Windows 10: 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

Discus and support 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rezi Pujoharsoyo, Nov 21, 2023.

1. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB. Please help

:)

Rezi Pujoharsoyo, Nov 21, 2023

2. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:

1. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.
    2. I have tried reseating the RAM modules.
    3. I have tried using different RAM modules.
    4. I have tried run-MSConfig
    I am still not able to use all 16GB of RAM. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

[Ahmed Hashem]

Ahmed Mahmoud Hashem 12P1129, Nov 21, 2023
  3. Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

Oh? It looks like if I buy a 16GB Ram upgrade i will only receive 15 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable? :p

AbAppletic, Nov 21, 2023
  4. BunnyJ Win User

16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

Yes.. Well.. you'll have 15Gb usable. Which is a lot, IMO. Right now you have 5Gb and that should be fine for normal usage.

BunnyJ, Nov 21, 2023
Thema:

16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

1. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable? - Similar Threads - 16GB RAM 5GB

2. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  3. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64: have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.I have tried reseating the RAM modules.I have tried using...
  4. 16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16GB RAM only 8GB usable on Windows 10 x64: have 16GB of RAM installed on my computer, but only 8GB is usable. I am running Windows 10 x64. I have tried the following steps to fix this issue, but they have not worked:I have updated the BIOS to the latest version.I have tried reseating the RAM modules.I have tried using...
  5. 32Gb Ram only 16Gb usable, what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    32Gb Ram only 16Gb usable, what to do?: Hello as described above I have 32GB installed but only 16GB usable, what can I do to make it all usable. [ATTACH] 32Gb Ram nur 16 Gb verwendbar, was tun?
  6. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  7. New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable

New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable: I just installed a 16GB ram into my computer and its showing only 3.9GB usable. I have been looking for solutions on how to fix this issue. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm not really an expert with computers. I just want to play Modern Warfare with stable frames!...
  8. New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable: I just installed a 16GB ram into my computer and its showing only 3.9GB usable. I have been looking for solutions on how to fix this issue. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm not really an expert with computers. I just want to play Modern Warfare with stable frames!...
  9. Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?

Only 5GB of 6GB of RAM usable?: Hello. I have a Lenovo G50-45 Windows 10 Professional 64-bit with a 64-bit AMD A8-6410 APU processor laptop.<br>I somewhy only have 5GB of ram usable when I have 6gb DDR3. I have unchecked maximum memory in msconfig, and have set the number of processors to 4, but still...
  10. Installed RAM 16GB (7.18 usable)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Installed RAM 16GB (7.18 usable): I have an HP Pavilion 500-246 that I got a great deal on at Office Max. I've been very happy with it, but I have a habit of opening multiple tabs in Firefox and it gets bogged down. I decided to add another 8 GB of RAM to the machine, and now even though the BIOS recognizes...