Windows 10: 16gb ram but only 7.93gb

Discus and support 16gb ram but only 7.93gb in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a 16gb ram and windows shows 2x8 but in the control panel it shows that 16gb 7.93 usable I tried everything but it didn't work I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Itztrusty99, Feb 5, 2021.

1. 16gb ram but only 7.93gb

I have a 16gb ram and windows shows 2x8 but in the control panel it shows that 16gb 7.93 usable I tried everything but it didn't work I noticed that the rest of the frame is used by HARDWARE RESERVED 8.1gb usable so the "hardware reserved" frame would be used by someone advise it to use 70mb or 100mb

:)

Itztrusty99, Feb 5, 2021
  2. asaper Win User

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit, 7.93gb RAM Usable, 16gb Found?

When I go into system information/task manager
    16gb ram but only 7.93gb [​IMG]

asaper, Feb 5, 2021
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    z97x gaming 5 with 16gb Ram

for sure. Th 1866 support will come from the IMC on the CPU, and the board will support 16GB easily. Check the motherboard manufacturer compatibility listing to be totally certain the brand of RAM will work.

Many additional brands will work, but have not been tested to make their list, so you'd be on your own if not on the list.

rtwjunkie, Feb 5, 2021
  4. pparks1 Win User

16gb ram but only 7.93gb

16gb ram vs 32gb ram Upgrade

8 GB's is what I would tell everybody to have as a minimum. For gamer or power user, I suggest going to 16GB of RAM. 32GB or more RAM I usually only see for people who are running lots of VM's, databases, or high end rendering type applications.

pparks1, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

16gb ram but only 7.93gb

1. 16gb ram but only 7.93gb - Similar Threads - 16gb ram 93gb

2. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  3. 16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    16GB of RAM but only 5GB is usable?: I have upgraded my ram in my windows 11 HP laptop from 8GB to 16GB. Recently I noticed that things are getting slower. When I checked in task manager, this is what it shows. It detects 16GB of RAM, but in the left hand side in the RAM tab you can see it shows 4.x GB/5.00GB....
  4. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  5. Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?: TL;DR: I have a full 16gb RAM installed, but Windows only ever seems to use 8gb of it. Why? I've filled up all 4 DIMMs with some memory - 4gb per. Windows 10 identifies all 16gb in Task Manager, but only ever "uses" 8gb of it - never a single byte more. This is despite me...
  6. 32Gb Ram only 16Gb usable, what to do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    32Gb Ram only 16Gb usable, what to do?: Hello as described above I have 32GB installed but only 16GB usable, what can I do to make it all usable. [ATTACH] 32Gb Ram nur 16 Gb verwendbar, was tun?
  7. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  8. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  9. New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New 16GB RAM only 3.9 GB usable: I just installed a 16GB ram into my computer and its showing only 3.9GB usable. I have been looking for solutions on how to fix this issue. Let me know if you need anything else. I'm not really an expert with computers. I just want to play Modern Warfare with stable frames!...
  10. Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only 7.93GB of 16GB of installed Ram available?: System Summary says only 4.13GB total physical memory. It is making it impossible to game. I ran the memory diagnostic tool and no problems were found. On Memtest86, the following error was the only one found: Unexpected Interrupt - Halting CPU0 Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ram useable 16 gb