Windows 10: (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Discus and support (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I want to know why "Play HDR apps and games" this option disapper when I set duplicate mode.(extend mode can see this option) Is it by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lin Eric, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Lin Eric Win User

(17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Hi all,

I want to know why "Play HDR apps and games" this option disapper when I set duplicate mode.(extend mode can see this option)

Is it by design or an issue? If it is by design, has any document to explain this behavior?

More information as below:

OS version: 17763.1 , 18362.1 , 18362.3.

Thakn you (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode. :)

:)

Lin Eric, Apr 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : Imgur

Full screen mode (HDR off) : Imgur

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode. :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, Apr 20, 2019
  3. I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to turn on HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to roll back the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows
    + R' key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.

3. Expand the display adapter option from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on 'Properties'.

5. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'. If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the
    computer.

If you are still facing issues with color after enabling HDR on your PC and if you’re using an HDMI connection and your display supports HDR over a DisplayPort connection, use DisplayPort instead to connect your PC and display.

• If HDMI is your only option, use that, and then do one of the following:

Reduce the frame rate

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties.
      2. In the display’s Properties box, select the Monitor tab, select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate, and then select OK.

- OR -

Reduce the resolution

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties
      2. On the Adapter tab, select List All Modes.

In List All Modes, select the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, and then select OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 20, 2019
  4. (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hi Willy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue with a particular game or all the games?
    2. Are the colors washed out in the game?
    3. How do you get to know that HDR mode gets disabled?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Update Graphics Card Drivers.

Try updating the Display Drivers,
    restart the computer once after updating the drivers, and check for the issue.

Method 2:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

Also, please refer to the section Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10 from the above article to check the compatibility of your monitor for HDR.

Method 3:
    Reduce Frame Rate.

Step 1: Go to Settings
    > System > Display
    > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties.

Step 2: Switch to
    Monitor
    tab > Select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate and click on
    OK.

Step 3: If you cannot find the option to change
    Frame Rate, reduce resolution by going to Display adapter properties, switch to
    Adapter tab, and select List All Modes.

Step 4: In List All Modes, select the setting that includes
    1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, then select OK.

Step 5: Once you make the changes,
    restart the computer once and check for the issue.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

(17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

1. (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode. - Similar Threads - 17763 18362 Play

2. MFSXcode 1-80004005 what is this code when I try to play the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MFSXcode 1-80004005 what is this code when I try to play the game: when i try to play MFSX it gives me a code 1-80004005 how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mfsxcode-1-80004005-what-is-this-code-when-i-try/fa720830-9d04-4153-8814-90196557e32e
  3. MFSXcode 1-80004005 what is this code when I try to play the game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MFSXcode 1-80004005 what is this code when I try to play the game: when i try to play MFSX it gives me a code 1-80004005 how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mfsxcode-1-80004005-what-is-this-code-when-i-try/fa720830-9d04-4153-8814-90196557e32e
  4. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  5. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

[HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  6. Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled: I have the "Play HDR games and apps" setting enabled, otherwise everything I use on the monitor looks dull. I have been randomly getting black screens for a while now while playing full screen games. Took me weeks to figure out why this was happening. When I turn up or down...
  7. Game disappered

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game disappered: Hello a few months ago i purchased Forza Horizon 3 along with the Hotwheels Dlc when i reinstalled windows and logged back into my account it says i no longer own it and is forcing me to buy it again, was the game not tied to the Microsoft account? Can i get the game back...
  8. Outlook Duplicated +1

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Duplicated +1: Dear Sirs, can you help? I am new to this forum so would appreciate some help or advice. I have a new Surface Pro 3, and using Microsoft 365 software. My problem is this I have outlook 2013 on my computer, but I also have Outlook Mail Box plus if I go into Edge I have another...
  9. "%1" app

"%1" app: In photo viewer there is an option "open with" Next to the regular installed apps there is also a strange "%1" option or app. and I don't have a clue what that's suppose to mean. 31490
  10. Disable 1 Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable 1 Setting: Hi everyone *Smile I just got the Anniversary update! Found that a new item added to the Settings: Settings > Privacy > General > Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device I just wanna find this item's registry key in order to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Play HDR games and apps

2. play hdr games and app

3. play hdr games and apps windows 10

4. play hdr games and apps setting,
  5. play hdr games and apps not there,
  6. play hdr games and apps no,
  7. play hdr games and apps not there win 10,
  8. windows play hdr games and apps option laptop,
  9. play hdr games and apps win 10,
  10. hdr games and apps,
  11. hdr games & apps,