Windows 10: 16Bit programme using NTVDM on Win10 32Bit cannot see shared printers

Discus and support 16Bit programme using NTVDM on Win10 32Bit cannot see shared printers in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a 16bit programme that is very important to us and is in use in multiple locations. Normally we use Windows XP but recently many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesChubb, Oct 11, 2016.

1. 16Bit programme using NTVDM on Win10 32Bit cannot see shared printers

Hello all,

I have a 16bit programme that is very important to us and is in use in multiple locations. Normally we use Windows XP but recently many clients want to upgrade to Windows 10. We have found that the programme works well on Windows 10 32Bit using NTVDM, but it is unable to "see" any shared printers. That is to say, the printers can be seen in the Command Prompt using NETVIEW and the printers are listed as we would expect, but they cannot be seen by the 16Bit programme.

I'm hoping that this might be a problem that somebody else has already resolved somehow. All thoughts and suggestions welcomed *Smile

Cheers, James

:)

JamesChubb, Oct 11, 2016
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Unable to install a program in Comaptibility mode in Windows 10

Was your Win7 32bit ? If so your problem may be due to the program using a 16bit installer.
    16bit installers are compatible with 32bit Windows, but not 64 bit Windows.

- Assuming you are using 64bit Win10, if you have access to another machine that uses 32bit Windows

(or if you still have this program installed on any other machine, or backup HDD) you can install to that

machine and there is a good chance it will work on Win10 if you copy it from the 32bit machine to your Win10.

BossDweeb, Oct 11, 2016
  3. HairyFool Win User
    64 bit window 10 problem

You cannot run 16 bit programs on 64 bit Windows platforms.

SysWOW64 which is the emulator only allows 32bit not 16, NTVDM is not included with x64

HairyFool, Oct 11, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

16Bit programme using NTVDM on Win10 32Bit cannot see shared printers

EdTittel, Oct 11, 2016
  5. JamesChubb, Oct 11, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    You're welcome. Printing from VMs and/or emulators is always an interesting proposition.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

16Bit programme using NTVDM on Win10 32Bit cannot see shared printers

1. 16Bit programme using NTVDM on Win10 32Bit cannot see shared printers - Similar Threads - 16Bit programme using

2. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB cannot see shared printer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB cannot see shared printer on Windows 11: We got an extra computer running 10ELTSB and it works for everything we need it to, except communicating to a shared printer. It was initially configured to run a program for x-rays, so pretty much everything was default fresh install + xray program.First I have tried...
  3. Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB cannot see shared printer on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB cannot see shared printer on Windows 11: We got an extra computer running 10ELTSB and it works for everything we need it to, except communicating to a shared printer. It was initially configured to run a program for x-rays, so pretty much everything was default fresh install + xray program.First I have tried...
  4. Permissions to Execute 16bit Applications in Windows 10 32bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions to Execute 16bit Applications in Windows 10 32bit: I am running Windows 10 Pro 32bit in a virtual machine. NTVDM + Direct Play under Legacy Components in Windows Features are enabled. HLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat\VDMDisallowed is disabled. CMD is set to legacy console. The system was rebooted post...
  5. Permissions to Execute 16bit Applications in Windows 10 32bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permissions to Execute 16bit Applications in Windows 10 32bit: I am running Windows 10 Pro 32bit in a virtual machine. NTVDM + Direct Play under Legacy Components in Windows Features are enabled. HLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\AppCompat\VDMDisallowed is disabled. CMD is set to legacy console. The system was rebooted post...
  6. Permissions to Execute 16bit Applications in Windows 10 32bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Win10 and 32bit O365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 and 32bit O365: Good Morning, I have ran into a bit of an issue. I am running Win10 64bit Enterprise. I have to install 32bit Office and give local admin rights on the PC. After I install 32bit Office, in the Local users and Groups the groups folder is missing all accounts so I cannot...
  8. Computer cannot see the shared folders

Computer cannot see the shared folders: My laptop runs Windows 10---1809 which cannot see the shared folders. I believe this problem has appeared since the last Windows update. I checked the Advanced sharing settings and verified the SMB1 protocol, everything looks ok...
  9. NTVDM not available

in Windows 10 Customization
    NTVDM not available: Hi, I'm trying to install a legacy game - Railroad Tycoon - on my Windows 10 laptop. Initially I got an "Unsupport 16-bit Application" error. I tried running setup.exe in compatibility mode under Windows 7 and Windows XP SP3. I got the same error. I then found this article on...
  10. Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another

Cannot see shares on one Win10 machine from another: I have Win10 installed on my laptop and also on a VirtualBox VM. I have several folders shared on the VM. When I try to view the shares on the VM from my laptop I get the Windows Security dialog and when I enter the username and password for the VM I get an invalid username...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntvdm windows 1809 ltp parallel printing

2. ntvdm windows 10 32bit