Windows 10: 16Mbps WLan speed drop with Bluetooth on

Discus and support 16Mbps WLan speed drop with Bluetooth on in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am wondering if there is some problem with the Wlan Drivers / Windows. I have a Intel AC7260 Wlan card with BT. With BT off, I am achieving a speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adalwar, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

16Mbps WLan speed drop with Bluetooth on

I am wondering if there is some problem with the Wlan Drivers / Windows.
    I have a Intel AC7260 Wlan card with BT.
    With BT off, I am achieving a speed of around 7,6 MB/s while transferring files over Network .
    With BT on and no Device connected the speed stays at 7,6 MB/s.

Now, if I open Windows Settings>Manage Bluetooth the Wlan speed drops at once by around 2MB/s to around 5,2 MB/s and stays there. Once I close Settings, the speed goes at once up to the 7,6 MB/s.

Using the BT Device while transferring files the speed is 5,2 MB/s , no matter if Settings is open or not.

Seems that there is some problem with "Device Discovery" while it is not in Background.

:)

Adalwar, Sep 6, 2016

2. Download speeds over wifi considerably reduced

I'm getting reduced download speeds over wifi. LAN gets >40Mbps/16Mbps down/up while WLAN gets 1Mbps/16Mbps down/up (speedtest.net).

The speedtest starts relatively quick but then reduces speed. Shows same symptom when downloading a file in a browser.

Tried different PCE sockets, usb WLAN adpater, driver updates, MTU reduction to 1400, disable rsc, network settings reset, router reset, effect is not present on other wifi devices.

Windows 10 home 64bit

AMD Ryzen 1800x

Asus rog Hero vi x370

Asus PCE-AC56 adapter

see image for WLAN vs LAN speedtest results

16Mbps WLan speed drop with Bluetooth on [​IMG]

ChrisSnowdon1, Sep 6, 2016
  3. N8 not using propper apn

Hopefully a final update. Everything worked out great with internet2.voicestream.com. I now am trying internet3.voicestream.com.

Either its a glitch, but a 3g speed test showec 16mbps. Im sure its a glitch since hspa is only 10mbps.

evildragon---01, Sep 6, 2016
Thema:

16Mbps WLan speed drop with Bluetooth on

1. 16Mbps WLan speed drop with Bluetooth on - Similar Threads - 16Mbps WLan speed

2. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  3. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer speeds drops!!!: Starts off at 500mb/s, then drops to 300-400 which is understandable. But problem is when after it is at half, it drops drastically to 40mb/s and fluctuates there between 30 to 90. I am using 512 gb nvme m2 ssd. windows 10. and i am transferring those files from C drive to D...
  4. Transfer speeds drops!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Speed drop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Speed drop: I need help in a very strange situation. I subscribe to Turbobit and Nitroflare. I also use Free Download Manager. When I start a download via Turbobit, after about 5 minutes the download drops too much, less than 1% of my connection. My download rate is 100 Mbits / s (12...
  6. DL speed drop

DL speed drop: I run an internet speed test, it says I'm getting 40 mbps. When I start downloading an update for a game. It drops to 3.5 mbps. I'm confused to why. Anyone know why or can help me out?...
  7. Internet speed drops to half

Internet speed drops to half: Hello, its few months when I have this problem, and my provider said that my speed its not limited. But when I am downloading games (it happend with rockstar, and now with steam too) first 17gb its downloaded with normal speed, but after 17gb, speed drops at half and dont...
  8. Help with drop in network speeds

Help with drop in network speeds: Hi All, I'm looking for some help with my laptops connection, regardless of whether I use Wifi or Ethernet, it seems to not go faster than 150mbps. I know for a fact a few months back it would easily reach 250mbps on Wifi alone. I have a Killer E3000 Ethernet controller and...
  9. File Tranfer speed dropped

File Tranfer speed dropped: This morning I went to transfer files photos from SD card to my laptop. The speed has dropped off considerably to yesterday and days previous. I am sing USB port with Integral card reader normal for this use today I and getting a335-710 kb/s transfer speed . A 1.2 GB file is...
  10. SSD/USB3.0 Speed Drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD/USB3.0 Speed Drop: When transferring files from my external SSD/USB3.0 to my PC, the speed drops from around 300MB/s to 105MB/s. It stays at 300MB/s almost 60% of the transfer, then it Drops. What to do so that there is no Drop? EDIT: Disabling the "Write Cache" for HDD in PC, the speed...