Windows 10: 16x16 icons and pictures thumbnails not showing up on some Win 10 when Explorer is set to...

Discus and support 16x16 icons and pictures thumbnails not showing up on some Win 10 when Explorer is set to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi So I have an icon and image that must have its thumbnail be visible on all Windows explorer views. When I set the view to small, the icon and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fvig2001, Feb 10, 2021.

1. 16x16 icons and pictures thumbnails not showing up on some Win 10 when Explorer is set to...

Hi

So I have an icon and image that must have its thumbnail be visible on all Windows explorer views. When I set the view to small, the icon and image change to generic white icons. Application.exes do not encounter this issue. This does not occur on some Win 10s that I have and on Win 7. I tried:

1. Folder options->Disable thumbnails
    2. Advanced settings->Disable thumbnails but show icons

Thanks

submitted by /u/fvig2001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fvig2001, Feb 10, 2021

2. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Feb 10, 2021
  3. JimKWD Win User
    Picture Thumbnails not showing in explorer

Hi,

I have lost all my picture thumbnails When I open explorer and click on pictures can I show my sub folders I was showing a picture preview of the picture now it just shows the icon with the file name no picture preview. If I click on the picture it opens
    windows photo and display the picture

How do I restore the picture thumbnail display I am using windows 10

Thanks

JimKWD, Feb 10, 2021
  4. 16x16 icons and pictures thumbnails not showing up on some Win 10 when Explorer is set to...

Pictures do not ALWAYS display as thumbnail preview wIN 10

Hi John,

We recommend following these steps to show pictures as thumbnail:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on File.
    • Select Change folder and options.
    • Click on View from the pop-up.
    • Uncheck the "Always show icons, never thumbnails".
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

16x16 icons and pictures thumbnails not showing up on some Win 10 when Explorer is set to...

1. 16x16 icons and pictures thumbnails not showing up on some Win 10 when Explorer is set to... - Similar Threads - 16x16 icons pictures

2. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-some-pictures-are-displayed-as-thumbnail-and/b797b16d-2782-4259-b63c-10cf6b8a3445 and went thru all the same steps.When I did the very last one - create a new user profile, it did NOT have the...
  3. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons: I have the same issue as https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-some-pictures-are-displayed-as-thumbnail-and/b797b16d-2782-4259-b63c-10cf6b8a3445 and went thru all the same steps.When I did the very last one - create a new user profile, it did NOT have the...
  4. Only some pictures are displayed as thumbnail and some are icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.: In certain folders, some photos will only show as icons, when I'd like all of them to show as thumbnails. I have tried all the standard stuff; deselecting "always show icons, never thumbnails" in File Explorer, clearing thumbnails from C drive, etc. My job is very difficult...
  6. File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.

File Explorer will only show icons on some photos, and thumbnails on others.: In certain folders, some photos will only show as icons, when I'd like all of them to show as thumbnails. I have tried all the standard stuff; deselecting "always show icons, never thumbnails" in File Explorer, clearing thumbnails from C drive, etc. My job is very difficult...
  7. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  8. pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?

pictures will only show as icons and not thumbnails, is there a fix for this ?: Since I installed windows 11 my pictures will not show as thumbnails only as icons. How do I change this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-will-only-show-as-icons-and-not/ef0a406c-e934-456d-9b55-49d7b3473136
  9. Picture icon no thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Picture icon no thumbnails: I am having issues trying to show my thumbnails instead of icons , I have tried every single troubleshoot I could find with no luck , I have a few showing but not alot of them are , can someone please help , Its getting real ridiculous and upsetting...
  10. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer: Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?...