hz when charger is unplugged.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen refresh rate changing from 165hz to 60hz when charger is unplugged.: Hi wondering if there is anything i can do to prevent my screen refresh rate from changing everytime i unplug my charger from my MSI GP66 laptop. I've tried changing power settings but it still doesnt work. Im on windows 11 btw....
  10. Screen refresh rate changing from 165hz to 60hz when charger is unplugged.

Screen refresh rate changing from 165hz to 60hz when charger is unplugged.: Hi wondering if there is anything i can do to prevent my screen refresh rate from changing everytime i unplug my charger from my MSI GP66 laptop. I've tried changing power settings but it still doesnt work. Im on windows 11 btw....