Windows 10: 16gb installed. Only 8gb usable.

Discus and support 16gb installed. Only 8gb usable. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have tried everything, but half of my memory is hardware reserved. My Specs. Asus P7P55D Pro 16 gb ram overclocked to 2000mhz intel i5 750 GTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaRealNoob7777, May 6, 2020.

1. 16gb installed. Only 8gb usable.

i have tried everything, but half of my memory is hardware reserved.

My Specs.

Asus P7P55D Pro

16 gb ram overclocked to 2000mhz

intel i5 750

GTX 650 ti

:)

DaRealNoob7777, May 6, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?

If you don't have already, go get a copy of CPUz and install/run. I was reading that others had this issue and it was showing that the mem was in single channel mode, not dual mode. That's a setting in BIOS/UEFI to enable Dual Mode. Since you just swapped your CPU, it may not be set to Dual. Easy check to rule this out.

CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID

I have 2 sticks of 16GB, and I show Dual and 32GB available.

16gb installed. Only 8gb usable. [​IMG]

f14tomcat, May 6, 2020
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Something else I just ran across.

Memory used by the Boot Process. It will use and release mem, unless this has a value, and then will reserve it. That's my understanding.

Run MSCONFIG, boot tab, advanced. Make sure the memory is 0 and box unchecked.

f14tomcat, May 6, 2020
  4. 16gb installed. Only 8gb usable.

So I double checked to see if my BIOS was fully updated by going to Support For 760GMA-P34 (FX) | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI USA. The weird thing is on their website they only state version "P.0" and "P.1". Though my computer shows it to be version 2.6?

- - - Updated - - -

Tried that and it didnt work *Sad

Jack Fruchtman, May 6, 2020
Thema:

16gb installed. Only 8gb usable.

1. 16gb installed. Only 8gb usable. - Similar Threads - 16gb installed 8gb

2. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  3. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64: have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.I have tried reseating the RAM modules.I have tried using...
  4. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64: have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.I have tried reseating the RAM modules.I have tried using...
  5. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. 32GB Installed 16GB Usable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    32GB Installed 16GB Usable: One month ago I upgraded from 16GB ram to 32GB ram. But since then it has said 32GB Installed memory 16GB usable and the other 16GB is in the hardware reserved.The motherboard does support 32GB ram and so does the processor. But I have tried these steps and still doesn't...
  7. 32GB Installed 16GB Usable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    32GB Installed 16GB Usable: One month ago I upgraded from 16GB ram to 32GB ram. But since then it has said 32GB Installed memory 16GB usable and the other 16GB is in the hardware reserved.The motherboard does support 32GB ram and so does the processor. But I have tried these steps and still doesn't...
  8. Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?: TL;DR: I have a full 16gb RAM installed, but Windows only ever seems to use 8gb of it. Why? I've filled up all 4 DIMMs with some memory - 4gb per. Windows 10 identifies all 16gb in Task Manager, but only ever "uses" 8gb of it - never a single byte more. This is despite me...
  9. 8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?: So For the Past 2 days I've been trying to fix my computer ever since I got a new Processor for Christmas. I've tried every solution and nothing has worked. Please help 1.Set VM to 0 in Boot Settings 2. Reduced VM in Performance settings 3.Checked my ram physically and...
  10. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ram useable 16 gb

2. 16gb ram 8gb usable fix

3. 16gb ram installed only 8gb usable

4. 8gb out of 16gb of ram is being used idle